NOS Visible Armor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flatchy, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

It has been more than a few months since the start of this expansion. I have been able to finish all my progression and hunters , and yet I have gotten only 2 items of visible armor. I do the mission When one Door Closes, pretty much at least 4 times a week as well and do not think I have ever seen an item of armor drop from it other than the T2 ones. Usually by this time I have my 3 box mains geared and am working on alts for the rest of the year.

Is there some secret I am missing? Someone said kill Arly in Pelluci caverns so I have been down there. out of 3 days and probably 12 kills I finally did get a pair of boots out of it. Is it certain mobs that drop the visible or certain missions?

A finger in the right direction (even the middle one) would be appreciated.
    Quatr and Metanis like this.
  2. Windance Augur

I think you need to do all the missions to have any real chance of getting enough TS drops.

I think they should put the TS drops on the group coin vender like they do for raids. At least then we'd be able to buy the slots we need after doing the missions 100+ times.
    Warpeace likes this.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Someone though this would be better for the players.

Not a good model to ever reconsider.
  4. Ismel Augur

When one Door Closes, mission do not drop TS armor only none vis stuff, you need to do Under siege mission if you want armor drops, and Mean street mission for TS augs.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

So there are no reliable nameds for those drops. Wonderful well tbh there has not been a named I have not been able to handle in T2 armor so maybe next year...
  6. Kalamos Augur

Similar to visibles only dropping in the Under Siege mission chest, visible pieces only drop from specific named. The drop rate is too low in my personal opinion, but they do drop. I would suggest Igneous Insect or Eelworm. Arly Golyeck in PC is a solid option too. Good luck!
  7. Ismel Augur

its split up some named can drop armor, some can drop none vis, others drop ts augs or weapon slots.

Check Magelo for the item you want it wont be a perfect list but it will usually give you a hand full of options for npc that can drop it, honestly if you plan on leveling the evolving cloak as long as you focus on phs for items you need you will most likely get them well before you finish cloak, but I did do both under siege and door mission every day so that helped quite a bit too.

I think your main problem is you got stuck doing the easy mission and not much else, and it is very tempting I agree, but it will leave you with some drops missing this year at least.

By much I mean the other 3 missions =)
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Under Siege for the visibles.
    Door for the non-vis.
    Mean Streets for the augs.
    Spirit Fades for the weapons/shields.

Arly in PD is probably the easiest named to farm for visible armor drops. Safe camp, easy pulls, tank and spank named. The only issue, at least on Drinal, is that he's pretty much permacamped, with at least 3 or 4 campfires down at his room.
    Barraind likes this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sorry, a bit confused. Are we talking about Faded Ascending armor? Those are all visibles, and seem to be dropping enough to have a lot offered fairly cheaply in Bazaar. If not those, what visibles are being referenced here?
  10. Zarkdon Augur

They are talking about the apparitional drops.

I've really like the new model for raid drops, but limiting the group gear to certain missions is rough. It can be hard to find pickup groups for the missions and a lot of casual guilds don't have the tanks for mean streets and darklight.
    Tatanka likes this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Pretty sure everyone is referring to the tradeskill gear (at least I was) and the otherworldly drops that you use to make the armor.

Yeah, the T1 and T2 stuff drop like candy, but if you're already in T3 from the previous expansion, those are garbage upgrades and not worth spending the plat on. Good for alts, but not for main toons.
    Tatanka likes this.
  12. Laronk Augur

I stopped playing live till next expansion, I didn't like the gearing this expansion. I would rather have a super hard encounter that I can't beat (but other better people can beat, something that can be won) then to have to attend with super rare drops.

I can get super rare drops for a cool quest item or to make an evolving item better but give us a path or just don't do 3 tiers of gear.
    Fian, Moege and FYAD like this.
  13. FYAD Augur

^^ agreed. Have a non-prestige, attunable T1 set and a prestige, no-drop tradeskill T2 set with acceptable drop rates and call it a day.
    Moege and Fenthen like this.
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

A month after posting this I am finished on my visibles and made a dent in my two box alts. Arly in Paladul does seem to be about the best option out there. Sunday in my 2 and ahalf hour play time I got him to pop 8 times and the first 6 times he had armor. I even called out some rot armor from him. That is rare as hens teeth to happen though. I usually see him maybe 2 to 3 times in that amount of time.
    Vahlkemp is also a good option for armor in that zone.

Chest and wrist seem to be the hardest two to get , probably just what I have seen but my two alts are missing those so far.
  15. Razorfall Augur

Not only that, but it's a good camp to level up the cloak since they are white/yellow t2 mobs that don't have a ton of hp.

It's pretty much permacamped by bot groups on my server. Same with Diabo Xi Vesta(?) in Firefall
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You take that back!
  17. Xellen Lorekeeper

This will show you which camps drop armor pieces. The description has all the named in each zone that will drop armor pieces.

Like most everyone in game I finished the expansion and still do not have a complete set. I check spawns after each patch now but I have given up on completing the set. I lack legs, which apparently is the most rare of the pieces to drop.

18. Flatchy Court Jester

Nah gotta be wrists and chest. Ive called legs out rotting.
  19. Shredd Augur

Just raid
  20. Sissruukk Rogue One

I don't know, I am on the fence about the ways ores are done now. Sure, having ore bricks makes things simpler as far as drops are concerned (every chest was guaranteed to have ore bricks), this different system makes doling ores out a bit better. Our guild has a list of who gets what "ore" drops, so different classes are on the list for what is best for them. The only issue is that there is no guarantee of an "ore" drop, or a guarantee of what kind of "ore" is dropped. If the randomness were taken out, meaning that if a certain raid dropped certain "ores" consistently then this would be less of a headache than it is.