Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Zansobar Augur

I believe DPG has too much hubris to take that path. They will double down on FTE no matter how flawed the concept or how bugged the implementation becomes.
    7arami likes this.
  2. Tellall New Member

I was willing to wait and see how FTE was on test before voicing my opinion. After my brief testing, I can only ask one question ... Are you kidding me?

What a mess. Different mob types react differently. FD keeps the FTE lock so people can't attack the mob, unless it is undead (sometimes). Mobs peel off a train to attack someone just standing there. Not sure what the goal was, but this mess is not the answer.
  3. Obliteration Elder

I and many others are excited for FTE, it should be a nice addition to the game.

Much better than triple random loot, spending our days grinding groupable raid mobs for top end items
  4. Dmitry Elder

FTE is a little broken. Jump on the discord.
    7arami likes this.
  5. magikarp Elder

worse thing (imo) happening right now is that locked mobs can agro you and stay locked to another player, meaning you can’t interact with it while it beats on you. it can happen in populated dungeons on accident, intentional griefing completely aside. being attacked by an invulnerable mob as a perfectly capable enchanter, unable to cast spells to save yourself or friends feels very bad

it’s been observed as not intended by devs, so hope they can get to the bottom of it

just something we saw happening often while stress testing in lguk, now testing reproducibility conditions so i can post in the test thread

also, 100% confirmed you can swarm pull things and /yell them one at a time for a waiting kill group
    Critt and Doze like this.
  6. Blastoff Augur

Could anyone have dreamed of a more hilarious bug?
    HealBigBoy likes this.
  7. Labzeh Lorekeeper

I love that a lot of people called this happening from the start, but hilarious to see it come out exactly as peoples concerns haha.

It seems that most of these issues of things not working as intended are quite easily identified and sound like they're quite consistent in being able to be replicated so looking forward to seeing how things end up for launch.
    Doze likes this.
  8. TLP Addict Augur

Without major fixes before launch, the current iteration of FTE is a griefers wet dream, and this is coming from somebody that thought people sitting on named spawn points using macros to spam insta cast items wasn't a huge deal. (Just go farm plat somewhere else and buy it, or do without).

Being able to train mobs onto others and deny them any recourse whatsoever is just so broken.

More broken than Amy Lee.
    Doze likes this.
  9. 7arami Irritably sharp-tongued.

A Poem for the Devs

Oh devs, in pixel realms we dwell,
    A tale of woe and strife to tell.
    Swallow your pride, turn back the tide,
    And mend the worlds you've torn inside.

With thankful hearts, we'll rise in cheer,
    As changes made bring joy so near.
    Together we'll enjoy the game,
    And celebrate the devs' reclaimed fame.
    Dominate and HealBigBoy like this.
  10. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Judging by the discord it sounds like a hilarious comedy. We need Benny Hill theme playing. People getting killed by invulnerable targets. Enchanter charmed pets aren't holding aggro. It sounds like what we expected.
    HealBigBoy likes this.
  11. Aerodru Apprentice

Again, I have to say... WHO WANTED FTE TO BEGIN WITH!? Who is this for? Who, in their right mind, would ever request such a change to EQ? It's two weeks from Oakwynd launch, and this mechanic is busted af.

Everquest is going downhill, fast. if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    HealBigBoy and KronoCatcher like this.
  12. xxar Augur

EQ has been broken for many years , now if they can remove the ability to M Q.
  13. code-zero Augur

Hah! Nobody predicted THAT!
  14. magikarp Elder

page 101, on the topic of predictions on locked encounter interactions with healers

Agarikon, pipedreams3 and Doze like this.
  15. Trox2010 Augur

HealBigBoy and Aerodru like this.
  16. Aerodru Apprentice

17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

???? Not sure what you are getting at as the system is clearly broken right now and I have been posted based on the assumption that they would have it working when they patched it to test.
    HealBigBoy likes this.
  18. Kazzuk Elder

Clearly the developers do not play the game at all, I am not sure what type of QA/unit testing was done with this, because it is broken in so so many ways. It took me less than 5 minutes to see how broken this was in lguk with a monk, bard and a chanter.
    HealBigBoy likes this.
  19. Trox2010 Augur

Actually the vast majority of the issues plenty of people have predicted and warned of multiple times. Only thing I don't recall being predicted was the guards not helping newbies, but funny enough was the first thing I decided to check thinking no way they could have borked that up.
  20. Critt Augur

This right here is your problem.... you assumed it would be working as intended and in the history of this company when has that ever been the case right off the bat....The reason it's in such a bad state two weeks before launch is because the TLP community is supposed to be the testers for it... That's what I've been against from day 1...Treating your paying customers to something you didn't bother to QA and expecting them to be happy to pay for the opportunity to show you all the ways it's broken...
    Kraked, Aerodru and pipedreams3 like this.