I'm never going to play past gates of discord

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rothj, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Whether you intended to make an argument or not you used that as a part of your rationale, which makes it an argument, it just happens to be a very bad one, feel free to delete from your post if you want.

Actual EQ is on every single server, so I'm not even sure what you mean by that.
    Unless there is some other game you think exists on EQ servers (and no I don't mean Gems).

Once Yelinak opens people will have an option to play early EQ - now if the players who want to play early EQ all show up for it & still do not outnumber all of those on the other TLP your argument that there are more who want to play early EQ than post-PoP EQ still falls flat on its face.
    Triconix likes this.
  2. wade_watts Augur

Well... You can lead a horse to water...

p.s. - "actual EQ" is a referent to legitimate EQ versus some of the dubious sources of gameplay in the wild.
    Xanathol likes this.
  3. Triconix Augur

But the amount of players that aren't playing because they aren't offering what they want is still less than the players currently playing a TLP past that point. Why is that so hard to understand?

To prove this, when new servers release, and all these players have something they want (Classic) being offered, why are the populations of all the other TLPs greater than the two newly released TLPs? Because more people want/play in post-POP than pre-POP and that content generates more revenue for DPG than the classic rerollers.

If what you claim is true - a majority of people want classic - the new servers would explode in population beyond what the current TLPs provide players. They don't. Therefore, my point remains fully intact.

P.S. They have exactly what those players want fully available 24/7/365. It's called Agnarr. The entire server is classic-POP and offers nothing beyond.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Truetotheblue Augur

Legends of Norrath!! Oh wait..
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Triconix Augur

This is exactly it.

When Mischief/TB opened, the population(s) of Aradune + Rizlona + Mangler + All other TLPs was > Mischief/TB. Maybe people will claim the randomization/FT affected it (even though according to lots of vocal people here, it was the greatest thing since sliced bread), but we don't know for sure. We do know Aradune was still a 50/50 medium-high population, Riz was (and still essentially still is) 100% high population, and Manger was solidly a medium population the entire time M/TB were in the trilogy phase. Mischief remained the only high population server of the two through POP and based on EQResource. TB had a recent second wind, but was almost on its deathbed with a low population status reporting way more often than Aradune and almost about as often as Mangler (which was in UF).
  6. Truetotheblue Augur

One thing I think that is important to account for with all the TLP popularity in the past two years, and subsequently this year, is COVID. COVID forced a lot of people inside. The whole gaming industry saw a big boom, and now that restrictions are backing off I think that is an important factor for any future TLPs, and I would add some caution to using COVID-time numbers as a point of comparison. How that impacts EQ going forward is anyone's guess. But it's relevant and does skew the numbers for the past two years.

As a side note - not trying to hitch to any side of the server argument. But wanted to at least bring this up.
    Skuz and JustAnotherOpinion like this.
  7. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Your point is easily backed up by Twitch.TV's increased viewership over the past two years.
  8. wade_watts Augur

Where are you getting your numbers from? How do you know any of this to be true? Are you just guessing based on the "high/med/low" server status indicators?
    Dre., Xanathol and Crabman like this.
  9. Pappasalt Augur

<---clearly the bestest eq streamer
  10. Truetotheblue Augur

How many have smashed that like button??
  11. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Your viewers are dying to know if you are bailing on Mischief for Vaniki.
  12. Crabman Augur

lol they think that high on one server means the exact same amount as high on another. They also dont think about the fact that there is no afk boot on any server other than the new ones.

even still, the argument that 9 servers add up to a little more than 1 means that everything else is way better is absolutely ridiculous. they just have nothing else to grasp at.
    wade_watts likes this.
  13. Pappasalt Augur

I'd have to be playing on mischief to bail on it lol...

I was actually talking about this earlier. So I do like the faster paced servers and all. I like the middle era of EQ so getting there faster is nice. But Vaniki is faster than Selo was and Selo was quite hard to keep up on with loot and flagging, I also don't fully understand nor enjoy the 10 levels below thing...seems gimmicky to me. So I'd prefer to stay on Thornblade, issue there is slow as dog **** and our population is gonna die without a merge this Summer. Still waiting on them combining those worthless smaller expansions on the 70 grind.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

https://eqresource.com/serverstatus.php
  15. Barton The Mischievous

High/Medium/Low is not an accurate player count. Without an accurate player count any argument that X server + Y server is > than N Server cannot be proved. A server can be low pop with only 1 player logged in possibly even no players.
  16. Captain Video Augur

Is this argument ever going to end? How many dozens of threads is it going to take?
  17. Rcbauer Augur

You should go to Yelinak then. The krono boys are waiting
  18. Rcbauer Augur

Yep. Population drops occur because they can't figure out to release PoP/LoY and LDON at the same time.

Same could probably hold true for OOW and DON.
  19. Digler Elder

I have to think that all the legacy servers have a enough of a population as to make it worthwhile to keep them.

Otherwise they'd do another round of mergers/collapses, right?
  20. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

The Krono Boys have already made it public that they will never leave Mischief. I asked them to explain themselves, and this was their answer.

"Whenever a new expansion launches, Mischief's whales drop hundreds of kronos on items that will be obsolete in a month. I am never going back to the days where I have to sell loot rights. TTYL. I need to raid for the sole purpose of selling items for kronos!"

Okay...like wow...I can't believe that they admitted to it all!