Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Kahna Augur

I feel like it will be harder than people think to actually hold mobs and not kill them/be killed by them. And while the disrupters are over there locking down a handful of mobs just to say I told you so the rest of the server will be off happily killing other mobs.

Will the occasional mob be stolen from your camp because someone else tagged it first? Sure, but that already happens now with DPS racing. A group is no more likely to be chased off a spot by someone FTE stealing all their mobs then they were when another group came and sat on them and out DPSed every kill till they left. Sure before you had the chance to try and out DPS them, now you have the chance to snag mobs before they do. 6 to one half dozen to another. It'll just be a wash.

The sky is not falling, will there be bugs that need to be worked out, sure, happened on Mischief too. It won't be the end of the world. I wish all of you who feel drawn to this ruleset happy hunting and hope you enjoy it.
  2. Morrigan Bowjobs

Not sure if you played a BST or BER on Vaniki, but those classes are pretty terrible until about the level cap & era they came out in. BST don't get any of their class defining skills until close to 60 and spells from luclin. So, anything before that they are just a terrible monk, with a bad pet, and no FD and were almost useless on raids til later on. BER were also pretty bad sub 60-65 without a bunch of their class skills that made 2h damage for them worth it. So, unless you just want to be a subpar for multiple expansions until those classes reached higher level caps and eras where they got their good spell/skills I wouldn't recommend it.

Also, I'm not totally sure, but they'd also have issues with some raid loot before their intended eras.i know they went back and added BST/BER to PoF & PoH. But wasn't sure about VP, Velious class specific armor, PoP class specific armor. Since those classes weren't around and I didn't see actual drops wasn't sure if quest exist for those classes since they come out much later.
  3. Kahna Augur

And? Do you really think there are a bunch of casuals out there right now beating people who use cheater programs? They might be winning the fights a different way but they are walking all over the honest folks with either method. They are still going to have the mob back at their camp and half DPSed down before the other guy even knows the mob spawned.
    Ragnoruk and Lejaun like this.
  4. Whyx New Member

I don't like DPS racing, but I don't think this will be any better.
    Lawyer and Kunfo like this.
  5. Silias McKendrick Augur

We all know that most EQ players box not play alts. We also know that DB wants to sell xp potions.

I suggest the reverse of the bonus. Everyone starts with 100 or 50 percent xp bonus.
    You hit lvl cap on one you loose 20 or 10 percent. Until a max of 5 are max lvl for no bonus.

To prevent abuse you cannot create more than 1 toon until it hits max lvl, then only 2 until you have both max lvl etc all the way to 5 alts.
  6. Lejaun Augur

I'd disagree. Most people I've played with have several alts and it's not uncommon towards the end of an expansion to have someone change characters when a key class logs and needs to be replaced.
  7. wade_watts Augur

You clearly misread and didn’t understand my comment. Thanks tho.
  8. wade_watts Augur

Yeah. This is good. It’s t not really a critique, it’s just a head scratcher. Why this lol? FTE solves no problems - were PL’ers some hidden blight on all servers that I’ve just never really been impacted by in my 20 years of playing? The FTE just makes it easier for someone to gank kills / nameds from your camp and there being nothing you can do about it. The other stuff is just lackluster - who cares.
  9. Lejaun Augur

If you check the forums, there have been quite a few complaints about powerlevelers, as well as in game. This address the current method used to PL better than the enchanter stun nerf did.
    Magician9001 and Zrender like this.
  10. Vindar Augur

What does popular matter? A lot of games aren't necessarily "popular" but still maintain a healthy enough of a playerbase, which is really all that matters. The expansions are still profitable, because they keep releasing them and people keep buying them.

Yea, a lot of people who reroll on TLPs don't play past PoP, some even earlier. Most people would agree that EQ starts to change substantially from GoD onward.
  11. Leifer Augur

Most (not all by any stretch) people play their alts across different accounts if they want to use them for anything other than a mule. If you really just want to play one toon at a time, then enjoy this small, temporary xp bonus on your alts once you get one to max level.
    Lawyer likes this.
  12. Jakken Journeyman

No no, you pay to ALLOW it to be killed, not for kill rights.
    You're paying just to stop them holding it hostage
  13. Silias McKendrick Augur

The people I know play boxes, those are the accounts people normally switch mains over too.
    KronoCatcher and Lejaun like this.
  14. Lejaun Augur

I plan on playing two accounts, though most of the time I like to play just 1 at a time.

One account will have a leveled up paladin alt. One account will have a leveled up cleric alt for rezzes. One account will have a necro on it, the other account will have a shaman. And so on. I anticipate 1 main character that has the best gear and AA's and flags, a 2nd boxed character on different account that compliments the main well, and about 3 or so other alts per account.
  15. jordune Augur

so i guess druid / wizzie quad kitting is going to become a distant memory.. this will basicly kill kiting
  16. Laronk Augur

Or its a vocal minority and we don't know its the "vast majority"
    Lejaun likes this.
  17. Lejaun Augur

Why would it kill it? You have aggro on the mobs, deal them damage, run around, resnare if needed, do more damage, kill. What about this server stops kiting?
  18. Kunfo Augur

So you'd be fine with a poll or survey then? Funny because I could have sworn the same people calling us a "vocal minority" are the same ones imploring DBG not to do a survey of the community on this idea yesterday.
  19. Kahna Augur

It also makes it easier for you to gank mobs from their camp. And honestly, was there really anything you could do about folks taking your mobs? One group typically had more DPS and there was nothing the other group could do about that. DPS scuffles with groups who's pull areas over lapped always went poorly for one of the groups, this won't change any of that, it'll just be done in a different way. It will all come out even in the end.

I have had my playtime disrupted by AoE groups on more than one occasion. Probably more often than I have had conflicts with other people pulling "my" mobs. The congestion and camp crowding goes away much faster than the disruption caused by AoE groups/PLers.
    Lejaun likes this.
  20. Runes Augur

Put this garbage ruleset on Test 1st and then after 6 months get an idea of how well received it was and maybe then introduce it to TLP and Live servers at the same time. Devs very own words were its "experimental" so put it where experimental belongs. If these untested concepts are going to be thrown on the new TLP then you better make the TLP free just like Test is, because you using us as your beta testers on something that has not been asked for, over the months of posts for ideas that were on these forums. Whoever it was on the team that only looks at EQ TLPs with "looks good on paper" mentality belongs on the WoW team.
    Lawyer likes this.