Request: Free Trade for Yelinak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Icetea, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Icetea Lorekeeper

Mischief was really popular, we all enjoyed handing down our old equipment to our alts, it made the game so much fun and allowed us access to old raid loot.
    it also gave us many other options for gear when RMTers locked down the usual camps.

What do you all think ? :cool:
  2. Gormgeous Elder

Free trade and non truebox please.
    Shui, Cideral, Go Take A Nap and 3 others like this.
  3. Rcbauer Augur

no it will already be the hot spot for the you know whos
    Rebelicious likes this.
  4. Muscle New Member

Good idea ! +2

The Muscle Approves
  5. Basak Augur

I am already on the fence due to the fast unlocks, making it free trade would make the decision for me to not play on it.
  6. Icetea Lorekeeper

Why is that ? free trade will help you keep up with the fast unlocks.
    Zansobar and Crabman like this.
  7. Haak Augur

No.

Mischief was unique, but I wouldn't say it's 'really popular' in the context that it's universally beloved. It filled a niche, for the portion of this community that really digs it. The other portion of this community, that prefers the 'purist' version of EQ have taken the last year off while waiting for something more like traditional. Those voices haven't been as present for some time, but we can't assume that equates to immense popularity for Mischief loot rules (either for random or free-trade). It's good that there's a server where loot is unburdened and flowing (Mischief) while also introducing what the traditionalists prefer so many types of players are catered to simultaneously. Let Yelinak be the safe haven of normalcy sandwiched between the loot pinata and the LLP stuff.
  8. Icetea Lorekeeper

Thank you for your feedback.
  9. Basak Augur

I was never a fan of free trade, that's why I never really spent time on FV and one of the reasons I almost didn't do Mischief/Thornblade, I did only because the random loot intrigued me. I am just not interested in Vaniki and if Yelinak went Free trade I wouldn't do any TLP this year. I do understand the reason people would enjoy the concept of free trade, and I hope they get more free trade servers in the future.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Gonna say nah.

I think Free Trade is an interesting ruleset but that it should not be over-used.

Once Mischief/Thornblade have run their course & either died, become live or merged with FV then maybe do another TLP with it.

Until then, I think 1-2 TLP with it is already enough.
  11. Trox2010 Augur

Have a feeling a Free Trade Server will be one of next years TLP. My guess is they going to try different rule sets until they get 3-4 popular ones and just keep rotating those every other year.
  12. Moforyguy Elder

Care to share what would be so terrible about a free trade server?
  13. Basak Augur

I never said free trade is terrible.
  14. Ariana Augur

As a caveat, when Mischief launched I was very into it. I loved the random loot aspect and being able to trade previously no drop gear to alts/friends or to sell. Having everything tradeable led to some antisocial behavior, though. When leveling I remember being in a good group that was killing plenty of named mobs. We would get something like a DE mask to drop, and the winner would loot, gate, sell, and come back to roll on the next one. Rinse and repeat. I learned to avoid these players, but it was off putting.

I'm very much a mains before alts, need before greed type of player. In some of the pickup groups/raids I took part in, it was offputting to be rolling against alts for my main. Again, maybe this was just who I did these activities with, but it's the first time I really experienced this across many servers, and the new factor was the free trade aspect. I prefer a server that operates on a platinum standard, not a krono standard, and free trade lends itself toward the latter.

Initially I thought that it would be hard to go back to normal loot after experiencing random/free trade, but having done it and based on my own experience it would be hard for me to do it again in the future unless I was going to run my own group.
    Icetea likes this.
  15. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

A level 1 Rallos Zek Shaman with a Skyiron Cudgel, a level 1 Rallos Zek SK with a Greenmist, or an entire zone with a Signet of Service is my answer.
  16. uberkingkong Augur

Seems to be a couple of threads on Yelinak?

I'll ask here.
    What is Yelinak?
    This new server?

So let me say something,
    I checked everquest.com
    I clicked on news.
    I checked EQ forums, TLP section, looked at stickies.

No mention of Yelinak No mention Vaniki

EQ advertising/marketing/notifications team, do better because I don't know how people found out about this and can't find any details in the places that should 100% have this information.

EQ News tab should be showing TLP new, check it out
    EQ forums stickies should be showing TLP new, check it out

Seems like people have to be really at digging and only the people good at digging know about this. Everyone else outside loop no clue. Unless they seen the ad or whatever. The people checking in, waiting to hear the new TLP announcements, checking eq site and the eq forums tlp stickies.

Do better.
    Community, I'd like to know more about servers because the spots I should be able to get this information, there is no information.
  17. Trox2010 Augur

Did you read the Producer's Letter that is posted everywhere and is pretty much all about the new TLP servers?
    Skuz and code-zero like this.
  18. Moforyguy Elder

I agree I was wondering the same thing about not seeing any mention from daybreak about new TLP's on the TLP forums. I saw it on facebook first.
  19. Basak Augur

It's as much digging as the front page of everquest.com
    Tarvas and Skuz like this.
  20. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

WHAT DOES RALLOS ZEK HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING