Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Jasper Wiz Journeyman

Can't see any reason to play this, without free trade. Not sure I even like the idea of encounter locking either. Feels like a Care Bear server. Unlock times are brutal more of the same too. 12 weeks of PoP again? Kill me now.
    Lexx42 likes this.
  2. code-zero Augur

Starting to sound like a lot of people actually prefer DPS racing now
    Fallfyres, Schwifty and Ruhi like this.
  3. Gheed Is not reading your response

I would say that is true.

At least with DPS race if someone wants to steal mobs I have been spawning/camping they need to put some effort in. Now they just walk up, press an instaclick before me and take 10 minutes to solo it.
  4. Ecko Elder

Please, no truebox. I'll slip you 2cp to remove it!
    Hdizzle likes this.
  5. Klucifer Lorekeeper

You would need like 30 weeks of pop to get your gear on a non-free trade server -- but you'll have time to level up those alts that can't raid because AOC lock outs are account based :)
    Wordor, Lexx42, Critt and 3 others like this.
  6. Allizarx Journeyman

What is the point of a legacy character if Agent of Change lockouts are account wide?
    Faydra, Critt, Klucifer and 2 others like this.
  7. Gheed Is not reading your response

They don't know.
    topple and rogueling like this.
  8. Ishbu Augur

The new TLP coming in May is just a server option to appear to the more casual side of gamers without stepping too much on Mischiefs rules and allow that server to continue on.

Accept it for it is.
    Fallfyres and Tucoh like this.
  9. uberkingkong Augur

NPC lock?
    So your telling me if someone hits Ancient Cyclopes first thats their mob?
    Outrageous
    So your telling me if I have a big PL group, in Sol B, I can't have someone outside the group do things like mass mez?
    Outrageous!

What an outrage!
    Fallfyres likes this.
  10. topple good idea generator

You doof! P99 players won't play this! The faction gains will be too wild come Velious.
  11. Crabman Augur

yup those are the only 2 things effected by this change. good list.
    Gheed likes this.
  12. code-zero Augur

I do not want this coming to any other server. The Legacy XP thing might be cool but encounter locking isn't EQ
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You don't need to have every alt in best in slot items to take advantage of the experience bonus.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  14. Khanfu Elder

Without Random and FT I cant see myself even starting a character. They had to have thought of this.
    Lexx42 and Thatoneguy666 like this.
  15. DosPanchos New Member

What creative ideas do you have that the devs can ignore?

Please, don't post about PvP so we actually get it.
    Magician9001 and Gheed like this.
  16. Tucoh Augur

Teeks is cool, it just isn't significant enough. The XP bonus is like, 20%? It changes every... year? Or something? The quest rewards are OK when I was a peasant and irrelevant now. It maxes out at level 95, so it hasn't been relevant for high levels in a decade or something.

Instead it should change every 3-7 days, be expanded to max level, provide double XP and provide a daily quest that is relevant to nearly all players (Ex: group currency, plat, XP, even tie in with Overseer rewards).
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  17. Bananabread Apprentice

This needs to go. I’m ok with gimmicks on the TLPs like mischief or the progressive stuff you have in this new one. What I am not ok with is the change of the I guess you could say “rules” of EQ by adding FTE. That is not EverQuest and was never how it was intended to be.

Gotta make some noise like the EQ2 people did and get this garbage taken out.
    wade_watts and Thatoneguy666 like this.
  18. Allizarx Journeyman

Take advantage of the experience bonus...to do what? Forage? Why make another character that will be locked out of all raids. Group content dries up quickly.
  19. weewooweewoo Journeyman

If this FTE stuff is going to be the new norm going forward I think I'm pretty much done with EQ. If it was just this one server this one time okay, but they want to bleed this over to live servers and then make it a thing on every new tlp going forward?

The idea just sounds awful for EQ, sure Dps races can be annoying but they are not the only reason the why being able to attack mobs someone else is killing happens.

I often times Power level alts by killing mobs that are 45% or lower, Not happening now. I help random people that are about to die by CCing or finishing a mob they are having trouble with, not happening now. You pretty much have to have heals to be able to help someone not in your group, now as a pure dps you have 0 way of helping anyone other than joining their group.

It all just seems lame, not to mention the new chances to troll people by throw stoning mobs they want to kill and just kiting it for X amount of time.
    Scruff, Runes, wade_watts and 4 others like this.
  20. Grummle Journeyman

some folks do not have a current server. And likely still wont with this ruleset.