Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. bartolomo Noxious Iksar

I have never streamed in my life, but I might go over there for the first 2 days just to record history in the making. I have talked to many of my friends, and this is going to be BADASS! Imagine all the crazy stuff these mechanics can do. The mayhem it will cause. Its going to be epic! I swear I am not trolling right now, this does sound like it could be fun even though I hate it. Maybe that was the point of it all in the first place. Good job daybreak, the only trollier thing you could have done was make a pvp tlp. God bless everquest, and see you guys with my 6 bards all casting songs in intervals at Lord and Frenzy camp!
  2. Rusery New Member

People contesting my mobs didn't push me away from TLPs nor will bring me back. Now we will have pullers tag and just run? I don't get it.

Added flat bonuses to expansions that compound is really lack-luster to say the least. We've been playing for 20 years, and these changes will bring no new experiences, which a TLP should do. I didn't play Mischief either, didn't have time, but at least that ruleset brought on new experiences and probably a lot of really exciting drops.

No one asked for this stuff. Quicker levelling? Coin drops? Thats your expansion bonus? Quicker AAs when AAs are launched? No one will know the difference on these at all. Worst thing about it, the devs have known this TLP ruleset for months now despite what people have been asking for.
    wade_watts likes this.
  3. Sendaii New Member

Meaningless comment because they'd obviously implement a function to reset the mob based off a range of idle states and other parameters, that's like, super obvious..
    Also Crabman don't you quit every server by Velious anyway?
  4. YouDaGoob Lorekeeper

No they wont. Are you trolling? Lmao
  5. Hirbow Augur

Welcome back from the clouds to the game called Everquest. Your free trade/extra loot server exists, we don't need more . This is going to be a great server, all the krono lord power levelers are complaining how they're supposed to PL people and make money to pay their rents with this kind of server.. its going to be great lol
    Ragnoruk, Lejaun and Traktur like this.
  6. B0HICA New Member

This 100%. There are so many issues with the game that are not being fixed. They chose to waste dev time to bring a failed EQ2 feature to EQ that no one is asking for. If these mechanics seem fun to you, go try EQ2 with the dozens of remaining players. If they bring this to live it will be the end of EQ.
    Kunfo and YouDaGoob like this.
  7. Crabman Augur

is that obvious? there are tons of things we think would be obvious implementations that are not in the game. also auto clickers exist.

and no ive never quit a server in velious. classic to luclin is what i enjoy the most. I dont know where you know me from but if its yelinak i quit for a while due to the birth of my child which happened in late kunark. tried to come back but just didnt have the time. came back to play on mischief with a small group of friends instead because free trade made it much easier to catch up
  8. Hirbow Augur

I have plenty of alts on the same account. Maybe you are the minority ? Maybe you're the one that 6 boxes with 3 computers in a True box tlp server?
    SO just because you don't do it, doesn't mean people don't
    Lejaun likes this.
  9. DosPanchos New Member

This hits the spot for me. I like the Agnaar philosophy and this strengthens it.
  10. Hirbow Augur

FTE is pretty much a standard rule set for most modern mmo's
    It obviously works in EQ2 that has had it for years; As someone that has done TLP's since Phinny, I think its a nice alternative to give non zerg guilds an opportunity to compete in content
    Ragnoruk and Laronk like this.
  11. Trident Elder

Have you actually played this game before?
    Laronk likes this.
  12. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

How would this be any worse than the current dilemma, which is dps-racing armies on important mobs/loot? This kinda seems like bait posting lol
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I agree that it won't be great for everyone but it still has some use for everyone once AA are unlocked and you can get a 10% xp boost for being max level.
  14. Aiona Augur

Yeah, the majority of players have alts on their accounts. These clowns just want to stir the pot.
    Lejaun likes this.
  15. Laronk Augur

on the flip side I'm out there trying to solo/duo a named and a group rolls over me.
    YouDaGoob likes this.
  16. Triconx Augur

The loot locked mobs that have * already release that lock after being up for 30 minutes last I checked The capability to clear the FTE lock is already there. Stop being clueless. Knee jerk reactions as per usual on this board with nothing but conjecture and conspiracy while evidence points to the contrary.
    Ragnoruk, Traktur and Lejaun like this.
  17. Lejaun Augur

I am really looking forward to this server. It has a ruleset I am just fine with, and has enough new features that I look forward to. In particular, I like that each expansion adds something new and that I am encouraged to play new classes.

The server will certainly have it's issues and I can see adjustments being made. I think the biggest problem won't be from the people who plan on staying for awhile, but instead from the angry people mad that they didn't get another free trade / random loot server trying to be disruptive.

Eventually they will get bored and move on and the server will settle down. I'd be prepared for a good dose of toxicity though early on as they try to prove their point on how "bad the rules are", by being the ones causing the problem and proving it. You can already see multiple people openly saying how they are going to try to sabotage and exploit the server because they are mad about not getting their way. It has more to do with the toxicity of some people than the ruleset.

Just stick with it, don't give in to their tox-baiting, and enjoy the server. I will.
  18. uberkingkong Augur

Nope.

Going to the vacation MMORPG and may overstay my welcome, play other games, and/or get other things done.
    This isn't the only game around you know.

Was thinking EQ2, but the way they are treating that PvP TLE, I don't think I'm going to support that either. More likely to do the EQ2 TLE. But EQ TLP ruleset no chance, no chance in hell.

EQ2 PvP TLE is faction based, so that is good. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ew-faction-based-pvp-server-april-6th.598982/
    Maybe check it out, but EQ TLP not a chance.
    EQ2 is one of those games not box heavy too, I'm getting tired out from boxing too btw.
    Boxing isn't really fun, but its how to play EQ because of how bad of a state it is in, only TLPs is where you don't really box.
  19. Lejaun Augur

I'll be putting my money where my mouth is by continuing to subscribe to 2 accounts, buying bags and potions, and having a wonderful time.
    Ragnoruk and Triconx like this.
  20. Zrae Journeyman

Dude look up ogre, it will change your life