Mercenaries Broken after Shrouding

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Nesalie, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Nesalie Lorekeeper

Today seems to be my day for bugs...

To preface: I am all access. My sub charged 2 days ago so it's a fresh one and not a case of final day limbo.

Shrouded to level 50, pulled out my merc to give an alt Temperance.
    Unshrouded
    Re-shrouded to level 5, dismissed the merc and tried to hire another. Couldn't.
    Unshrouded again, tried to hire a merc, said I had an active Mercenary Purchase
    Relogged
    Upon logging in received the message "You no longer meet the requirements for this mercenary!"
    Hit dismiss on a window showing no active mercenary, to try and swap mercs, it dismissed my non-active merc.
    Logged out to Desktop for an hour.
    Logged back in and got the same "You no longer meet the requirements for this mercenary!" message. But no longer have the "Active Mercenary Purchase" message.

CS said they have no resolution for this, so I am currently in the process of doing the quest for another Merc slot in hopes that I will not be stuck without a mercenary until this is fixed. I will update the thread once I finish it to let you know if the new slot is bugged, or if adding a new slot re-syncs and fixes the issues.
  2. Duder Augur

There are NPCs in the Eastern side of PoK on the western wall to recover mercs that you have dismissed.
  3. Nesalie Lorekeeper

I'll try this out, not sure which NPCs they are but I'll hail people until I find the dialogue to go through and see if it works.
  4. Nesalie Lorekeeper

Could not find any NPCs that would do this.

Also tried having another character transfer a merc to me, hoping it would shake something loose. Did not do anything. Collected the items for the quest, just have to craft and turn them in to see if the new slot will fix anything.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Lots of shrouding going on there and I think that is what caused the issue.

Did you try buying a merc while in shroud form? Making sure you have enough plat of course

This is from another bug report with same issue but on test server - maybe it will work for you

Open merc window, dismiss.
    Open Merc Merchant window, try to buy and fail, keep window open.
    Open merc window, dismiss. and repeat until you get error "You must own a mercenary to bring this window up!"
    Try to hire merc, get an error about needing to wait due to recent dismissal.
    wait 30 seconds.
    Hire and collect bacon.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ary-after-character-copy.284333/#post-4159883
  6. Nesalie Lorekeeper

I did try doing everything back in the same shrouds I had used before. Nothing. That fix sort of fixed things, I have one merc slot, but I can't swap to do the other merc slot, so it's still sort of dead. But my mercenary stances are blank. Also failed the combine with the Triumvirate stone (DOH) so it'll be a while until I can see if the third slot fixes anything.
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

Craft a Mercenary Signet Ring (jewelcraft, trivial 15, no fail): Jewelers Glass, Oval Cut Tool, Platinum Bar, Triumvirate Blood Stone.

How did you fail and lose the stone?
  8. Nesalie Lorekeeper

I failed to type out my entire thought. I failed one of the earlier ones in the quest, and failed to retain my Triumvirate Stone during my server transfer because it was in my Dragon's Hoard. Which was my other bug post today that was not resolved well. So I have to farm up another stone and another Prowler Pelt.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes and not offering feedback to the bug at hand.
  9. Nesalie Lorekeeper

Finished the Merc slot quest this morning.

It did not fix the slot that was still bugged with a "ghost merc"

Neither of my currently hired mercenaries have stances, and trying to change them via /stance tells me that they don't have that stance, no matter what stance I choose. I will likely do the merc slot quest again over the coming days to see if hiring a merc beyond the original 2 slots fixes anything further.

Fairly frustrating that such a major feature can't be fixed by Customer Support in any way and my only course of action is to post here in hopes that a patch in 2-3 weeks will fix it or that it'll fix itself one night as some other threads have had happen.
  10. Loup Garou De loop de loop

11. Nesalie Lorekeeper

Went back to the same bug I had in the first place of telling me I could not swap/unsuspend mercs without All Access, (but am).

So I decided to dismiss both the mercs I just hired after getting the new slot, and hire a new one as I couldn't swap back to my healer. Hired a new healer and it had stances, so I decided to keep trying to fill the slots. Hired a melee DPS and it worked, it had stances, and then it let me hire a caster DPS, it worked and had stances. I can swap between all of them now without issue.

It seems that my character at least is fixed, and getting the extra slot helped it do something, whether it was rotate through those slots I couldn't dismiss before to allow me to dismiss them, thus fixing them, or what I'm not too sure. The EQ spaghetti has straightened itself out on my end, and for that I'm relieved, but this is still a wild and crazy bug. And I'll never try to use a merc with a shroud again.
    Loup Garou likes this.