Well....Que.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nozz99, May 24, 2023.

1. Nozz99 New Member

says 1min, thinking 1h.
  2. MagicOrcen New Member

Does going into chat remove you from queue?

Also if I’m in queue will I get booted from login screen for being idle?
  3. Edge Apprentice

Yeah, I was literally spamming to join the server from when it was "locked" until "up" and had a 1 min queue, for about 8 mins now.
  4. Kazzuk Elder

5. Overcast451 Augur

Where is our free month for this insult?
    Where is our triple XP?

We demand justice!!!

o_O:);)
    Aludin likes this.
  6. Sinamil New Member

It wouldn't bother me as much if it didn't happen literally every time. They've launched enough tlps by now to know they need much more capacity. I work in backend cloud setup and this is easy as pie if you're paying attention to load balancing numbers.
  7. Dingodog New Member

How is my que gets longer the longer I wait.....
  8. Temporality New Member

I actually got in on my laptop, but before it hit the character screen, "You have been disconnected."

After doing a number of these launches, and running with some pretty hardcore folks, I've got the impression some people/accounts just get preferential treatment. I'll leave the rest of the tinfoil hat for someone else, though.
    Aludin likes this.
  9. Dynak New Member

The queue prevents thundering herd, just chill for a bit - watch some youtube, make another post about which class you should start with, etc...
  10. Sakuraba Augur

11. NoxiousGrizzle Also post as Slik, Noxious, or Bart

NO, I WANT TO TAG OTHER PEOPLES MOBS NOW AND ASSERT MY DOMINANCE
  12. Lolafv New Member

You could be right since the server status says it is a low population as of 1 minute ago
  13. eq06 New Member

Can you play with another account on another server while playing on a truebox TLP server?
    both gold accounts?
  14. SoandsoForumUser Augur

No, they've said they do new release unlocks in stages, they put an artificial cap in place and step it up by like 250-500 people every N time period to try and prevent overloading the character creation process.
  15. Kazzuk Elder

Fixed that for ya.
  16. Temporality New Member

Yes, they do that. However, there are certain people who never have any problems getting in immediately on a TLP release. I consider that suspicious; it should always be different people, assuming it's fair.

Also, and this is important, if the character login/creation screen gets bogged down by a certain number of players...what do you suppose is stopping griefing by getting a character or three you want into the game, and then leaving a few more sitting in character generation? Food for thought.
    Lolafv likes this.
  17. Captain Video Augur

Ping time isn't fair.
  18. Dingodog New Member

Says server is at capacity......bull, need to change that to to many peeps skipped work and overloaded the log in system.
  19. Sakuraba Augur

First rule of TLP:

Do not waste PTO on TLP.
    Overcast451 and Pops Racer like this.
  20. Sinamil New Member

Wasting PTO on TLP on launch is ill advised. Day after launch? You'll at least have a shot at stability.