Can't Unistall Everquest

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by ocalen, Apr 12, 2016.

1. ocalen New Member

On Windows 10. I keep getting a realtime error C+ message. I ran the unistall as admin too. My friend can't unistall his either.
  2. Gialana Augur

you should be able to just delete the folder. I don't think EQ installs anything outside that directory.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Might want to try again now that servers back up, hard to do anything when the game is undergoing maintenance.
  4. Sindaiann Augur

It is Everquest.

You are not allowed to uninstall it.
    Ileasa, Tatanka and Nolrog like this.
  5. mafon2 New Member

I have the same problem.

Any solutions? I can't unistall it nor throw "cleaner", nor throw system panel, nor throw uninstaller.
  6. Pootle Elder

Read first reply.... Just delete the EQ Folder. Bingo, No more Everquest.

If you feel like you might possibly come back one day (happens to a lot of people), there will be some TXT files named the same as your characters. You may want to keep these, they hold all your layout settings, hotkeys, spell sets etc. They can be pasted back into a new install or onto a different computer.
  7. Nolrog Augur

There's nothing to uninstall. EQ doesn't put itself into the registry. Just delete the folder.
  8. mafon2 New Member

I want to remove it completelly, including the files in the list of programs, links in system panel, Appdata and all the stuff it brought with itself on disc C:/. Plus, is it normal that uninstaller doesn't work? Or should I rephrase it to "still doesn't work"?
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Delete the folder as advised, restart the computer and come back and let us know what files you still find that did not delete.
  10. DamnataAnimus Elder

Also after deleting, ccleaner or a similar program will allow you to cleanup any left behind items (registry, broken shortcuts etc). Ccleaner is also totally free, though you may have to do some manually rather than using the automatic options.
    disclose likes this.
  11. Drusi Augur

Everquest is one of those rare games that you can just put in your flash drive and carry around with you and it will work from pretty much any drive or even the flash drive itself.

So there is no real need to install/uninstall it.

The only real dependency is that particular version of DirectX9.0c which is easy obtained from Microsoft.
  12. DyvineShammy New Member

I am unable to delete the folder as well. I am not running anything, yet it says it is being used by another application.
  13. sodumz New Member

it says that the folder or file in it is open in another program
  14. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Source:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...when-trying-to-uninstall.590281/#post-6562962

RE:
    I used revounistaller to fix the issue when the launch pad kept logging me into the same account, regardless of what account info was entered (even when trying to bypass the launcher).

It will leave some folders for you to manually delete, but it will clear out everything else EQ related, including registry entries and shared folders added by DBG/DPG from post-SOE installs.

EDiting again just to say.. sheesh this was a bit of a necro'd thread lol
    Stymie likes this.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Reboot and then delete the folder. You have a text editor, image editor, or some other program keeping a file open.
  16. thechacko Elder

I can't clean uninstall this program either.

It keeps erroring when you run the uninstaller calling it an incompatible file. This leaves lingering registry settings, as well as other telemetry data.

These suggestions are also pretty awful - as this is a problem that Daybreak needs to address not the community. Your installer is telling Windows that the uninstaller is still located in the temporary directory you created during installation (C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Temp\) which of course if you've rebooted since installation, is no longer there.
  17. Derd Augur

Eq "Uninstaller " has never worked to my knowledge. Select folder hit delete has always worked.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Honestly I don't know of any "unistaller" that has ever worked right in Windows.

I am sure people won't have any lasting ill effects from what is left over anyway. smh
    Ileasa likes this.
  19. Iven the Lunatic

There is just the Everquest folder. That is the only installation. If you cannot delete it you have other problems that have nothing to do with EverQuest. Often the driver is the problem and not the car. Like trying to get out of the car but the seat belt is still fastened and the car is moving.
    CatsPaws and Mossaa like this.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Go to programs in windows, use windows to uninstall it. Works fine. And stop necroing ancient threads for no real reason.