Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. TLP Addict Augur

The "spirit" of the game as people understand it from 20 or more years ago has been Drawn and Quartered, Staked through the heart, Buried, Exhumed, Cremated and it's ashes scattered to the 4 winds, it aint comin back.
    Skuz and Rijacki like this.
  2. GugokSkulkraker Lorekeeper

I think it's pretty clear that after 129 pages of feedback, this is one of the most controversial changes to the game and it hasn't even made it into the game yet. The product team really needs to understand why so many people are against this change as it is changing something fundamental about EverQuest.

It is my opinion that once they trial this on Oakwynd they will want to roll it out to all the other servers as well. I love the idea of experimental servers, but I resent being a guinea pig.
    pipedreams3 likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

But that doesn't mean that it is a bad change or something that shouldn't be done. As for the other servers I don't see this being added to existing servers but depending on how it works out this could be added to new TLP servers as they are launched.
    Zrender likes this.
  4. Balrigard Journeyman

Let us hope they just scrap FTE entirely, FTE is garbage.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is unlikely to happen anytime soon and any decision will be based on metrics that we will not have access to.
  6. Balrigard Journeyman

Thank you, Captain Obvious!
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

With all the posts wanting it removed from the server before it launches there is reason to make sure people are clear on when it would be possibly be considered.
  8. Balrigard Journeyman

We do not want it removed, we do not even want it considered as an option. ( just to be clear )

DPS Race / FCFS win all for all disputes, promoting a change like this after 25 years is a dumb business decision.
    pipedreams3 likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that is why I made my post as people are looking to have it removed from the server before launch and are posting with that expectation.
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

But are there really "so many people" against it or are the majority of the against/for/indifferent posts a lot of the same people, not even with sock puppet accounts, just their own account repeating their own stance?

For all you or anyone else knows, there might be a lot of players who do not post on the forums, Discord, or where ever, who are in favour of it or indifferent to it or thinking it might be a nice change from the DPS race. For all you or anyone else knows, there might even be players expressly starting on Oakwynd that have been intimidated by some of the toxic behaviour on previous TLPs as a result of DPS races.

And yes, I am aware that many of those who thrive on toxic behaviour will be looking for anyway to exploit FTE to allow them to be even more toxic than with the DPS race. I really miss the "play nice" policy and attitude. It's kind of ironic, too, that those who advocate railroading over "casuals" or anyone else in their way with the most toxic behaviour they can get away with are also the ones who adamantly don't want PvP even though what they do is a form of player vs player to run off or crush those they deem beneath them.
    Zrender likes this.
  11. Wtfagain Elder

TLP IS NOT THE PLACE TO BETA TEST A MASSIVE CHANGE TO CORE GAME MECHANICS.

It’s that simple. Your opinion on anything else is inconsequential. The level of disrespect is sickening.
  12. Wtfagain Elder

I bet you think the earth is flat too
  13. Balrigard Journeyman

FTE is going to bring forth the worst in people, specially the elite crowd.
    Example : I will have no reason once level capped to clear NPCs at camps, so I will sit on named spawns and take what I want until the loot I want is obtained. Even if they win the tag, they still now are being hindered by my presence that they wont be pulling as efficiently.

RMTers and MQusers will stay indefinitely or until the prices start to drop on items.

So many hypothetical ways to troll with this mechanic as it is now, it will not even be fair to the casual players. IMO

Easier to just remove the idea of this FTE and continue with TLP as they have over the years, which has proven to be successful, minus a handful.
  14. brickz Augur

People already do this every TLP and nobody cares. Also since it's FTE the mobs would presumably ignore sit aggro so the group of lowbies can just pull right past a player even if they're sitting right in the middle of the pull path
    code-zero likes this.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

Yeah I miss all the older TLPs that brought out the best in people and all the RMTers and MQusers never even showed up.
    Raccoo, Zrender, Lejaun and 1 other person like this.
  16. Ruhi Augur

what do you think vaniki and mischief did? not change core game mechanics? - all you ever rebuttal is something derogatory - usually a troll/meme edgelord response

This already happens

It may not happen to you often since you've already stated you have the "toolbox" to deal with it, but lots of people have already been through the scenario you're describing in your example many many times on a dps race server.
    Rijacki and Zrender like this.
  17. Critt Augur

So many posts, some more passionate than others but still some great posts... Sadly none of it really matters to the devs... you see they know they have a fairly captive audience, and they want to test this new thing that is the pet project of someone...They know the best place to do that is a fresh TLP. The only way to teach them that TLP is not their test box is to just stop and walk away...Trust and believe if enough people don't show up and the server is a big failure, they will learn to stop treating paying customers as their beta testers. Vote with your wallet and your time don't login to their passion project.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This isn't the first time that a major change has been tested on a TLP and it won't be the last time either. Some big examples are agents of change and random loot.
    Rijacki and Zrender like this.
  19. KronoCatcher Journeyman

AoC was a needed change due to the pop on the servers. I wouldn't say random loot was a core function change but a twist on the loot system. FTE seems like its going to be the gold standard moving forward esp if they are testing it to push to live.

Is there a Dev post about what FTE is suppose to fix?
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't change the fact that those are experimental rulesets that got tested on a new TLP server.
    Rijacki likes this.