Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Aiona Augur

You're not wrong here.
    There's going to be a VERY loud and squeaky wheel containing the less than 4% of players who even use the forums, complaining about it and only a fraction coming to praise Daybreak for the new server.

The other 96% won't be on the forums at all -- they will be logging in on launch day, creating 8+ alts on every account they can get into a TLP.

Edit: statistics made up, as are most. :)
    Fallfyres and Lejaun like this.
  2. Ratlanta New Member

Do you LFG for unrest each TLP? I bet you do
  3. Stagentti Augur

Thank you for continuing to prove my point. I'll drop it now.

My initial comment is pretty clear. I'm not sure which part is confusing you.
  4. Aiona Augur

In classic I have a group before I even leave my guild hall.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  5. Hdizzle Augur

+1 they can even rename it Old Blanchy or Sargeras to fit the theme.
  6. Obliteration Elder

Rather not have it than have it, but can live with free trade.

No random tho, that is horrible
  7. Traktur Elder

that'd make it so much better right out of the gate
  8. Atrocity Journeyman

A single necro isn't soloing Efreeti in era, nor is a SK. You may see PL'ers forming groups and letting people leech, but that is just afk xp'ing, and certainly won't go the speed of PL'ing with current methods. Again, they won't remove either completely, but it will reduce it, and degree matters.
  9. Noxious New Member

TOTALLY AGREE. People are so worried about the servers dying, etc etc. telling people if they dont like it they can shove it and go to mischief or yelinak. Bottom line - IF PEOPLE GO TO THE NEW SERVER WITH FREE TRADE AND LEAVE YOURS, ITS WHAT THEY WANTED RIGHT!? I just dont understand. The logic behind these arguments is not sound. Yes, some people might like the new rules, but if there is a huge number of players asking for something that is easily doable, why not do it? worried that it will be come the #1 server and you get more $$$? all the people that like that other idea can go over there, dont fundamentally change our 20 year old game on a whim to test something out.
    Kunfo likes this.
  10. Obliteration Elder

I'm excited, could be fun, will def be different.

Least there is no 3x and random loot garbage where we are all killing groupable epic mobs for top end raid gear like a pact of idiots.
    Aiona likes this.
  11. Hdizzle Augur

If there's one thing we've learned is that everything will work as intended the first 4 weeks of the server.
  12. Hirbow Augur

No thank you ; you have three Free trade servers; Enjoy the hell hole called Mischief, because now you can't seem to adapt to play a more standard ruleset server again.
    Zrender likes this.
  13. Obliteration Elder

People are freaking out about PLing?

God forbid you have to actually play Everquest, lol.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  14. Kunfo Augur

There is a more standardized server that came out after Mischief and its name is Yelinak
  15. KobalWR Lorekeeper

Exactly!
    Who really care about XP or faction bonus? I know I dont. The first change that I like is the lowered spawn timers but it starts way too late in the server's life.
    The only thing that matters: another 8 weeks of Classic, 8 weeks of Kunark and 20 weeks of PoP. Thanks but no thanks!
  16. AttilaTails New Member

How is it possible that the company running the game doesn't understand it? XP bonus for alts per max character on the SAME account??? Kite tagging exploits?? Copy paste the rest?? These guys have years to plan these launches. The development team has clearly laziness <255> to the point where they don't even read the forums. FREE TRADE...HELLO! Is anybody out there?
  17. Mayor Journeyman

this is frankly not true, TLPs slowly bleed players from launch with drop offs happening at expansion releases as players slowly lose interest in the eras they aren't fond of. For a TLP to be successful it requires 2 things. A ruleset that is compelling and a strong playerbase willing to see it through. I get people liked mischief at inception and continue to play it based on the rule set, but despite it's popularity it's player base currently is a shell of what it was in its prime.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  18. Aiona Augur

Actually, I am looking at the bonuses all the way up through PoP and we are getting the exact bonuses we can use when we need them most.

One could argue whether we need them in the first place, but that's like saying why would I want 200% EXP when I'm leveling just fine with 100%, or whatever arbitrary numbers you want to throw in there.

You obviously don't and that's fine. Some of us welcome the bonuses. You're free to give you feedback one way or another if you care... oh wait, why are you posting if you don't care?
  19. Lejaun Augur

Have you ever played Everquest? Most people have multiple characters on the same account, in addition to other accounts.

Kite tagging exploits? Have you heard anything about KSing that takes place now? Griefers will continue to grief. It's like putting a lock on a bike. It keeps the honest people honest. The real thieves will still cut through the lock, but not as many people overall will try to steal the bike.

This ruleset allows Mischief to still do it's thing. A clone would have split the population on Mischief. It would have annihilated Yelinak's population. This ruleset is close enough to Yelinak but still different enough where it allows the established Yelinak players to stay there and not feel like they missed out on much, but still give a new look for those who want to play on a new TLP.
    Kukaw, Aiona, Zrender and 2 others like this.
  20. Draelic New Member

For FTE to work, it needs scope limit to named mobs. I see no design reason for EVERY mob to have an FTE lock. It does make sense in terms of named mobs. This pretty much alleviates 95% of issues i've seen brought up on forums with FTE so far.

The argument about someone FTE locking your named first is kind of irrelevant when you have 6 box armies out dps'ing you anyways.

FTE races are fun.