Triple exp week at Luclin's launch was... a bit over the top, to be honest

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by kengqvist1, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is pretty much impossible with how many TLP servers are unlocking expansions on different cycles.
    Nick Danger and Treiln like this.
  2. ikarinokamii Elder

this event was amazing. yelinak was packed. we had a full raid on agnarr. the vast majority of players clearly appreciated it.
    Nick Danger likes this.
  3. Treiln Augur

Nor do you have to partake in the bonuses in game if you feel like it'll take away from your enjoyment. See how that works?
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not that I agree with the complaint about the bonus but in this case it would mean not playing EQ for the entire bonus period when a new expansion just unlocked on a TLP server which isn't a good solution.
  5. Treiln Augur

Right, which is only a week out of how long? TLP's aren't anything new. People are rushing through it even without bonuses. Start an alt, take a break, look outside..

It's just the other side of the coin is all :)
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Missing a week when the next expansion unlocks a few months later is a significant portion of the time for the expansion. It isn't like missing a week of a year long expansion. Not to mention depending on how many people decide to skip the week it could prevent a guild from raiding at all during that time frame.
  7. Treiln Augur

Right....but how many guilds/people are actually struggling to keep up with expansion releases? No one...everything is on farm/casual mode the last few weeks anyway waiting for the next expansion to release.

Take a week break in the beginning, or take a week break at the end, the end result is still the same.
  8. Artroz New Member

We have this thread opposed to TLP bonuses. How many threads would there have been if the TLPs had been excluded from the celebration of smashing a community goal?

We all live in our own little world. There was no Luclin launch on my server, and the bonuses were great for catching up newer guildmates and getting raiders ready for a new expansion over the holidays.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How many would be struggling if people started taking your advice of not playing during a big bonus xp period and it was enough to impact raid attendance? And again, telling people the solution to a problem is not an actual solution at all. I do agree with you that it is silly to complain about something that most people are happy to have just saying that not playing is not the answer.
  10. Treiln Augur

None. Missing 1 weeks worth of raid when you spend the last 3 weeks of an expansion playing alts/farming doesn't hurt. Wait now, or wait later, it's all a hurry up and wait.

And the "don't play" wasn't meant as a generalization for everyone, since most people enjoyed it :)
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am sorry, but suggesting that someone not play isn't a valid answer and if there is one person complaining there are likely others complaining as well but we haven't heard it yet.

You could have suggested something as turning off AA xp and just max out normal your normal XP bar and ignoring the extra loot that drops. There are steps that can be taken to prevent from earning all the extra AA's during the bonus XP period.
  12. Treiln Augur

Ah I guess I didn't mention it - I thought I had, but I had "intended" to bring up the idea of playing an alt or going other routes to help slow themselves down as well
  13. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Extra Life with the help of EverQuest players made a life changing difference for kids who are hospitalized. If having 200% experience as a motivational funding goal was "over the top" then I'm fine with that.
  14. Machen New Member

I'm shocked, shocked that players want the game to be easier.
  15. Machen New Member

How about players give that same amount without getting anything in return?

It's not charity if you are buying something.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

A week long bonus as a promotion/reward for a successful charity drive is making the game easier?
  17. taliefer Augur

Did they remove the /alt off command in a patch or something?