Adv Perk - how to purchase?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Saxim, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Saxim Journeyman

2. CrazyLarth Augur

what do you see under Membership Plan
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408498927379-EQ-Perks-FAQs
    P.S they already said that

1. Will I be able to purchase Perks if I have a grandfathered 24 Month Membership plan
      • EverQuest Perks are not compatible with older 24 month recurring memberships. Players with this type of plan will need to re-subscribe to a newer plan to enjoy EverQuest Perks.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

4. Saxim Journeyman

So, my Merchant perk stopped working.

I already purchased a 12 month membership plan on 12/13/2022
    (Order Number: 2423712232)

When I go https://account.daybreakgames.com/authenticated/cam/subscriptionsInfo.action
    and click on the "Purchase Perks" button it brings me to:
    https://account.daybreakgames.com/authenticated/membership/selectMembership!input.action
    which does NOT give me an option to buy a perk WITHOUT buying another Membership Plan.

I would like to purchase the Merchant Perk, please help me give you money.

Thanks!
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Your links do not work for other people on the forums. If we are logged into the forums then your links will take us to our accounts.

For this you may want to contact one of the red names on the forums for help on how to clear this up. Perhaps Ratalthor who is mentioned as the contact in the link above in my post
  6. Saxim Journeyman

Thanks for the response. I understand that others cannot see what I see on those pages. I added them for clarity about what pages I was going to, in case there is some other pages to go to.

I have tried chrome, firefox, edge browsers.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

It won't charge for the membership plan. It simply requires that you pick a membership plan. If you have a yearly sub, it will calculate the perk cost for the entirety of the subscription and charge that much. Same goes for a monthly sub, 6-month sub, etc.. The Lifetime people may have other issues, but it is merely confusing how they set it up.

So just go in and pick the sub you want + the perk you ant and it will figure itself out.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

FAQ is here:
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408498927379
  9. Saxim Journeyman

10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

What you meant to say was thank you for the link but I checked that.
  11. Grove Augur

As I understand, purchase of perks requires nullifying any cost saving extended installment version of membership. Therefore, I do not do perks.
  12. Saxim Journeyman

That's what it looks like, but I just can't believe it. My mind hurts trying to justify why they would do that and who decided that was a good idea. I really hope that isn't the cast....
  13. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Because it isn't true.

$119.88 for a yearly sub
    $155.76 for a single perk

$119.88/12 months = $9.99/month
    $155.76/12 months = $12.98/month

$12.98/month - $9.99/month = $2.99/month

Activate 1 Perk for $2.99/mo, 2 Perks for $3.99/mo or all 3 Perks for $4.99/mo.

You don't loose any of the savings from having the longer sub. You do have to give up the 24-month sub, which is no longer an option. This is a very common business practice. They didn't have to grandfather in any of those subs and just had them phase out at the end of the existing subscription. I'm more surprised they haven't done that.
    1Month
    $14.99/mo.

3Months
    $12.99/mo.
    $38.97 billed every 3 months

6Months
    $11.99/mo.
    $71.94 billed every 6 months

12Months
    $9.99/mo.
    $119.88 billed every 12 months
  14. Soulbanshee Augur

Nope, they were like $99 for 24 months offered for a short period during an anniversary I believe. If you try to get a perk, you forfeit that plan.
  15. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

It was a plan offered by SOE back in 2002 through and is no longer an option to choose. The FAQ even states you have to pick an active subscription plan or have a lifetime account in order to have perks.

The prices have fluctuated over the years, starting at $9.89/month (hurr hurr 989 Studios) and peaking at $20 ($19.99?)/ month for single title access, or $30/month for Station Access during the time of Matrix Online, SWG, and Vanguard and back down to $14.99/month with All Access in 2014.

DBG dropped the rates down but removed the 24-month option but did not decrease the rate.
    The amounts below are USD.
    SUB. 2022 (Annual) 2005 2020
    1 Mo. 14.99(179.88) 14.99 14.99
    3 Mo. 38.97(155.88) 41.97 38.97
    6 Mo. 71.94(143.88) 77.94 71.94
    1 Yr. 119.88(119.88) 143.88 119.88
    2 Yr. 199.95(99.98) 199.95 199.95

So yeah, you'd get set back $19.91/year (or more) because you have to pick from the current available subscriptions.

Now, the kicker is that the 24-month subs were not meant to be recurring. Even the 1-year subs were not meant to be recurring. The fact that DBG grandfathered these in and honors them is above and beyond. They could have easily just stopped allowing 24-month subs to be renewed once the time ran out. I honestly believe that it will come down to that eventually, just to clear out the remaining plans. They were supposed to phase out completely with the 2014 merge to "All Access" after sunsetting a majority of SOE's titles, but it was decided to continue to assure and grandfather those subscription plans. Daybreak continued this after the acquisition.

This is, again, an extremely common business practice. If you recall Mobile/Cellular phone plans giving "unlimited data" for an extremely low rate, then changing the plan structure and denying those older plans access to newer connectivity features.

Instead of $35.88/year for a single perk, it effectively changes to $55.79/year but that is the cost of moving forward. The perks really aren't -that- good. I have a single perk on a single account, because of TLP time frames and equating to basically 1 more piece of raid gear before the next expansion. If not for that, I can't really see the value in them and I spent 22+ years in EQ not having them just fine.

Anyways, OP is saying they purchased a 12-month sub on 12/13/202.. So really, the 24-month sub portion is mostly irrelevant to the thread. OP simply needs to pick their Sub (12 month) + the perk, and they will be billed for the remaining time on that subscription (up to $35.88). I did this just a few months ago and got a nearly full charge on one account and like $1.59 on another account. then charged $155.76 when that other account renewed.