Epic Quests incoming?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

I will continue to tread where other nerds fear.
  2. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

I bring it up in different servers and it seems like it is unanimous that more epics would be enjoyed by people. The exact percentage is way too difficult to determine. I absolutely, positively refuse to believe a gaming company would not set forth "resources" to create some quests for a fancy set of pixels for our characters to thrash NPC's with absurdly high hit point counts.
  3. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

What is really preventing Darkpaw from making a powerful epic weapon quest via group/instance related content doable with 6-12 players/mercs? Imagination?
    Stymie likes this.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

Sorry had to chuckle as I noticed 4 posts in a row from the same guy.
    Chikkin and Dre. like this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

People are allowed to have opinions.
    Chikkin and Leerah like this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And there is more no raid related content around an epic then raid related content. Sure you will need some raids to finish them but that normally only amounts to a couple of drops off of some mobs. Personally I would prefer more group/raid content that can be repeated year round over one time epic quests.
    Leerah likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No one is thinking that, we just want to ensure EQ is getting as much content as possible and don't think that epic quests are worth sacrificing content for.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

We took a secret ballot vote - expansion or epics.
    It was unanimous.
  9. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

We need to get you the "Captain Obvious" title. This is so good to have people like you around!
  10. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Okay, downplay it as you like.
  11. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Who is this "we"?? There you go, again. Freudian slip?
  12. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Expansion, plus epics. Mind blowing!!

Now I feel self conscious about replying to too many people... Thanks to Flatchy!
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Downplay what? You seem to be enjoying spamming this thread with replies.

You are making a broad assumption with your statement of "what other nerds fear" and I am simply stating that you are incorrect. Simply stating that people are wanting devs to focus their time on areas that will result in the most content for everyone rather then content for a smaller group with limited
    replayability.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Correct it would be nice if they had the dev resources to do both and they have said in the past that they do not have that. Considering that the dev team isn't much larger from were it has been in the past they still don't have the resources to do that.
  15. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Eh, you keep speaking for the masses. I am not and never will. I am willing to bet that people who would agree with epic weapon quests would do so but, that player base won't come to these forums.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Speaking for the masses because I point out that your claim that "nerds feared something" was incorrect? If you want to complain about speaking for the masses make sure you are not speaking for them or making claims about what they think/feel.
  17. Warpeace Augur

You realize your the second highest poster in this thread?

A new improved epic could be nice, but they cant even balance classes.
    Stymie likes this.
  18. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

You must be fun at parties. We both know what I am referring to. A complaint is a complaint. An observation is an observation.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never indicated otherwise, I was just pointing out that someone who is chain replying doesn't have any ground to stand on when complaining about how much other people reply.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You shouldn't be making broad claims and then complain that someone else is speaking for others.