Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Crabman Augur

its the griefing that can now go on that gets me. if i wanted to i can take a level 30 anything, go engage "a grizzly bear" and leave my computer afk for the next 2 months, and no one will get jboots for all of classic.

i could do the same at pained soul so no one steps foot in VP, I can do the same in tov so no OW vulak ever spawns, quillmane PH so no mage epics, the list goes on...
  2. Aiona Augur

I never will, and I hope to god they don't revert that rule.

DPS racing for mobs is so 1999. It needs to die a permanent death.
    Fallfyres, Zrender and Faydra like this.
  3. Appren Gnomercy

I'm a bit torn between being sad that this server ruleset is so awful, or happy beacuse this means Mischief will prosper.
  4. Aiona Augur

If you are going up against the fastest gun in the west, and your couch potatoes can't sling faster than them... YOU LOSE!

Tough potatoes.

It's better than the old 1999 rule by far.

You are all free to not roll on my server.

Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye
    Fallfyres likes this.
  5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

That's why the ZEM doesn't need to be zero'd, it needs to be inversely proportional to the desirability of various zones.

If it is flat => difficulty of mobs + ease of access + how good is the loot
    If it is proportional => Difficulty of mobs + ease of access + how good is the loot + how good is the XP per kill/ XP over time.

Every aspect needs weight to to, to draw players. Most players go somewhere for one of three reasons:
    XP
    Loot/quest
    Progression

Long ago, they had lower XP on outside zones, because dungeons were more difficult to navigate.
    They also had more XP from non-loot dropping NPCs (no gold sellables, etc..) vs loot dropping NPC's.

The concept is similar here, and the ZEM's can be adjusted to spread out what is "best." They can be tweaked based on popularity or forming a single leveling path, to make other options more desirable or at least equal.

They can also that the data and put in a rotation. Not one that resets like Teek, but various there are enough zones to get a constantly rotating "best" ZEM per level cycle going.
  6. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Unlike other aspects of the game. This is VERY easy to add in and the effects are already known due to its longevity with EQ2.
    Fallfyres and Zrender like this.
  7. Scruff Elder

botters become functionally untouchable since you can no longer "ask them to leave" :D
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Kunfo Augur

It's also so 2023, and every year in between.
    Thatoneguy666 likes this.
  9. Sakuraba Augur

I mentioned this in another topic, but yeah this would have been much better tested on Live. On Vox, Bristle, or FV specifically where more people might have multiple capped toons on one account. The reason it works great in EQ2 is that you are likely to finish capping in 24 hours even if you're a more casual player, and thus you have a lot more time for alts if you're not in the raid game. Usually 1-3 years between level cap raises too so another reason.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  10. Makin Apprentice

This is exactly the kind of behavior I thought of when i first read the FTE rules. There will always be someone who looks at a mechanic and think of the best way to exploit the hell out of it for personal gain. If you give a greedy minded person an inch they will use it to make the game unplayable for everyone else. And I don't put the blame entirely on players like Toxicsmell for thinking this.
  11. Phire Journeyman

Healers would not just avoid agro, but AoE's too most likely. Some manadrain/silence encounters would be trivial.
  12. Jedis Arch Mage

Not really. The best way to combat that is to limit the amount of krono that can be traded in a 24 hour period to 1 per account on new TLPs. If people can't pay with krono for the services, it will effectively put them out of business.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

lol
  14. Phire Journeyman

Yeah, all....3?....DMs for the entire game can enforce this so well....
  15. Kunfo Augur

It's no use giving feedback at this point, the dev who came up with this idea obviously doesn't play the game.
  16. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

That and they already have a similar paid version via perks and the RaF version. This would just be another variable added to the account from 0-X where X is the number of maxed characters to receive the max bonus and 0 being.. well... 0.
  17. Aiona Augur

I like gravy on my potatoes.
  18. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Don't forget "responsive"

They'll enforce it right about next expansion, once, and "suspend" players for a few days. (maybe)
  19. Laronk Augur

But this is also something super easy to test in their dev environment, they shouldn't need too much testing for this feature. I'm sure the feature where the mob locks to the group should get some testing by real players so we can be creative and see the different ways they might need to adjust it but I guess we'll probably get to test it in action in may.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Lol so mobs getting snared to split from a pack warp back and resets while waiting for the other mobs to reset or be killed. :rolleyes:

Enchanters life will be a nightmare with that and mem wipes