New TLP ruleset - Krono are NO TRADE.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

???

On the krono page itself one of the very first things is it lists them as fully tradable and saleable.

https://www.everquest.com/krono

It even goes into more details about how they can be traded.

code-zero likes this.
  2. filthytlpplayer Elder

I missed those bullet points, and I understand your interpretation now that fully tradable implies every server. For me its still a little bit vague, but I get where you're coming from.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It does more then just imply every server as it would not be fully tradeable if there was a server it wasn't tradable on.
    Crabman likes this.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

I've never traded krono across games so I'm not sure what to expect but this would imply there is 2 versions of krono? 1 tradeable across all games and then another that has already been traded and is restricted to just that game now? Or did they just never implement this "feature".
  5. Kahna Augur

Krono are fully transferable across games, even if they have been on the broker. I have many krono from EQ2 that I purchased on the broker and I can access those krono on EQ1 easypeasy. Works the other way round too.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Thats what I figured, odd that they mentioned it was intended to be otherwise lol
  7. Lejaun Augur

How a non-tradeable krono server would work.
    Player 1: "WTS Item X, 1 krono"
    Player 2: "I'll buy it."
    Player 1: "OK, log onto this (different) server. Character's name is Abc. After payment we'll trade Item X here."
    Player 2: "OK!"
    Player 1: (after trade on different server). Thanks, see you back on original server.
    2 hours later, Player 2: "Has anyone seen Player 1? I traded them a krono but they haven't given me my Item X yet."

GMs looking at petition inbox: "Jeebus, it's worse than ever. Now there are hundreds of "I didn't get my item" petitions!"
  8. Crackers Augur

So tired of this specific idea. Krono were created with the intent they were traded. Give it a rest already.
  9. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I can sympathize with the OP trying to think of a solution to get rid of krono farmers on TLP servers.. They really just make the game not worth playing anymore for me personally.. I think a better solution would be to limit the number of kronos people can have on their account after a specific date to give people a chance to move excess kronos and to drive future sales of more kronos.. 10 krono would be a reasonable amount to limit people too imo.. and it would lock the people with 1000's of kronos into keeping them on their account, you wouldnt be allowed to trade a krono until your total is below 10 by consuming them.

I dont think this idea is a good solution to the problem, just a better one then the OPs with less holes..
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

People will just make free accounts and move them around that way, it won't change anything.
  11. Appren Gnomercy

Because that would be a great solution that give awesome PR on the net, not to mention legal issues, "oh we just stole thousands of dollars worth of currency from our players, so what?"

Some of the "suggestions" on this forum...I just cannot fathom the sheer...nevermind
  12. FranktheBank Augur

How much thought did you put into this idea before posting it? It's seems like very little. Not only does it limit people from spending more than 10kr on an item (unless they want to trade over multiple characters and potentially get scammed). It also hurts non-krono farmers farm more than krono farmers. To you 10kr might seem like an insane amount, but its really nothing if you've played on a TLP, especially at launch.
  13. Dumb New TLP Ideas New Member

Yeah this seems like a great idea because there was no RMT or selling of plat before kronos were introduced....

Literally it will be the exact same as any other server other than people will just RMT plat instead of krono, and for krono trades it will just be done on a different server.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. zurgar Journeyman

Or just flag accounts as power leveled. So if an account sat, never attacked or ever casted a spell there name would be in pink. When that happens they are unable to join a guild or even accept a raid invite. This would stop rmt for accounts atleast. The only problem with stuff like this is this is a unique problem with the true box community. If you guys would pay Kronos for items and pl this wouldn't be a problem on your servers.
  15. Lejaun Augur

That wouldn't change a thing. Most TLP guilds don't care and have a ton of PL'd characters in it. Successful TLP guilds are the ones that can keep a high population. They also don't want to wait for you to get your beast / zerker up. They'd rather you have your box cleric/bard and new zerker and beast up to max level with a chunk of AA's whether you grouped to get it or got powerleveled.

Some would do it just for the unique gamertag color. If it ever became taboo, the PLers would just hit autoattack and cast some spells occasionally.
  16. zurgar Journeyman

Then the problem will never be fixed so trueboxers need to just deal with like they have. No more complaining. You can't be against Kronos used as a currency then turn a blind eye when your guild members are using Kronos to level there boxes just to beef up raid numbers.
  17. Lejaun Augur

I'm not against krono used as a currency, though. I think krono are a major reason why DPG continues to pull a good profit with Everquest and lets us enjoy this wonderful game.
  18. Appren Gnomercy

There isn't a "problem with the truebox community", these are just silly ideas by a handful of P99 wannabees.
  19. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

about 10 mins worth of time.. and i said at the end it was a bad idea.. just a better one then OPs..
  20. coltongrundy Augur

For the billionth time: kronos are account wide across ALL daybreak games. It's impossible to make them no trade. The entire purpose of krono is to have a tradeable way to subscribe to the game (at least on paper, we all know the true purpose is money laundering.)