Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Critt Augur

AOC and Truebox was implemented not as a test but as a fix to the fact that Ragefire and lockjaw were so toxic... When Phinny released everyone flocked to it and it was great but AOC only affects one aspect of the game, while FTE affects every single encounter...The opportunities for griefing are varied and many as has been listed...I don't think a TLP is the best place to test such a thing as people who play TLP mostly want to enjoy their time and experience some nostalgia. As to random loot that's not exactly a game changing mechanic is it? I get it, some of you want to give it a try and more power to you... Me personally I'd rather not, so I won't.
  2. KronoCatcher Journeyman

If you go by that standard then all TLPs are experimental.
    Rijacki likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Both of those still got implemented as a change to the rules and got tested out on those servers and it just so happens that you agree with the changes. FTE is also being done as a fix to issues that Daybreak sees on the servers and you just don't seem to agree with it.
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is only true for the servers that they change the rules on as there are plenty of them without any real changes to the rules. Even if it is true I don't see any problem with that.
  5. Ruhi Augur

it doesn't matter if ragefire/lockjaw were toxic - the implemented game changes were still "tests"

by your own logic - dps racing is considered toxic to folks - the dev post points out that reason specifically for fte - therefore - it is not a test either.
    Zrender and Rijacki like this.
  6. Critt Augur

Finally you are posting on the right thread..... but again I don't care... I've stated my opinion and you can twist yourself into knots trying to change my mind but you won't..I will state it here plain as I can and leave you to it....

I personally don't believe they should test a mechanic that will affect every single mob encounter on a TLP that I pay to play on.. AOC affected 1 aspect of the game and that was raiding, FTE affects every single battle and the many different things that can go wrong with it will change the player experience for everyone casual and raider. So I am not interested in playing it.
  7. KronoCatcher Journeyman

What are the issues that FTE is suppose to fix that Daybreak is saying? Link to a post if you got it please.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Rijacki likes this.
  9. brickz Augur

Rijacki likes this.
  10. KronoCatcher Journeyman

11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You don't have to agree with the reasons but it has been explained why they are doing this and why it is being done on a TLP server.
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Reading through many of the posts in this and other threads one could surmise those who play TLP are mostly wanting to grief other players in any way possible as a way to "enjoy their time". I doubt nostalgia has much to do with that.

However, I do agree that there is likely a bigger majority who don't post on these forums, Discord, etc. who want to enjoy their time and experience some nostalgia. Many of them don't like find being griefed by DPS race kill steals and being run over by intentional trains as a way to enjoy their time.

Whether or not FTE is a way to reduce that kind of griefing or just a way for the griefers to find new ways to interfere with the enjoyment of other players remains to be seen. Thus a new TLP is actually the perfect place to test it.
  13. pipedreams3 Journeyman

It's apples and oranges. Where are the 130 pages of feedback discussing it? it was a change that had potential to fix legitimate issues. If FTE had some signs of actually fixing real problems then we wouldn't be here fighting against it, at least not with such clamour.

Regardless as to whatever you think the problem is, FTE provides no solutions, and paying users are beta testing it.

The VERY LEAST they could do would be to give it consideration by allowing us to spend time in the test server. 2-3 weeks isn't enough to determine the problem never mind discover, acknowledge, replicate and implement a fix. give us 2-3 months, and i guarantee the vast majority of the voices here would be silent.
    Doze and Balrigard like this.
  14. Balrigard Journeyman

100% agree.
  15. KronoCatcher Journeyman

Even a 2 server option with one having FTE would be viable. This way we all arent forced to play FTE. If FTE turns out to be legit, you might see ppl jump over to that server instead.
    pipedreams3 and Balrigard like this.
  16. pipedreams3 Journeyman

Yep that's another factor too. This time around there's only one server and it has a disputable ruleset. Give us two servers and those who don't want to play it at least have a chance to start out fresh somewhere else.
    KronoCatcher and Balrigard like this.
  17. code-zero Augur

You're ignoring the fact that FTE is an effort to deal with a very real issue, that being training. Also, I suspect that there's still enough complaints about "kill stealing" that this could be considered as well.

So yes, FTE is an attempt to fix a problem
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The amount of feedback doesn't change the fact that they have been using TLP servers to test this sort of change for a long time and that this fix is designed around a TLP only issue.
    Rijacki likes this.
  19. pipedreams3 Journeyman

A very real issue? where, in unrest? you're going to change the entire mechanics of every single encounter because a few zones have high mob density? You're also ignoring the fact that FTE doesn't solve these. Now you just need a /yell hotkey, or FD, or Evac, or zone... There's a ton of ways to prevent FTE. Make the mobs con indifferent instead. there's zero reason to lock them out.
  20. Triconx Augur

The chill people who want to experience some nostalgia should see negligible differences in game experience with or without FTE. You will not notice in day-to-day activities of PUGing and killing mobs. FTE is a proposed fixed for toxic behavior. The only people who will be affected is if your nostalgia consisted of training people, KSing people, DPS racing people, etc. And I very much doubt many people have nostalgia of this because this behavior was against game's PNP rules.