Tradeskill Depot & Bank

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Termination321, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Heimdall Elder

And again, the biggest problem with the Depot is that you can use it for Production but not Experimentation, meaning you either have to do wholesale TS Materials swaps, or have two sets of materials, or just not use the Depot, none of which are all that attractive. Without the ability to open the Depot and CTRL+Click into experimentation the Depot will fail.
    Lubianx, Vumad, Allayna and 2 others like this.
  2. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

it wont fail. it just wont be the most ideal. i'm personally just hauling enough out to do some experimentation and already hugely appreciate it for the convenience of my most often repeated crafted items.

would i love the other feature? yes.
    have i suggested it? yes of course.
    do i remain hopeful? yes.

but even if all those things never happen, it still wont fail.
    Brildon, Wdor, Aanuvane and 2 others like this.
  3. niente Developer

If you or anyone you know is losing items from the TS depot, please let us know the PC name and server name where items were lost.
    Wdor and adetia like this.
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

There's a button to open the TS depot from the workstations, they just need to activate the ability to withdraw from it.

I'm curious if that is not active, because they tied the deposit and withdraw code together somehow.. and they don't want people to have access to a 5000 slot "bag" that can hold 499,995,000 items, just because they have a sewing kit in inventory somewhere.
    klanderso and Rijacki like this.
  5. Heimdall Elder

Depends on your definition of fail. I would call Hero's Forge a failure. Sure a lot of people use it, but how many are expecting a new look to come along they'd switch to? Its not an ongoing feature. EQ has a long history of things that were added in a half complete state, not well received, then all but abandoned. DZ adventures became HAs outside of a few occurences here and there for example.
  6. Heimdall Elder

That's still not possible because you can only put certain items in the Depot. Stackable tradable Tradeskill flagged items. The Depot is a UI representation - at least to my mind - of the apprentices, household servants, dark elf slaves, troll snacks to-be, etc. you get for being a Hero of the World with your own castle etc. as well as being a master artisan etc. etc. The Depot are those assistants and menial laborers. As such perhaps it should only be the non-portable versions. That could also mean putting more Mixing Bowls etc in TS areas, or even better putting a button system atop the Oven/etc allowing you to select Oven/Mixing Bowl/Icecream Maker/whatever from the Oven/Forge/Whatever.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I would love having full access to consistently dump TS mats into a black hole, than to overfill my 40 slot TS bag and search around my inventory after going out adventuring. I don't believe that is desired by DPG.

In similar fashion to my curiosity about the depot's coding, I'm more positive that the TS containers with access to recipe lists share similar coding with each other and would need to splice in different code adding even more spaghetti to what's holding EQ together as is.
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

also another hidden feature - you can drop a bag on the depot and everything TS will go into the depot leaving the rest behind, for anyone that doesnt know.
    Wdor and Allayna like this.
  9. Heimdall Elder

To be honest, I would have enjoyed more "Bag of Holding" incorporated into the game. The Library could have been somewhat smaller, with far fewer floors if we were given Bag of Holding hand waving about why among other things. I would like to see more Magic implemented in settlements as another variation of science. As to the black hole from the bottom of The Hole dungeon - Its hard not to have 400ish bag slots right now at max'ish level. So that worry is unlikely to have much effect.
    Similar coding but not identical. The same coding that makes it so you can make this recipe in a New Tanaan Forge, but not a regular forge, or a Tier'dal Sewing Kit, but not the Guild Loom would likely allow the placed TS stations to have full access and the portable stations not. And maybe I'm wrong and they want the portables to have access because my imagination is not in alignment with theirs.
  10. Forum_Quester New Member

Done, and my items were restored relatively quickly on two servers. I'm still hesitant about dropping too much in there, but the fact that they were able to recover the items after a few days is reassuring.
    Rijacki, niente and klanderso like this.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

I was really excited about this feature until I read you cannot progress your TS exp while using it. Make it so you can please otherwise it sits MT.
    Wdor and alanus like this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I don't understand. What exactly can't progress?
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

You can't use the depot for experimenting (learning new recipes) at a tradeskill container. You have to go to a bank, take out the stuff you want to use, then go back to and open the container.

For full functionality, you should be able to open the depot and take stuff out at a tradeskill container, but you can't. Which is why the only thing the depot is good for right now is freeing up bag/bank space and keeping items you use a lot (like for making stat food or tradeskill gear).
  14. Allayna Augur

TS > 300.
  15. demi Augur

I think the main idea behind the TS depot was to free up bag/bank space .. nothing more .. if you still have to go to bank and pull out stuff from the depot to make stuff or whatever I feel that is good enough .. the depot itself will hold between 250 to 490 items depending on expansion you purchase while also being able to stack items that are usually not stackable past a certain point like a stack of 100 can now stack up to i think someone said 99k ? plus you can expand the base slots buy purchasing additional slots up to like 5k ? or something ridiculous ..

if all it does is free up some of my houses and the 12 TS bags I have in my bank then thats fine with me it will be well worth it .. if they improve it later on with more functionality GREAT!! ..
    Elyssanda and klanderso like this.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So here's a question that just occurred to me. Currently, TS depot can't support experimenting, so you have to go to the bank to take items out. I have no need/desire to use the personal TS depot, because I share mats on chars across multiple accounts. So, I'm waiting for the guild TS depot. Will that mean you have to be in the GH to access the depot and pull items out? At least with the personal depot, I can pop the vet reward banker in a pinch, if I'm not near the numerous bankers spread throughout the world. If the GH depot requires you to be in the GH to pull items out to experiment, that will put the stake in the whole shebang for me. They HAVE to figure this out.
  17. Alnitak Augur

I am a pack-rat and a tradeskiller. And I have Tradeskill Depots filled up to 250 items each on all 3 accounts I play and still have lots of materials in my tradeskill bags in banks.
    It's disorganized at this time, with many duplicates, and it's getting better whith the inventory getting sorted out and reorganized. It just takes time, which I have not commited to it yet.
    Meanwhile, most of my characters have 30-40-50 % of their bags now empty and available to fill with all that junk I pick up everywhere.
    And being unable to experiemnt with Tradeskill Depot items is not bothering me at all.
    I really appreciate the quality of life TD gave me.
    It's a major success from DPG!
  18. Meeko Developer(Code)

There's nothing inherently limiting someone from using the Tradeskill Depot while experimenting. You can have the bank window open (and thus be able to withdraw/deposit) at the same time you have open a tradeskill container. Put the tradeskill container as the first slot in your inventory, withdraw the item from your depot (it gets put in the first slot of your container) and then when you've got all the ingredients hit "Combine".

Even world containers can be used just by using the "Summon Clockwork Banker" AA which doesn't tick down in the zones that likely have the world containers.

Am I missing something with the experimentation worklfow that makes the above a major inconvenience?
  19. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Not being able to experiment with the trade depot is a pretty big deal. I hope this feature is added some day. Otherwise I just don't see myself buying too many extra depot slots, if any.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  20. MischiefTLP Augur

Clockwork Banker is tied to the Seeds of Destruction expansion, so it's rather inconvenient for another 39 weeks.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.