How are you selling items?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vumad, Aug 17, 2022.

1. ptah Augur

Like a few above, I am fairly stress free.
    1. Put items on trader.
    2. Check sellers price vs the barter buyers, find a middle ground.
    3. Very little announcement in zone or channel, maybe I will use 1 link of popular, normally low cost items. ie tribute bows in stock. Both made and kit ready for fletching combo. Min Max inventory.
    4. Maybe 1 hour /afk before logging off. General so if get questions or requests, I answer/setup a deal.
    5. Offline for 12 to 24 hours. Normally an overseer update on an Alt, inventory check on mule etc.
    6. Much more reading, scrolling up in general and visiting via tells.

Generally Action over profit, but nice make something. I do sell for myself, others, and random stranger if need comes up.

Now I do see action at times when im not the lowest price guy, There are buyers that avoid the spam sellers. I do normally example a cheaper price is here or there, but the buyer says nope I want to use you. You helps x number of alts, I have known ya for 5 years etc.

Good people are good people. Just Network, help your server.

Tunare out.
    Wdor and CatsPaws like this.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Price it at the lowest price in baz, battle the automated price bots every 2-3 days if I feel like it.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

1. Put items on trader.
    2. Check other sellers prices.
    3. Laugh a bit at the bottom dwelling discounters and, after a few minutes, match them.
    4. Ignore the bazaar for a day or two and then look and see if anyone actually bought something from me.
    5. Once a month or so, readjust prices either down to match the bottom dwelling, market destroying, discounters :) or raise them as high as I can dare to gather more filthy lucre for the Dwarven peoples.
    6. Place the all too frequent advertisers on Bristlebane on ignore.
    7. And...

[IMG]
    Smokezz likes this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

1. Join general channel
    2. Filter general channel into a tab you will never see
    3. Create a hotkey advertising the item and how much
    4. Hit that hotkey once every xyz minutes/hours
    5. Reply to any tell that is serious
    6. Negotiate
    7. Profit

Or.....

1. See rare item on corpse
    2. Loot rare item
    3. Destroy rare item
    4. Go on with life knowing that you don't have to interact with general channel
    Wdor, Nennius and CatsPaws like this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Or just tribute it to show em all!
    Wdor and Nennius like this.
  6. Koshk Augur

1. Login
    2. Loot thingies
    3. At end of play session, keep the ones I need
    4. Parcel all remaining thingies to significant other, friends, guildmates
    5. Keep playing, staying woefully ignorant of the intricacies of EQ trade-o-nomics
    6. Every few days/weeks, parcel vendor magically has platinum for me
    Wdor and Nennius like this.
  7. MischiefTLP Augur

Sell with /buyer for a stack of Nobles, offering the Ice Encrusted as compensation. The absolutely brilliant and flawless system devised by Devs to allow players to sell items with an automated character for in excess of the 2.1mil baz limit.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Some people go WAY overboard in general. If I have something that's worth more than the bazaar limit, I advertise in general once every 8 hours at most. I don't want to bother people. Where some others will advertise it every 10 minutes which I think is pretty obnoxious.
    Orienn, Wdor, Loup Garou and 2 others like this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

You clearly don't understand the question.
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

I've never used nobles to buy or sell anything, and admittedly don't know anything about that system.
  11. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Each server you're on will have some variance on that point. The one I play (Mischief) the /auction channel is booming. As I mentioned in my post I'm never personally in general, but even though there are more people in general, there's no conversation there at all. Auction has all kinds of WTB and WTS posts, and people asking for and receiving price checks.

There's all kinds of differences from Mischief and other servers obviously. It's just too bad yours has stopped (or never?) used the /auction channel.

OMG, I sat in general for 10 minutes, and the first and only message I saw in it was a WTB...
    gross!

Thankfully a couple of minutes went by and 2 people through out a LFG in general.

12. MastShaman Journeyman

I don't think it's fair to compare Mischief to any other server. During primetime theres 4 general channels, the first 3 with 400 people cap full.

I can only speak for myself, but even as of 2 weeks ago, if i were to type in /auction that has 50-70 people in it that im barterbuying Blue Diamonds for 350pp per, I'd maybe get ~5 total on that auction within 2 minutes.

If i drop my messages from a macro to general, general1, general2, and general3, I'd score 80+ within those 2 minutes. I'd wait 8-10 minutes, and do it again. Another 80+. Because there is that many people that, came back from afk. missed it the first time. just joined the channel. etc.

People do it because it's effective. Can't stop won't stop.
  13. MischiefTLP Augur

/buyer, type Noble, click on thing that parcel vendors sell, enter the quantity of Nobles you want for your item, select the item from the middle column and add it as item compensation, hit create buy, hit start barter, /auc /ooc ;whatever once and hit offline mode.

If you log on Mischief and /barter search Noble or for Treasurez, they are willing to part with a Faerie Princess Wing for only 50 Nobles. Because of the patch that prevents you from listing Krono for more than one price you can only have one Noble buyline at a time.

It also works to have an automated character buying for many millions as well. Spend 5.125mil on 50 Krono, /buyer, select the item you want to purchase, offer 50 Nobles as item compensation, hit start barter, /auc, /ooc ;whatever once and hit offline mode.
    Vumad likes this.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Normal stuff I just toss on a vendor and set a price cheaper than others to unload it as quick as I can.

Super rares I'll poke /general about it, but I'm aware of spamming so I'll ask to send a tell with an offer, then I leave it alone for a long while.
    I'm not a merchant, I just got crazy lucky on an item and would like to unload it for a fair price.
  15. CrazyLarth Augur

I put some older collectables on my seller set them all to one price.
    I have a buyer but I have not the time to take that stuff off the buyer and put on my seller yet.
  16. Cicelee Augur

It utterly amazes me that people try and sell old collectibles for tens and hundreds of thousands of plat when all the buyer has to do is some Overseer missions for a day or two and get four collect fragments and do the turn in...
    Wdor likes this.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Are you equally amazed that lots of people buy those "old" collectibles?
    Svann2, Wdor and Cicelee like this.
  18. CrazyLarth Augur

TDS collects if they never plan to go get access
    Seasonal collects i sold a few dolls after that quest was over.
    I set my price at 10k
    I put some Stat food on a vender I was making for leveling Baking Trophy.
    I started to make the items for Protection of the Cabbage and plan to make some SEALS for The Artisan's Prize in the future.
  19. Bobokin Augur

Is Ice Encrusted worth more than 2 million plat on your server?
  20. Viper1 Augur

A lot of you are missing the point that the OP's question is specifically regarding the scenario where something is worth more than the bazaar limit of 2Mpp, such as ultra-rares. As in, the bazaar is a wholly inadequate method of selling. People talking about tradeskill items or collectibles or pricing to beat the bots are completely off-topic.

@OP. I think you may have figured out by now that the unfortunate answer is that there is no good option outside of general chat. I hate trade spam in any MMO gen chat, but I've come to tolerate it in EQ so long as the same person doesn't repeat themselves more than once per 15'ish minutes, give or take. Current era ultra rares seem to garner a lot of interest so often times you only need to advert your item a single time before you'll get reasonable offers. That, I think, is entirely acceptable. /auction chat is still there, but so very few people join it to begin with, let alone use it, that it doesn't serve it's purpose. That ship has long since sailed and pretty much everyone has accepted that trades will be adverted in general chat because there are a number of things now that garner more interest and value than what the bazaar limits can accommodate.
    Vumad and Svann2 like this.