Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Runes Augur

Locking mobs is a horrible idea so now a bard or puller will just run to all camps collect mobs and take over zones and pull everything form everywhere and you cant defend yourself? I know ksing is a thing but at least you could fight for mobs, now you have no way to defend your camp, especially if you dont have an aoe or fast cast. I guess chanters with tash and other instant cast classes will monopolize every camp.
    Siah likes this.
  2. Siah Elder

Or make a bunch of level 50 bards, agro the whole zone and go afk. Rofl
  3. Sweetkisses New Member

It’s unlikely that FTE will be “on aggro” but more likely will be on first damage. I’m curious about how it’s gonna be implemented but that would fix this specific situation.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Jontrann Augur

#1: Remove encounter unlocking because thats going to be a buggy exploitable mess.
    #2: Merge all of those "expansion unlock perks" and have all of them there at the start
    #3: Add free trade and random loot

There fixed the server for you.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

@ Devs-

If you are going to encounter lock, shouldn't mobs also have a leash radius like WoW does? mobs will not chase you forever in WoW, they get to the edge of their spot and break off and go home.

The one really major function of Encounter locking is derailing trains, if and only if trained mobs will NOT agro anyone else. If mobs are trained and CAN harm players, then they're now defenseless to cast oon them because the trainer player has a lock?
    Zrender likes this.
  6. Larsen Augur

For being what they call "truly experimental," it just doesn't seem like it'll have any real impact. This is 98% a carbon-copy TLP with a little bit of something sprinkled on top, none of which will seriously affect anything. The game will play the exact same way and none of it is really worth caring about. Without any meaningful changes, it will die out towards the end of PoP, as all the standard TLPs have, and then the real expansion-based modifiers will be pointless. Who's gonna care about a 200% faction modifier in Dragons of Norrath when nobody plays on a practically vanilla TLP by that point? The only thing that might have a slight impact on anything is the 125% loot modifier in Kunark, and since most people don't even bother to raid VP in Kunark, it'll be minimal. You'll get an extra bp off Trak once a month on average and that's just about it. How exciting. Very experimental.

I guess the 100 people on the server who are actually competing for OW raid content will care about Encounter Locking, but that's it. It will make no real difference to the vast majority of players. Nobody rerolls enough times on TLPs for the experience boost to matter, there's no time for that with two months per expansion.
  7. Heirauz Journeyman

Yeah FT would really make this an A+ server, random loot would be cool as well but not necessary.
    Faydra and Khanfu like this.
  8. Domniatric Augur

Good IMO. Earn it legitimately and shut down people who offer these services for Krono.
    Fallfyres and Zrender like this.
  9. Pops Racer Olde Faht

Uber, you know 6439 of those was Waring_Mc checking back to see if anyone replied to him ;)
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

personal loot suxors. In WoW too. Cannot give unneeded drops to other groupmember who helped kill is weak.
  11. BigBlahformebro Apprentice

They have zero data to back this, and have failed. No one, and I mean no one has suggested this server, so not only did they not cater to one side or the other they literally catered to no one. This server will be dead faster than Vaniki. No one cares about XP boost, its absolutely worthless. Why in the world would anyone want to make a second character when it's going to be hard enough to make a first character. There was 100s if not 1000s of suggestions that would have been cool concepts, and they go and create the worst TLP idea in the history of TLP ideas. Whoever suggested this server needs to be fired immediately, and black balled from all MMOs until the end of time.
  12. Pappasalt Augur

There's contested content worth doing in eq?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  13. code-zero Augur

I am beginning to be amused by the people who think that this will lead to more KS (which isn't a thing in a DPS race world) or that you need a bard to drag a train around.

Any character can tow a kite around the zone
    Fallfyres, Schwifty and Zrender like this.
  14. Bananabread Apprentice

Aren’t you concerned with how this can be exploited to ruin the game?
    Siah and Crabman like this.
  15. Sweetkisses New Member

If it locks on damage the shaman may still be able to pull with slow and torpor.

And damage shields didn’t factor as “anyone’s” damage previously which is why you had to deal at least 1 pt of damage to the mobs or lose the exp/loot.

If you walked up as a Druid with a damage shield on and did nothing as some groups mob spawned and picked you to hit first and it locked it that would kinda suck. It seems like the lock should be something you’d have to take an intentional action for.

It’s possible mobs being aggro and hitting a DS may not be enough to induce a lock, but I’d love to see the clarification on this.
  16. Scruff Elder

consider that feign death, memblur, evac and other aggro dumps exist in this game and reconsider how much easier this makes it to specifically target-train groups or individuals
    this is just going to make life easier for those who participated in abuse and worse for those who receive it
    Siah likes this.
  17. Riou EQResource

It's an experiment, not a guarantee
    Rijacki and Zrender like this.
  18. Domniatric Augur

I am not jumping to the immediate conclusion that it will. Or, that they haven't considered any of these scenarios or, wouldn't take appropriate measures to fix/stop them.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  19. Critt Augur

Pathetic? I like to think of it as realistic because I don't know where you have been spending your time but I have yet to meet the MMO that doesn't have this type of toxic player...
  20. Elabone Augur

The only time I have 2 characters on the same account is when GoD hits and I replace my Rogue with a Berserker.