Port spells

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flatchy, Apr 12, 2023.

1. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

As others have said, we don't know what you mean here. They can easily just flag the NPC to only interact with DRU and WIZ. In addition, there's no reason to have the spells be no trade since the portal clicky items themselves are tradeable. The portal items would sell out on the bazaar pretty fast. It would create a renewed demand for crates and generate a good deal of revenue, either way.

Both things can easily be done at the same time.

The spell data of portal spells give an exact /location. Obviously the multiple ports to the same zone each have unique location data as well. It's as simple as copy-pasting that location data to a portal scroll.

The other guy was talking about a full class re-balance and such. I don't think creating portal spell scrolls is really on the same level, considering the spells could be created inside one work day. It's literally just a matter of using a template for gate/portal/TL/zephyr, and then copy-pasting the spell data from the portal items.

So your argument is literally "Don't add anything new until my specific list of demands is met. Oh, and also, your desires don't matter and you shouldn't talk about them"

Literally one day's work. I could do it myself with only google as a guide. Also, illusions are basically useless, especially compared to something as helpful as ports.

I won't

So you want them to fix bugs but also to add new things which you said yourself takes time away from fixing old problems. Also, you want new spells, which is what these ports would be. Got it.

There are thousands of ideas you could have had that would make the forums more fun. Instead, you want less ideas and less discussion. Well isn't that special.
  2. Flatchy Court Jester

Oh that is fine I am not offended in the least. Honestly I would rather have people be blunt with what they think and not sugarcoat it. Everyone has an opinion and a reason for it. I like to hear the other side cuz I am often surprised at what I may miss and it can change my mind. Carry on!
    Aanuvane and Grove like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It still will take a decent amount of work as there are a lot of items that would qualify for the trade in and other work would need to be replaced by that.
  4. Windance Augur

Q1: For those familiar with enchanter illusions. Is the PoK quest "Legendary Enchanter Illusions" the only way to get the illusion spells? or did the spells/scrolls already exist and doing the quest was just easier than farming?

Q2: What is the point of converting the items to spells? Faster reuse? Making single target item into a group port?

Flatchy, could you give an example of some items you'd convert into spells?

What if they gave the porting classes AA abilities for the various zones. Kind of like the enchanter's "enchant" metal AA's line. Bonus: you don't have to mem spells. ( Not that I think its worth dev time to implement )
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Technically, since the request includes group port spells, it wouldn't just impact two classes, it would benefit everyone.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure, if you get a port to one of those zones from a druid or wizard it would "benefit" you but that isn't the only way to get to those zones. You could make that statement for anything that can be cast on others such as all the illusion quest for enchanters and project illusion but at some point it isn't really true.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

For the enchanter one it allows you to have the illusion and not carry around the item which saves a lot of bag space. It might also be needed for the project illusion ability but I am not sure on that.

On the port side I think it would be so you don't have to carry around the port item and so you can cast a group or targeted version.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Celephane Augur

It is, this is what allows others to enjoy certain illusions as well.
  9. Flatchy Court Jester

The purpose was so that they could port someone to a place they could not do so before because that items is self use only? If that person needed to get there but didnt have it before, now they could get sent there.

Couple of items off the top of my head- https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=51446 it would save a person in the GH about 4 zonings just to get to Crescent Reach.

Any of the items such as paintings or clickies. Yes I know everyone can use them where they are but here is where doubles come into play. When you are out and about it could prove handy to have the spell instead of running back to the GH to use the clickie.
    Celephane and Yinla like this.
  10. Aanuvane Augur

Zephyr: Blightfire - cuts the zoning by half :)
    Teleport Guild Hall anchor - don't have to run back ;)

Just being a brat. I'm somewhat indifferent to the ask.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

If it even saves me one zoning I would do it. It annoys me to run from the gh to pok. Brick of knowledge, the stein, and that stupid amulet that takes a potion to use (sorry I forget the name) are things I use a lot.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Pintoy 3 Journeyman

I like having clicky ports that I can put into a hot bar. This way I don't have to switch out a spell slot to cast a port then switch the spell slot back.
  13. demi Augur

The Binden Concerrentia

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=17786
  14. demi Augur

I wish they would come out with clickies that would port whole groups :p
    Flatchy and Yinla like this.
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

Make it a vastly costly AA ,say 500 AA to get it. Most of us are current and wasting them on glyphs anyway.