See Invis MOBS block Shadow Vally Missions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Izzard of Bertox, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Izzard of Bertox Augur

See Topic. This is a problem. DPG has created a huge speed bump on the way to Shadow Valley.
    Veteran_BetaTester and Ozon like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

I tried taking my rogue through KV after the patch. Both of those corridors, the ones that are literally wall to wall shade mobs that see thru BOTH invis and SoS, are impossible to get through unless you fight your way through them or try to train your way to the SV zoneline.
  3. Tacked New Member

What we really need right now is someone that knows everything and is willing to impose their knowledge and authority with the blind masses. Come on, isn't there someone that moderates these forums that can shut down this discontent with not a care in the world ?
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Guessing this was caused by body type change. BF shades see bard invis as well.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

This will probably cause some fun
    Andarriel likes this.
  6. SubEffect An Original Lord of Fizzle and Whiff

The shades are undead. Won't help the SoS issue, but they don't see through IvU (in Ka Vethan).
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Yes they do see thru ivu.
    Silvena likes this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yes...they do. Most of them (the ones that see thru SoS) see thru both regular invis and ITU. There are some here and there that seem to be normal undead and you can invis past them, but the vast majority, including the ones in the corridors you have to go down to get to SV...you can't get by them unless you're willing to fight your way through them.
  9. SubEffect An Original Lord of Fizzle and Whiff

Interesting. I didn't wander too far (and also was in the mission, not the static zone). I did buzz into the static zone and one shade right in the first hallway so through both. Joy.

Thanks for the correction.
  10. The real Sandaormo Augur

More reason to wait for the banner /whistle
    Metanis likes this.
  11. Goratoar Elder

This was mentioned to them over a week ago for the testing of this patch. I fully expected there to be a large blowup on the forums about it, and it'll probably get hotfixed out in a couple days.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

Sometimes it takes a month.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Doing emergency patches to fix in-game issues, off the normal schedule, seems to have become a thing of the past.

Unless we're talking about something that benefits the players. In those cases, they'll do a patch to fix it just as soon as they can. Anything else...wait for the scheduled monthly patch.
    Vumad likes this.
  14. Too Many Praxes New Member

got a very rude awakening to this change today while trying to run through KV. I'm hoping this change is unintended? Or if it's intended maybe we can *adjust* the amount of mobs required to kill to move through KV? It's a bit obscene at the moment.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Shilokk and Too Many Praxes like this.
  16. Nudia Augur

Will be really fun when the zone lag picks up at prime time. People training through, frantically clicking the zone to SV, only to find...nothing happens! Will it start you zoning before the DA wears off? So exciting!
    Vumad likes this.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Looks like we wizards finally have a market for selling ports again...:p
    Svann2 likes this.
  18. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I have a feeling, if this invis thing isn't fixed in the next month, there will be less population. It effects all around game play.. not only that zone.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

If they don't fix this (and I have a feeling they won't consider this a bug), then people who haven't finished (or want to start) the SV and Basillica progression are basically going to throw their arms up and say to heck with it. I don't see the Oubliette mission being run much anymore if they don't change it.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is a bug thread for this that they have marked as confirmed which suggests that they do consider it a bug.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...on-some-mob-type-changes.282268/#post-4126125
    Shilokk and Skuz like this.