Why People Will Still Play on Oakwynd

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GRACUS, May 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olestra Elder

I guess that just makes perfect sense being that the younger people who now play are of that me me me mentality. EQ used to be about community and being social. That's why the long grinds were a good thing. It makes me sad when all I see anymore is everyone wanting to solo or join/form a group only to split as soon as you get the item you wanted.
    Rijacki likes this.
  2. DimitriG New Member

Some of these hard core chads need to take notes from homies like this. Any TLP server that gives us the ability to run through old school expansions on a reasonable release schedule will have a good healthy population of players. I'm personally excited about it :D
    minimind likes this.
  3. Lejaun Augur

I'll be playing on Oakwynd because I enjoy this game. TLP launches are exciting to me, even if it's material that I've done a dozen times before. It's a time to meet up with new people, and the game is at it's all-time high of pickup groups being around.

I enjoy the struggle of trying to find gear and counting my gold and platinum to see if I can get the next upgrade.
    minimind likes this.
  4. Trevalon Augur

lol, your assumption that the 5000 people recycling through TLPs are "younger people" is probably very wrong. I think the youngest person in my entire guild is 31 we found out at a raid? No, its all old people playing EQ protecting their pixels and there are ALOT of old Try-hards out there, trust me.
  5. Olestra Elder

30s are young, they were children, young kids, when the game came out. 30s players are exactly the people I was talking about. kids who grew up with instant gratification nintendo
  6. KobalWR Lorekeeper

People, friends.
  7. Koniku Elder

are you seriously trying to disparage people who grew up playing video games on a video game forum?
  8. Triconx Augur

Imagine gatekeeping a video game.

Also, the irony of claiming the older generation of players was more mature and better while generalizing and spewing hate for an entire generation is top-notch. How do you go about your day living with so much cognitive dissonance?

I'm the age range you hate. I grew up playing this game and was raiding in a guild by 2000. Anyone who knows anything about this game knows the end game was the most vile, toxic atmosphere possible turn of the century, and most of those still playing are trying to relive their glory days on TLPs as toxic as ever.
    Ballzz, Rijacki and Crabman like this.
  9. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Even better imagine gate keeping sitting a chair, while you do nothing for 90% of the time. Those old folks are really good at waiting for some computer code to light up the screen for their chance at a reward.
  10. Laronk Augur

Oh yeah man, even raiding as late as POP. On some servers guilds would block elementals and then block time so they could be "the best" and have things that other players couldn't have not because of skill but because of playtime.

There was plenty of toxicity on some servers, it was just worse on the TLP's before agents of change as all the players are combined onto one server. With AOC and Truebox TLP servers have been a lot better than back in the days of ragefire and phinny servers.
  11. Olestra Elder

imagine not knowing what gatekeeping is
  12. Kazzuk Elder

Umm, you could block flagging for time, at most, but time itself is and always was instanced, there is no blocking that.......
    Laronk likes this.
  13. Accendo Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.