Classic start FV LOOT PVP TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boogatti, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Ginix Augur

If red players could interact with blue players we'd probably would see a lot more characters flagged for PvP.
  2. HekkHekkHekk Augur

I'm just a red boy looking to fill my pockets up with blue boys.
    Corydon Coles likes this.
  3. Corydon Coles Elder

This
    Ginix and NinjutsuMMO like this.
  4. Ginix Augur

soon brother, soon
    Corydon Coles likes this.
  5. code-zero Augur

[IMG]
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Discovered today someone had beat me to that idea, so felt obliged to quote it out of fairness.

Corydon Coles and code-zero like this.
  7. Wordor Journeyman

Something like this could be fun.....Why not make a server like test server, where you can copy a toon over, so you can enjoy some red with a toon you enjoy/know/have built up, but don't have to worry about losing things and time out in. And the people who want coin and loot get it too
    Newpotato and Corydon Coles like this.
  8. Corydon Coles Elder

This could be the winning ---> NEW <--- idea for what the players would like to stafff to do for the 2023 TLP.
    I've been playing Zek for awhile now and i'm guess the 2 big complaints for a 2023 PVP TLP server would be:
    1) Zek is empty.
    * This problem is solved making 1 of the 2 new 2023 servers.
    2) I can't find the PVP.
    * This problem is solved with a few ways
    a) team pvp (good/neu/evil)
    b) small world lock .. say Velious

> throw us a bone! Look how many BLUE servers you did and not 1 RED
    Newpotato and HekkHekkHekk like this.
  9. Corydon Coles Elder

You look at the #s from before the Zek server they are the same as BLUE. People dont play Zek because is low pop
    Newpotato likes this.
  10. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

It's almost time
  11. Dmitry Elder

No one will ever play PvP. Get over it.
  12. Kunfo Augur

+1 for FV loot rules, whatever the other details are.
  13. Go Take A Nap Augur

Hey, the anti pl guys would have something to do with their free time :D

The stalk and defend strategy that pvp brings to the table makes dungeon grinding feel more real. You have a beef with someone in zone? Organize an ambush! A sense of danger in zones again... those that never played on pvp wouldnt understand though.

-Everything is a little bit harder.
    -Rep maters.( if you spend most your time pvping people recognize you as a bandit)
    -Not being distracted by wars all night and earning some exp is a win.
    -Hitting max level is a huge achievement along with the greatest risk as higher rate of pvp encounters.
    -Guild wars at raid areas, or OW ambushes while fighting raid bosses.
    -Named spawns contest by blood.

Just about everything people complain about blue servers can be managed without a GM through pvp:D
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  14. Lejaun Augur

One real server dedicated to PVP and it still can't be filled up. Let it die. It is highly doubtful a TLP PVP server would last much longer than a fad.
  15. Go Take A Nap Augur

TLP crowd doesn't want to play live, let alone a live pvp server.

During original launch pvp servers were thriving with population. That has already been proven and that is the original nostalgia the pvp crowd is looking for.

Also, all tlps are a "Fad". Massive drop offs happen after the first few weeks. If you were a TLP player than you would know this.
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  16. Lejaun Augur

Let me rephrase it then for you. It would die faster than any other server has died before in popularity. You can't even get a good population on a single PVP server, and any that joined a PVP TLP would leave quickly.

Get Zek to a high population, and then maybe people will take you seriously.
  17. code-zero Augur

The devs have long said that the only way that they'd consider a new PvP TLP or I suppose anything is if PvP fans prove it by populating Zek. The half dozen or so people who are always advocating for a PvP server ignore that and make claims about how wonderful it'd be to fight over camps

There's already PvP competition though, that's because .... DPS race.....
  18. Captain Video Augur

Mangler says hi. Aradune says hi. Even Mischief says hi. Thornblade is trying to say hi but it's a very meek voice.
    Hdizzle likes this.
  19. Hdizzle Augur

Red Agnarr is the way to do a PvP TLP server. And sure make it free trade, whatever.

It would be the ultimate mess around pvp server and far less intimidating to new players than Zek. Hell live Blue servers intimidate a lot of players into just running classic-pop again, its no wonder Zek is empty.
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  20. Newpotato New Member

Agreed, I'd resubscribe in a heartbeat if they released a pvp TLP server like this. It's the only reason I keep checking the forums.. one day I hope