Classic start FV LOOT PVP TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boogatti, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Burdi Augur

True hardcore server, with permanent deaths!
  2. Arclyte Augur

be free young potato, it will never happen
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  3. Ruban New Member

I think the tlp format would lend itself really well to pvp. The instances mean that smaller guilds can raid in peace alone without griefers and the open world show would be rendered interesting again. I’d also like to see the krono kings hold down freeti alone with a couple of boxes.
  4. Thewiz Augur

Man, are we back here again? There will NEVER be a PvP TLP server. Jeesh.
    Tweakfour17 and Ruban like this.
  5. Ruban New Member

Probably not, but it d be fun if they did.
  6. code-zero Augur

perma death with perma ban with all associated accounts banned as well and permanent IP block and ban on associated credit cards, email and phone number. 2 Factor authentication required on login as well. Lifetime subscription paid up front too.
  7. Tanar Lorekeeper

PvP!! Free trade! Yes dude!!
  8. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Everquest is a group game. Balance comes from your group composition.
    Tanar likes this.
  9. Tanar Lorekeeper

PvP is a lot more fun than people who have never played it in EverQuest know.
  10. filthytlpplayer Elder

Zek server population history says otherwise. If it was fun it would be a higher population server because people would be there playing. It never gets above low and probably never will.
  11. RABKkehhalla Elder

That's more of a combination of getting people to play live EQ without a zerg guild to carry them.
  12. filthytlpplayer Elder

PvP in EQ has always been at best an afterthought, and it shows in how the majority of players have played the game for the last 20+ years. It was intentionally designed as a PvE game as a point of differentiation from Ultima Online.

Smedley originally wanted PvP, Brad didn't.

It would be cool if PvP was a bigger part of EQ, especially with the emphasis on PvP in the genre nowadays. But it's not, it was never designed to be a big part of the game, and it's not surprising that with a limited set of new TLP launches per year they dont include it. I like PvP too, but I like it in PvP oriented games.

Source: EverQuest focused on co-op play to counter Ultima Online's rampant PVP | Shacknews
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Tyranthraxus Grognard

A better option for the PvP crowd, might be asking to remove the negative effects of pvp, allowing you to function in a normal setting with non pvp players. If they can get that done, then make a public push to get all the folks interested in PvP to go red on one of the new tlp's.
  14. Shakara Augur

I will play
  15. Lejaun Augur

Cool. PVP server population after six months will now be up to 2 subscribers.
    Appren likes this.
  16. Ruban New Member

Same could be said for a lot of the other suggested server ideas people pull out of their . I think there is an audience for a pvp server… but really if there isnt they Can just wipe it and relaunch as one of the previous blue servers they ve already got made. So there really isnt that much lost in giving it a shot.

With instances you Can still raid on a pvp server without being interupted or indeed massacred by that one power guild there always are on any servers. But you and your mates can physically remove that kronofarmer that has been sitting in freeti for 15 hours with 3 bots insta-killing it.
  17. Arclyte Augur

how out of touch do you have to be to suggest an EQ pvp server?

are you the type of guy that has to touch the stove to know it's hot?
    Thewiz, Skuz and Appren like this.
  18. Ruban New Member

You seem angry that someone else like to have fun in a different way from you, upset it might not be as easy to farm krono on a server that probably never will come to exist?
  19. Stagentti Augur

You have to be able to level and get enough AAs to do those "safe" raids. Instances aren't going to keep you from getting massacred or interrupted.

Same with getting most epic camps, key camps, etc.
  20. Stagentti Augur

How many people that are saying a PVP TLP would be great and balanced have ever PVP'd in modern EQ with all the QoL and class changes?

Based upon Zek's population: very little.

A lot has changed since the early 2000s.