New TLP ruleset - Krono are NO TRADE.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Feb 26, 2023.

1. GugokSkulkraker Lorekeeper

This will never happen because it does not make the company money. It seems great and all but this is still a business and they aren't going to kill the cash cow of Kronos.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Please go learn how Krono work before making these threads :(.
    code-zero, Appren and Tweakfour17 like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Krono are advertised with the ability to trade them to others and they are more expensive then a normal subscription. Making them no trade defeats their entire purpose.
    code-zero and Tweakfour17 like this.
  4. kyong Augur

How about one trade allowed then becomes no drop?
  5. filthytlpplayer Elder

I agree, they'd be pointless on a server with no trade krono. That's kind of the point of the idea as I'm understanding it. That's also why I understand it won't happen, because it will eliminate that revenue stream from such a server. It would essentially be the same thing as RAF bonus xp. That was advertised as an XP boost on any server as long as you were with your boxes friends. That was deemed too powerful of a bonus for a fresh progression server launch, so it's been disabled on all of the most recent TLP servers. Krono falls into the same category and same impact on the server, except daybreak makes money off of it.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Except that people would just move to trade them on other servers or go back to third party websites like they did before RMT. Just making krono no trade on that server isn't going to solve the problem and it will make it more likely for players to get scammed which is likely one of the reasons for adding krono in the first place.

And when you consider that they advertise krono as being usable and tradeable on all servers for the subscription that would violate the agreement they are sold under.
  7. filthytlpplayer Elder

Show me where they guarantee that kronos are tradable on every server, a screenshot or a link will be fine. I just had a look through the krono FAQ and saw nothing implying this. Nothing would prevent someone from redeeming a no trade krono for sub time.

And just an FYI, krono hasn't solved the RMT problem. People play on mischief for example with the sole purpose of RMTing raid loot (bypassing krono), they've been operating for the life of the server without interference from daybreak. Not to mention the account sales and after-market krono sales.
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

This bit doesn't matter at all, because they have a clause that exonerates them allowing to make any changes at any time to anything.

People could complain, DBG could get backlash for an unpopular change.. but if they decided to wipe every persons character(s) and all claims, all bonuses applied to the accounts over the years.. just totally nuclear option and reboot from nothing.. they can. There may be a few extra strings when it comes to Krono and (purchased) DBC, but they definitely can wipe the slate clean if they wanted to.

The whole premise of OP's thread is just absurd because it does absolutely nothing except prevent an action on a single server, and that action can still be performed without difficulty or rule breaking.
    Appren and Tweakfour17 like this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The fact that krono are advertised as tradable and usable on every server for the games they support? And krono was never intended to stop RMT it was just an alternative to what people had been doing since the game launched.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't think a court of law would agree with that statement.
  11. filthytlpplayer Elder

You saying that doesn't make it true. If that's how they're advertised surely there's some ad copy out there that you can use as evidence right? Provide a link to that ad copy as evidence of that statement. If I'm wrong, great, that's how it's advertised. My suspicion is that that ad copy doesn't actually exist and you're making that up to provide superfluous reasons as to why they won't disable krono. All you have to say is that it would affect revenue too much for this to be viable, no other reasons are accurate or necessary.
  12. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I mean.. it isn't that hard: https://www.everquest.com/krono
    What are Krono?
    Krono are in-game objects that can be redeemed for 30 days of membership time. They are sold in the marketplace for real money only, or they may be purchased from other players via the broker or private trade for in-game currency.
    What can you do with them?
    You can buy them from DGC using real money, buy them from other players using in-game currency, gift them, sell them to other players for in-game currency, trade them to other players for other in-game items, and consume them. If you consume a Krono, it is removed from your inventory and 30 days of game membership time is added to the account associated with the character that consumed it.
    How can I acquire them?
    You can buy a new Krono from DGC for US $17.99 or less. Players can also gift Krono to other players, trade them, and sell them for in-game currency.

Can I trade them between characters?
    Yes, they may be transferred and traded between characters using the trading window, shared bank slots, in-game bazaar, and in-game parcel NPCs.

Are Krono transferable between games?
    Only until the Krono is traded or consumed. For example, when you first purchase a Krono from DGC, you will be able to see that Krono from any character in any Krono-supporting game on the same account. However, once you place a Krono on the Broker or trade or sell it to another player within a game, the Krono enters that game permanently and cannot be moved to a different game. When your character consumes a Krono, the Krono will be removed from the game and you will get 30 days of game time for that game (or 30 days of All Access time if you are an All Access member).
  13. filthytlpplayer Elder

I've read that. Where does it say that its tradable on every server?
  14. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

15. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

You're just trying to get into semantics because the word "server" doesn't exist. In the same line of argument, your assertion cannot be proven because it does not specifically exclude any servers.

The phrase "any Krono-suppoting game" would, by default, include all servers within said game that supports Krono.

Even still, the tradability of Krono holds no bearing, as the Krono is applied to the account, not the server. Thus, even if OP's idea was somehow put into place, the trades would still go on. The trade of the Krono would occur on a live server, the trade of plat/items on the TLP. The krono still get added to the account.

The whole concept of just making a Krono "No Trade" on a single server is absurdity.
    Appren likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What evidence do you have to support the claim that them advertising them as tradable on every server

for use of claiming for a subscription means they can make them non tradeable on a server?
  17. filthytlpplayer Elder

It's the exact same scenario as RAF bonuses. They applied by default to every server... until they didn't when they launched servers with specific rules disabling those bonuses. There's nothing that would prevent daybreak from doing making krono no trade if they were motivated to do it in some way.

Whether or not making them no trade would be effective would rely entirely on the server population. I agree that it's unlikely that no trade krono would have the intended effect, because people wouldn't reject cross server trading as a standard practice, and player buy in to the concept would be required. TLP from the player perspective is largely about amassing krono wealth to extract to other servers in the "off season" and paying other people to play the game for them.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

None of those types of changes is remotely the same as them advertising a product that can be used and traded on any server and changing the advertised features on a specific server. The only way this would work is if they made a krono 2.0 that was advertised as possibly not tradeable on certain servers.

People purchase krono for the sole purpose of trading them on any server that they happen to play on.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The recruit a friend program lasted under a year and ended over a decade ago and from I remember the rules changed after they ended the program.

As for your server suggestion it has been mentioned many times that people will still deal in krono on that server it just will happen in a trade on another server. Making krono no trade will do nothing to stop RMT as krono is not required for it in the first place.
  20. filthytlpplayer Elder

By not explicitly saying "these things are tradable on every existing everquest game server at the time of writing and will be tradable on every future everquest game server" daybreak is free to make them non tradable on any server as they see fit. There is no evidence to support that, just common-sense reasoning. They probably have something in their terms and conditions allowing them to alter whatever they want to as they see fit. I don't read that stuff though, I just hit accept.