Request: Free Trade for Yelinak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Icetea, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Haldi Elder

If Yelinak does not get Free Trade, Then this years servers are a joke. So tired of Kronolords holding down camps to sell loot rights. It is getting disgusting and ruining EQ.
    Muscle and Icetea like this.
  2. Haak Augur

McDonald's is also quite popular, but too much and it'll really start to affect your health. There's entire documentaries about that very subject!

We need to temper the exploration of our TLP taste buds with a palette cleanser once in a while. It can't be all wasabi, all the time...
  3. Starshape Elder

Last go round with free trade, random loot and increases foots that bill.

Just one of those, some tasty free trade, is enough.
  4. Overmedium New Member

Yo, I swear you're the guy I buy LR's from all the time... I'll hit you up again on Vaniki if it isn't Free Trade, I have a lot of Krono to spend. Thanks again.
  5. Dominate Augur

Free trade + Random Loot is the best thing for people who can't raid on a set schedule 3 nights a week. It enables all sorts of different styles of play, its incredible. People want their binary gameplay mode in EQ TLP's, but the cat is out of the bag now. It is possible, honed, and desirable.

Yelinak needs it to compete with Vaniki.
    Muscle, Gormgeous and Icetea like this.
  6. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I think that a lot of us have had different experiences with kronolords. When clerics in my Mischief guild wanted to complete their epic, krono farmers had a permanent hold on Lord Bergurgle. I can still remember how a few clerics sighed after they paid the krono farmers 2-3kr for the crown. The kronolords were using boxed SK's HT and Wizard's wand of conflagration to instantly nuke the goblin. The crown was transferred to a mule and auctioned in the EC tunnel.

I would have to believe that Yelinak's current ruleset would make this system much more difficult to navigate. A player would need to auction loot rights, and the recipient would need to trust the krono farmer enough to trade KR before looting the goblin. The NPC respawns every 29 minutes, which would probably result in multiple kills without a buyer. How many krono farmers are going to camp the goblin at 3:00 am when most clerics and players aren't online? If I had a cleric without the crown, I would just camp the goblin myself and force the krono farmer to waste his HT's and charges. Is the Krono farmer going to loot the crown to spite me? Maybe. I will happily play their selfish game just to make their krono farming more difficult.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  7. Zrender Augur

Yup. Vs krono farmers the best thing for Yelinak is that it's not free trade. Mischief still exists and will in my opinion still remain highly populated. If that is true then I doubt there will be many serious krono farmers on Yelinak or Vaniki. Sure there will be a few but I think most of those will be people that want to play on those servers anyway and make a few kronos here and there. If mischief remains populated most of the hardcore krono farmers will stay there. It's so easy to make kronos on mischief there's not much point in bothering with other servers. I think mobs like Bergurgle will just be a line of clerics waiting their turn with the occasional jerk cutting in the line with boxes.
  8. Intercept Augur

Anyone can make krono simply by playing the game itself, if anything free trade becomes way more kronoy with people bidding on gear to sell rather than use.
    Muscle and Zrender like this.
  9. Intercept Augur

free trade isn't a spice, it's a massive detriment to any traditional tlp server
    Dragon Jockey and Zrender like this.
  10. toasty4800 Elder

Lots of guilds out there that use DKP and you get loot for free.

These guilds don't care what you do with the loot after upgrading, in general.
    Muscle likes this.
  11. Haldi Elder

Ignorant
    Muscle likes this.
  12. trainz Journeyman

Free trade and 1.5x -2x loot drops from raid mobs and this server would be what mischief wanted to be “minus random loot”.
    Muscle likes this.
  13. verbatim Elder

I probably won't play on any server that isn't fv loot rules going forward. Random loot is meh, but the utility of recycling gear to alts is just too much of a game changer to go without. Being able to have a mirror of your main that you throw your mains gear on to do alt instances with is also awesome even for non-boxers.

I think the random loot was super hit or miss in how it was implemented but free trade to me was a huge plus. I don't begrudge people who want to play on a no trade server but I would like to see fv trade be more common in future implementations than it has been I the past.
    Muscle likes this.
  14. Dominate Augur

Have you ever tried to camp Bergurgle on the other TLP's? It is a toxic cesspool, and it doesn't even end when you actually find a way to loot a crown. On other TLP's you could have your turn in sniped.

The people who farm epics for kronos will still loot crowns because you can other parts of the quest down the line. It is almost like you don't even understand the mechanics of what happens with the quest. If you have never done it, that is forgivable.

However, the hilarity of the ignorant people on this forum about who, how, and why "kronolords" farm kronos is too good. Yelinak is THE PRIME server for krono farming. It will be just like it has been since Truebox was introduced. People with more capacity for violence(DPS), and more time to dump into it will win camps, items, and the economic game. Machiavelli ain't got nothin' on some of the sociopaths I have met on TLP's.

The best thing to compete against them is to be able to obtain decent drops in other locations that they can't possibly lock ALL of them down, and trade for what you wish. Without random loot, most of the high value camps will be locked down by people that aren't you.

As far as what a kronolord is, or the turbo krono farmers; There are a handful of people that make real life dollars from krono in EQ. They are few and far between. The vast majority off the people that the jealous call kronolords are just like a lot of the people in your raid team. Some of the time you are guilded with them and you would never know, because they don't want Karen finding out that its their mage box camping the /Sup in LGUK.

The bottom line is that people who can't (or won't) compete due to time constraints, hardware limitations, or stubbornness make up whatever they can to trick their brain into being okay with not winning. Then, after that, they somehow brainwash themselves into thinking that THIS TLP will be different this time! Lmaaao. Humans are still the same as they were in 1999. People will find a way to exploit Everquest for gain. Whatever that looks like to them, and this is important.... to THEM, not you.

Good luck at Bergurgle. If you spend enough hours you will snag a crown. Hopefully you have guildies willing to brainlessly afk it with you. There won't be a line of clerics there until the people with more capacity than you are done milking its value.
    Muscle likes this.
  15. code-zero Augur

You fail to realize that the only reason that there's free trade on Mischief and Thornblade is because of the random loot code. Random loot prevents monopolization of spawn points and drops so no one can "corner the market" on anything. I've come to see the "free trade but no random loot" types as being either idealistic or toxic because everyone else seems to be pretty happy with it
  16. trainz Journeyman

They’re not just going to copy mischief “I wish they would” but this would be a happy substitute.
  17. Haldi Elder

I'd jump on board Free Trade if it brings people to the server, I dont care at this point, I just want an active server.
  18. Jakuk Lorekeeper

Free Trade is what will save Yelinak, especially after WoW comes out with the bombshell of player housing.
  19. Intercept Augur

You prefer that they sell them in CL tunnel / bazaar?
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  20. Intercept Augur

Free trade is a non-starter for many of us, it leads to toxic gameplay that many of us will not play on.

Many of us want traditional tlp servers.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.