Wasn't classic supposed to be 4weeks on Yeli?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, May 3, 2022.

1. Rcbauer Augur

2. rangerous Elder

Yes. DB effed up and slowed down both servers for no reason.
    Chikkin likes this.
  3. Regismkv New Member

Well obviously it wasn't for no reason. The lead dev has a dream to get all TLP players to Live, which is why they were designed with shorter times to start with. What likely happened is the CEO and CFO had to remind said lead dev that getting TLP players to Live isn't the goal, maximizing profits is the goal. Since 70% of the player base quits by PoP adding those months backs puts more monthly revenue stream in the bank. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if we're not back to 3 months classic, kunark, Vel, and Luclin before its all said and done. After all that buys em another 4 months of revenue before the mass of recyclers quits.
    asdfbot likes this.
  4. Lumiens Augur

By this point, if people actually want to play on another classic start TLP again then why would they want to rush through everything.
    slizzard likes this.
  5. Slaytanik Elder

I have no problem with 8 weeks of Classic. I think 6 weeks is the sweet spot, but 4 is too short IMO.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  6. Moforyguy Elder

They wouldn't ever do 6 weeks cuz its in the middle. 6 weeks gives them the same amount of money as 4 weeks. Maybe one day a game could be created with the idea of having fun instead of money but I doubt it.
  7. asdfbot Lorekeeper

Your looking at it the wrong way. If they don't make money, then none of this would happen. They keep players happy, they keep making money thus you see the back and forth on how long expansions should be.
  8. asdfbot Lorekeeper

Exactly! I don't understand the reasoning behind this either because if its to push ppl to live, it will fail. Hardcore Try-Hard Neckbeards will be max lvl in a few days regardless of the server type, doing 16+ hour days for 3-4 days. I don't see why they are catering to that small portion of players.
  9. Moforyguy Elder

The main reason I've always wanted a Kunark start is because at launch classic has about 4 zones for leveling and it makes everything slower. I just thought with more zones it wouldn't be as hectic. I remember zone crashes so bad in Neriak it took me almost an hour to get out of that town after needing to train.
  10. Melodico New Member

I have multiple friends who were gonna play yelinak with me who are not going to sub now that boring- classic has doubled in length. Terrible decision by daybreak, and i urge them to consider reverting back to 4 weeks of classic . C'mon, you guys are ruining what could be a cool thing. There's like no content in classic, you're going to lose a lot of subs.
  11. Senthin1 Journeyman

I 100% think 8 weeks is too long for Classic. That said.... Can't you just start on the server 4 weeks after launch? Doesn't that solve the issue?
    slizzard likes this.
  12. taliefer Augur

I did not like the 4 weeks of classic on thornblade, it felt way too quick. I like the change and hope 2 months of classic is the norm for TLPs moving forward.
  13. asdfbot Lorekeeper

It does, hes being dramatic lol
    slizzard likes this.
  14. Jhazz New Member

People who play on TLPs do not want to rush to Live. That is absurd. They play on TLPs because to dont want to play on live. I personally play on TLPs to group with real people. After Oow the population thins out and people just box for the most part. When mercs come out people stop grouping with real people all together. EQ1 TLPs are the last place someone can play with other people. All the other games are just soloers type games with optional grouping. Most people in those games just solo. All the new RPGMMOs stuff feels like shooter games, you are on you own.
    slizzard, Zansobar and Hirbow like this.
  15. TheDohn Augur

4 weeks is not rushing Classic, by any metric. There is not enough content to fill two months, even with the most casual raiding schedules.
    rangerous likes this.
  16. taliefer Augur

disagree. 4 weeks certainly is rushed in classic, especially on a server with traditional loot like yelinak.
    slizzard likes this.
  17. Protagonist Tank

It's only rushed by the standard of people who don't play more than an hour or two a week. People who "just want to take my time leveling" never stick around. If they did, they would know leveling is a tiny, almost unnoticeable portion of a server's lifespan.

You can't build an active community around inactive players. Doubly so when it's players who will quit after a month or two. Planning server mechanics around the caprice of players who only play during the launch each year is short sighted.
    Chikkin, rangerous and Skuz like this.
  18. AraWarrior84 New Member

Play half as much and try going outside to see the sunshine a few times. Problem solved.
    slizzard likes this.
  19. brickz Augur

A lot of people who don't post on the forums felt 4 weeks was too fast. Not everyone comes to these servers knowing what class they are going to play with a static group ready to power level to 50 in 2 days. If you don't want to raid sky 4 more times then just don't. Problem solved
    slizzard likes this.
  20. taliefer Augur

I dunno, I play well above that. I am not exactly a casual player. ive been in the zerg raid guild on most of these servers that batphone every target, split instances, etc. 4 weeks of classic was rushed on Thornblade, even with the crazy loot system.
    slizzard likes this.