Wasn't classic supposed to be 4weeks on Yeli?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, May 3, 2022.

1. Hirbow Augur

Because the casual players are the ones that make it to live, get it ? Where's Twisted Legion? Where's Restless Insomnia/mabu? where's Faceless (Rerolled on each server almost). OGC made it to live and they were not hardcore doing OW batphone except for classic. So have a great day
  2. Zansobar Augur

Completely disagree.
  3. The_Kras_Man New Member

To quote Dubya: "I think we can all agree, the past is over."
  4. Digler Elder

Do 70% stop at PoP, or do 70% stop after 12-15 months?

Right now, I would say its hard to say. I'm only speaking for myself, but I would say I stop after 12 months. Not at PoP.
  5. rangerous Elder

I think one day DB is going to a kunark start or another luclin start. My guess is to why they are shortening classic but not doing a kunark start is the amount of station credits spent on race changes to iksar and other things in store are bringing in enough revenue they dont want to forego it.
  6. wade_watts Augur

If the Dev's goal of TLP's is to get people to live - they have no idea what they are doing and are totally missing the point of the majority of their user base. There are small stalwart groups of people that get to live on these TLP's but the vast majority of the players is in it for a totally different reason. Their inability to understand their customer base is baffling, lots of potential value sitting idle from both a business and customer relationship side.
    asdfbot likes this.
  7. Rcbauer Augur

Yet here you are.
  8. wade_watts Augur

Your point? They have players that re-join and play for 3-6 months annually because their product offering occasionally overlaps with what that category of people want. My point remains - if their goal for TLP's is to get people to live, they don't understand tremendous portions of their TLP user base.
    asdfbot likes this.
  9. Rcbauer Augur

Their goal is to keep people subscribing.
    I doubt they care about getting people to live.
    Stymie likes this.
  10. Chikkin Augur

Welcome to Everquest! Another New Member!

Your post is interesting, and does add to the discussion, but goodness, did you have to make a new account to write it here? :p (Blame Skuz for that snark-excitement)

Edit2: Disregard this, some idiot posted "on topic", when it wasn't. Oops!
    Edit: On-topic -- I'm not sure where I stand on which is the smarter/better idea, but I personally was bummed they slowed it down. Also, how much time someone should want or need is up to the person (of course) I was thinking with the lower level limits (Especially Level 40!) was going to happen so fast, that fast unlocks made sense.

I won't go make multiple alts and 40's and other stuff, but that's just my play style. so, who whatever.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Zansobar Augur

This thread is about Yelinak not the level locked server where the initial level limit is level 40.
  12. Chikkin Augur

You're right.

They should put that in the title, wait, what?

lol my bad man, I quickly lumped the thread topic in my head to be about both since I think they both got extended at same time when the faq came out.
  13. Aenoan Augur

Taliefer! Are you still on phini? Going to Yelinak?
    I personally don't care anymore I've played on a bunch of TLPs and I don't think there has been one that has hit the sweet spot for unlocks. Except maybe Sleeper/Combine.
  14. Midnitewolf Augur

Honestly I agree. One of the big issues I have found with playing on TLPs is the pace. I end up quitting around PoP not because that is my favorite expansion, but rather that is the point where I cease to be able to keep up with the leveling pace of the majority of players and find myself literally spending entire evening playing sessions LFG.

I mean I go back to EQ because I want to group up and experience all the content I missed the first time around. If I wanted to just solo the time and hit max cap in a few weeks, I could play GW2 or WoW so I would love if they slowed down the expansion progression further so that people would spend more time on doing more of the content, trying to get BIS for each expansion before tearing off in a race to get better gear from the next expansion to drop.
    asdfbot likes this.