Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Mayor Journeyman

This is not EQ 2
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

and people without the facts use rhetoric.

Your knickers are showing.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  3. Lejaun Augur

But they do have the ability to get all of the bonuses that are being tested.
  4. Lejaun Augur

You're right, I don't have the facts. Why not? Because the server hasn't opened up for us to get those facts of how it will actually end up playing out. That hasn't stopped the complainers from complaining though, has it?
  5. Aiona Augur

Apparently, you are not the person who gets to decide whether DBG introduces an "Evolving Ruleset" on test or on a progression server. Imagine that?

You can always play on test or skip this server if it's not for you.

Meanwhile, I'll be playing it and helping to give feedback so they can do a better job of implementing it next time, on other servers, if there is in fact a next time.

Nice talk.
    Fallfyres and Lejaun like this.
  6. Kukaw Augur

It may fundamentally change the way the game is played, but it seems like they (Darkpaw/Daybreak) are wanting it to be more than just a TLP thing. If it's a success in their eyes then it might go Live.
    If that is the case, then it doesn't really have a whole lot to do with the fact it is going on the new TLP.
    It is more of a live test and might just wind up on everybody's server.

I am neither for or against it right now. I am curious about it tho, so I'll wait and see like everyone else.

It has been a long long time since I have played EQ2 very serious, but iirc you could toggle it off/on in the settings. Maybe they will have that option?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  7. Aiona Augur

What you're making know is that you have issues. Period.
  8. Mayor Journeyman

or they could run this into the ground, lose revenue, and when they have their next TLP not have the resources to execute something and begin a downward trend
  9. Magician9001 Augur

In fairness most the people using 3rd party aren't gonna be playing on the server. These rules also make leveling boxes a pain in the bum and with faster unlocks Boxing in general will just be less common.
  10. Aiona Augur

You could have a coke and smile and do something besides being negative all day on the forums, too. But that probably won't happen either.
    Lejaun likes this.
  11. Jakken Journeyman

The only thing OP said was about "knowing the exact timing of mob spawn". They didn't say anything about inhuman reaction time or killing a mob before it appears. Thats a separate issue, but "knowing a mobs exact spawn time" is childs play.
    If you're gonna complain about TPS abuse, make it clear, not whining about people with timers.
  12. TheRealMuramx Elder

That's 100% what it is. They don't want to deal with it, so now they can put in an automated system and say "you signed up for this."
    Kunfo likes this.
  13. Kunfo Augur

The only problem is KSing is going to be 1000% worse now, because it can be done by one toon with a clicky instead of needing an adequate group/box army to outnuke the other group.
  14. Lejaun Augur

You only needed a necro or shaman to KS before.
  15. Vudoman New Member

Seems to go with the theme of the rule set ...
    Magician9001, Crixos and Zrender like this.
  16. Zrender Augur

Would love no-trade stuff to be heirloom. Been asking for that for a long time. That and account based keying per server.
    Fallfyres and Vudoman like this.
  17. brickz Augur

Those necros that run around guk in classic e-bolting every named that spawns across 5 different camps just have an elaborate system of egg timers, no third party at all
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  18. Baulkin Augur

19. Thatoneguy666 Elder

It was my solid plan to make a recruitment post as soon as we got details of the new server. I mean i was good to go, got a few folks interested in starting something. Surely I thought, they can't do worse than Yelinak and Vaniki. Boy was I wrong. Plans canceled immediately. Maybe I'll go to Disney World in May or something.
    Joules_Bianchi and Kunfo like this.
  20. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The "compete" in OP's post is competing for what?

aggro.

which equates now entirely to reaction tme / pesistent AoE

Human response time can not compete.

Even extraordinary human response times of humans whose entire careers are based on rection time.

which is an entirely appropriate answer to OP.

What's Your stake?