Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Gindorf New Member

Group them together and enjoy faster respawns…just saying…but don’t weaponize Necro’s
  2. Vlahkmaak Augur

So no different than it already is for us? When <SuperZerg GuudesterThanU> grp trains in, monk flops off their train and out dps' us (my 2 box war/sha) after we (I and/or some other dirty casual) camped a PH for hours only to rinse and repeat and hope to finally get our update before <SuperZerg GuudesterThanU> steals the next named too? Either way I'm willing to give FTE a shot if only because so many people seem to hate it. At least now, with FTE, if I clear it and tag it first then it is mine.
    Zrender and code-zero like this.
  3. Go Take A Nap Augur

Ive said multiple times now i dont see why they didnt just re write classic and ship it to us p99 style. Each year remaster an expansion until they get out of the weeds to the more modern expansions. do their progression servers on that to sell an optimal experience. Then they could use that as a backbone for a true sequel. Vision, direction, budget whatever it is....easier to milk it until they are ready to sell to the next guy i suppose.
    KobalWR likes this.
  4. Zrender Augur

The person in your scenario is already boxing a necro or other class at all 6 camps. He chases each group out with up to 6 toons as necessary then takes each camp, moves to the next pick, repeat. Rarely will he need all 6 toons anyway. When someone contests he moves 1 or more from their pick to the contested pick goes to the camp and the person or people there generally leave. Eventually people don't even bother if they see one the person's toons there. This is true even at camps like frenzy or magus, even though the deep camps without binds can take a few extra minutes to set up, after doing it a while you can pick and be at camp (when contested) in less than 2 minutes, with a train often included to eliminate the challenger ("oops") when the boxes are all necros. Worth it though because it's all profit for them once it's up and running. I'm actually surprised that you think a 6 boxer is currently only boxing 1 pick. I've done this myself including defending my camps in multiple picks, camps that I got by legit waiting my turn, for the record. I assume this method is common knowledge because I've done it with player groups as well, with people spreading out and defending camps when needed. With FTE there will still be tag races but I think FTE is much more likely to be the lesser of the two evils.

Also, 6 actual players have 6 chances at getting the tag. A 6 boxer only gets 1 chance unless they use a convoluted vpn setup. Remember, this is truebox. Again, a win for FTE.
  5. Vlahkmaak Augur

I heard that Oakwynd is launching in CryEngine and if it goes over well then the whole game will be remastered this way ;)
    pipedreams3 likes this.
  6. TLP Addict Augur

There will be plenty of tears for sure.
    Skuz, Vlahkmaak and pipedreams3 like this.
  7. Dominate Augur

If you read what I wrote in the post that you quoted again you would notice I said sometimes they have to consolidate power to hold the camp. Of course I have camped more than one pick simultaneously. Of course I have also camped multiple camps with friends communicating through discord.

I am actually surprised that you think that FTE helps casuals and hinders the big bads who box. It is quite obviously the opposite. All that changes are the methods used to contest your pixels (spoiler alert: its easier now).
    Khanfu likes this.
  8. Laurell_All Servers! New Member

Hi everyone,

As the FTE rules are going forward and we will probably see druids, necros and bards kiting half a zone of mobs the rest of us cant damage and exp ... I really think we need the decreased spawn timers 75% so the rest of people have descent experience times. This will make your server a hit with people and will ease in your FTE rules.

Please listen to your TLP community which plays each TLP server you do and raids. The amount of money we spend on bags and potions and now your perks too etc ... your customers..

We want FTE rules to go smooth its obviously something your going to do but listen to us about the decreased spawn timers...we want to play please please please listen to us and help us to help YOU make Oakwynd a success.

Hugs
    Laurel
    pipedreams3 likes this.
  9. TLP Addict Augur

Decreased spawn timers are a bandaid solution to a problem that may not even exist on this TLP, ie overcrowding.
  10. Khanfu Elder

Yes, and the "toolbox" will just change. Most of the honest players here are really staying positive, but I don't see them "out targeting" the guys who are prepared. Eyes, bots, timers, and macros... its all the same result in the long run. They will just figure out a new advantage and abuse it.
    Dominate likes this.
  11. Ruhi Augur

your post has been said several times over - 1 set of issues for another set with fte will be a thing

we're all just saying the same thing over and over on this thread.

people who are not ok with fte: it's gonna be toxic - casual gamers wont be prepared - but they know that their sure fire victories can now be stolen by a simple tagger

people who are ok with fte: it was already toxic - casual gamers already lost dps races - now they can get that named with a simple tag

the references to the casual gamer "not being ready" for tagging is absurd. i think people are just used to casual gamer not having multi-boxes of dps and with fte that doesn't matter.

i'm looking forward to seeing how the gameplay will be new and different.
    KobalWR, Rijacki and Zrender like this.
  12. Moforyguy12345 Augur

I know its slim to none chance but if they won't ever start in Kunark to open up more camps at launch then Focus effects would be cool since it'd open more camps in classic and they don't make that much of a difference. Just something else to do while waiting for the next expansion to come out.
  13. pipedreams3 Journeyman

TLDR of this whole thread:

FTE applies a bandaid to a minuscule problem by greatly changing the dynamics of the game and bringing problems of its own. It's dividing the playerbase and evaporating trust of your most loyal and competitive players. Though it is immeasurable, this side effect must be acknowledged.

Regardless to your stance on FTE, putting it on production servers for paying users to test without sufficient time in a testing environment is unfair to everyone. Not only unfair to people as paying customers, but unfair to the community because as these 127 pages have proven, it's clearly dividing players not only from the server but from each other, which for many (like myself) is the reason why I play this game.

I've been in game development (from infrastructure, project management, content creation, creative writing and more) for more than a decade, largely because of EQ. My colleagues have dubbed me 'lord grampa' after I shared the wrong screen in a teams meeting 2 years ago. I personally don't love or hate FTE because I don't have the time to be competitive where it will have the heaviest impact, but for such an initiative to be applied so swiftly likely suggests it's coming from somewhere or someone pressuring them. A call from senior management to reduce staff involvement (to reduce costs) or a desperate attempt to attract a new crowd that might otherwise not be. Reading through this thread, it is clear that players are divided, with the loudest proponents being against FTE. Regardless as to how DPG proceeds, (with other solutions like faster respawns or not) people will be upset. The current position is tough, but the best approach from here would be to take care of the community and change the topic entirely. Make a public announcement, tell the players that their concerns have been heard and delay the server date. Give it some time on test so that people can see whether or not it works, and apply the new features based on the results. In the meanwhile if resources are available, consider another server where a ruleset is a little bit more favourable to the community. On discord and here alike, there are hundreds of suggestions for what players would like to see. DPG: Involve yourselves, make a PA and do what's right. In the current position, a heavy hand in either way is going to frustrate people. Your customer base isn't growing and making the few you have bicker amongst each other is worst case scenario.
  14. Dominate Augur

It is definitely going to be different gameplay. Gonna be fun figuring it out at first.

No one is hating on "casuals" my friend. They are just pointing out that the people who already figured out how to win will probably be the ones who do it again. I am a filthy casual, so hopefully I can win some tags :) :)
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That all depends on what your definition of "casuals" is and I am guessing there are plenty of them that know how to take advantage of the new system.
  16. Trox2010 Augur

I did just realized one advantage to FTE; Oakwynd might be the first TLP in which the Sleeper could be left asleep for more than a couple days post-Velious launch.
  17. Slambit Journeyman

3rd party server, want your nameds you better pay those guys
  18. Larsen Augur

Why would that be the case? This feature does nothing to stop people from killing all four warders.
  19. Trox2010 Augur

Because if people want to keep the Sleeper asleepmthey just tag a wader or 2 and just keep it on the aggro list so no one else can kill it.
  20. TLP Addict Augur

What guild (or box crew) is going to run 24/7 shifts to do that?