Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. YouDaGoob Lorekeeper

Why is Tone Deaf Games trying to kill the annual event that brings in over half their revenue? I dont get it, unless its a self sabotage move to get fired instead of just quitting?
    Raptorjesus5, Loscropos and Kunfo like this.
  2. Brazy Augur

Add free trade and maybe I'd try this abomination of a server.
  3. anonymous_ Lorekeeper

Around the 80s or so I think the time investment of leveling 5 characters to cap would outweigh the benefits to AA exp gain for most players. Yeah, there are people who reach cap in a matter of hours, but they're probably the least worried about AAs and can run their own numbers to see if it's beneficial for them. More casual players usually take a few days up to a couple weeks to hit cap.

It's a different story if you're planning on actually playing multiple characters, of course.
  4. Pigskin Journeyman

legacy xp = big whoop
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

How, entering the server later puts you at a stark XP deficit to players with tenure on the server. New/ returning players get g|mped
  6. Loscropos New Member

This is a total waste of time. How many max level alts do they expect people to have?
  7. Loscropos New Member

Without free trade this server is DOA
  8. Twizle Lorekeeper

Free trade isnt a fix to FTE it just makes it more enticing to be exploited
    Thatoneguy666 likes this.
  9. Stune Augur

Speed racing server, then it dies.
  10. Vindar Augur

Oh you mean as opposed to getting no bonus at all? Because the situation you're describing is exactly how it would happen with the current system.
  11. Vindar Augur

Mainstream? What's mainstream is WoW and such games. We play EQ because it isn't mainstream. And just because YOU don't personally like modern EQ doesn't mean others don't. If you haven't noticed, they keep making expansions and people keep enjoying them. Really tired of this silly narrative you rerollers keep pushing.
  12. Twizle Lorekeeper

FTE isnt a test for live servers as FTE would have little to no impact on live, they are trying to appease the crowd of people who get trained constantly or get blocked by trolls in one form or another. We may not see a cleric epic completed in kunark on this tlp due to this implementation, but my hope is that they change the rules after hearing or seeing feedback and ultimately we get a better tlp next year
    Brazy and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  13. Moforyguy12345 Augur

The best part of the TLP is the encounter locking because when I told my friends about it we all laughed and laughed and laughed. One of us will just randomly say "encounter locking" and it'll always get a chuckle.
  14. Loscropos New Member

300+ replies to the producers letter in the first 12 hours. Mostly all negative.

The vast majority of us do not want this TLP.
    Phoenix17, Kunfo, Appren and 2 others like this.
  15. Moforyguy12345 Augur

The only thing that makes me want to play is to experience the toxicity first hand so I can have a hilarious memory down the road.
  16. Hermano New Member

Ok, Darkpaw.
    Let's have a loot at your recent TLPs.
    Vaniki was hard mode, because of the speed. Yelinak was standard (boring?).
    Mischief and Thornblade were fun (random) and easy (free trade).
    I think it is a good strategic decision to alternate between a year of "hard/fast" rulesets (Vaniki like) and a year of "easy/slow" rulesets for casuals.

So this year around, you are offering us a server that is easier in a different way (no free trade but little perks added one extension after the other + xp bonus on alts) and supposedly fun with the encounter lock.

I am disappointed by your lack of creativity. 2 hours of brainstorm on Discord with 10 players who know the game would end up with much better, easy to implement, ideas to make things easy/casual & fun.

But let's assume that you guys are not going back now.

Please consider the following:
    1/ make the little perks more significant and increase the bonus xp on alts. Double loot for instance and 20% per additional toon. This is just as good as free trade to equip fast but does not pull krono farmers as much. And would be in line with the idea of encounter locks, that is casual player idea.
    2/ Encounter locks, please clarify how it works, how you tag and you break the tagging.

Alternatively, keep the perks, xp bonus as planned, but in that case please turn it into free trade.

But make it a REAL CASUAL server at least, for god sake. Half way decisions are not good... especially considering that you are planning only one TLP this year.
  17. Nightmoon New Member

Thornblade too.
  18. Magician9001 Augur

It also chases most of the better know jerks off the server in the first place. People are only talking about things from a "griefing" standpoint. But this change will have a much bigger effect on people that Box large amounts of toons, these changes really nerf OOG DPS and AoE pling which anyone boxing more then a group relies on.

It also allows people that are playing a single toon to fight back against those playing 20, people tend to avoid being jerks to people that can fight back.
    Zrender, Ruhi, Aiona and 1 other person like this.
  19. Larsen Augur

There's been one server with free trade aside from FV. One. It's not as if "no free trade" is some kind of extra hardship. It's literally the way the game works. The servers without it are the niche exception. It's so bizarre to me how many people seem to have adopted the opinion that free trade is just how Everquest should be from now on. Personally, I detest free trade and how it completely trivializes the game's entire loot progression. Buying BIS NToV gear in EC is utterly antithesis to the spirit of the game.
    Zrender likes this.
  20. Twizle Lorekeeper

People like free trade because from Planes of Power of your in a semi competent raiding guild then regardless of rule set you are BiS within the first month or so of every expansion release. This means it adds more activities for players and gives an incentive to play and provides less of a fomo feeling if you need to leave the game for a few months.

Free trade would make this server worse however so people suggesting just add free trade are not thinking through the implications of FTE.

FTE with random loot but no free trade would be a better concept