Tour de WEQ 2022

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Braxan, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Baradorn Lorekeeper

Remember when MS was the 2nd guild serverwide and was bitter at RoI yet ? Is RA planning to follow the same road blaming RoI instead of blaming themselves ? So even if you lost 5 minutes on this on a run, you ended the race 24 min behind. What is the excuse for the 19 other minutes ?
  2. Disgruntal New Member

The owner of the "Tinfoil Hat" left MS.. I'll give you 3 guesses where he landed.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Baradorn Lorekeeper

OMG, I clicked his name on magelo, and I have been really surprised by the result...
    I guess it starts to make sense now, history is repeating, but in another guild and using other people to relay his RoI love lol ?
  4. Bartleby Journeyman

What a terrible Hot take guy. You obviously missed the point of the post on our site. We love ROI, and we make ZERO excuses for coming in second. Our comments on the "reset" were tongue in cheek at the VERY most. (for most of us at least) We literally followed them up by explaining that ROI is literally on a different level. Remember we weren't the ones that came here and tried to change the entire system on which rankings have been made for years like the original poster.
    That said if next year we work hard and set our sites on 1# I'm sure ROI members and leadership would appreciate the challenge, because clearly no one else is making a run at it ;) (This is poking fun in a playful way. don't get your digital panties in a bunch)

As for your post about the "Tinfoil Hat"
    We are "Reckless Ascension" Not "Snobby Ascension" We needed a good Paladin as we only had 1, and guess what? An App Came in. We aren't the kind of people that will be so snobby as to deny a good app because of they said here on the forums. Personally as someone who has been suspended twice on these forums for calling him a C-word? After playing with him for the past month or so I will fight all day long with anyone that says he's not an Asset to a raid/guild as a player.
    Other than ROI because a lot of his Ire was often directed RIGHT AT THEM? I can't imagine why any other guild didn't jump at the chance to have a player like him on their team. Keep in mind, a PLAYER, not a forum poster. 2 different things :)

People make mistakes, people screw up. It's not what you've done, but how you move forward.
    Allayna and MasterMagnus like this.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    So much this.

Lifetime sub - $300
    Month sub - $15
    Choosing to do what you do best - Free
    Staying in your lane and avoiding ForumQuest - PRICELESS
    -----Cinexa----- and Bartleby like this.
  6. Arkanny Augur

Everyone finishes the top tier raid in the same day? Man this game sure has changed. 0.o
    RPoo and Bartleby like this.
  7. quicky New Member

Tin foil or not at least he would have pushed the guild to place better. Funny too that the normal cohort of MS people were quiet this year on forums. Cheating wouldn't have happened under his leadership. Well to be fair if it did he would have kicked the people out. New leadership more worried about ranking than running a guild with integrity (and look at where that got them-cheaters never win). When officers are cheating it sets the tone that this is a guild where blatant use of 3rd party software is allowed. Fwiw, he can be a huge pita on the forums (i left the guild bc of him) but at least he enforced the rules. Maybe MS can get more than a few events done per night so they can start farming loot for all those "boxed" alts.
    Allayna likes this.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

"Cheating wouldn't have happened under his leadership."
    An exploit that was later removed from the game was live streamed by them, and his/their excuse was "we were drunk".

Can we at least leave it at "Sketchy things happened under his leadership in the past. But (as Bartleby says) he's a better person now?"

And why would (December 2021 - 3 messages) post something of this nature?
    Bartleby likes this.
  9. Baradorn Lorekeeper

Nice try rewriting history. The original tone of the post was a bashing at RoI, which is still there in your guild update post, here is a proof with the person that wrote your update, he clearly believed RoI did cheat, before admitting he was wrong here

And this answer on the board came after your guild update.
  10. Bartleby Journeyman

Here's the ACTUAL quote. Like there was a person or two that was unhealthily obsessed with this, I even mentioned earlier in this post that I couldn't believe it was still being talked about. That said? The actual quote makes it clear.

If you can't take Tongue in cheek Ribbing you probably shouldn't be on these boards guy :)

"RoI next leveled it, by running a single toon over, starting the event and then resetting it, which ported the entire raid force across the zone instantly. It was brilliant and it’s one of the reasons RoI is the best guild in EverQuest (for now)"
  11. Baradorn Lorekeeper

Yeah, and what ? this is not what happened, and it's still on your guild update, they didn't reset the event, you can try to convince yourself it was irony, but the posting history remains, he was serious about this when he wrote it, and he realized later he was wrong, see the quoted post I made lol.
  12. quicky New Member

Baradorn,

You do realize you are arguing with one of the people who couldn't get from one an event to the other in the same zone without aggroing multiple mobs. Poor guy can invis/ivu and still needed to fade/fd multiple times.
    Proximoe and Bartleby like this.
  13. Proximoe Elder

Def didnt think RoI cheated anything, and also dont consider the front page to be a bash. I mean maybe Fawn got worked up about it a bit, but when doesnt she come over the top thinking people want to hear what she has to say? Actually spoke with a few RoI to let em know i was ribbing, cause i like a few of em. continue to reread the post on the front page. i did think it was actually pretty funny as written and even empoyed a few extra memes from them to ensure the front page was humorous to all.

You in RoI? or did i offend your guild in the write up down the line that was also meant to be humorous?
    Bahdah likes this.
  14. FawnTemplar Augur

[IMG]
    Jondalar likes this.
  15. Allayna Augur

Congratulations to all those who participated and placed this year. I hope that more guilds continue to push to beat the expansion as well, by whatever metrics everyone wants to measure it.

I'm grateful to have found a guild that understands second chances and I enjoy just being a part of a raiding team and not having to display a certain bravado as the leader. I have friends in ROI and MS and continue to wish them well on their progression.

Personally, I like that someone took the time and effort to look at the race from another angle.

ROI won because they are extremely skilled and dedicated players, I don't think anyone here is debating that.
  16. Bahdah Augur

17. Baradorn Lorekeeper

I'm not in RoI, but I started back playing EQ in 2006 on the Combine server the first TLP server, and i'm proud that this guild that has been created on this server is dominating live raiding content since so long time. I have followed their progression over the years, and I always found hilarious the attempts of some guilds finishing 2nd to downplay their performance. I'm sorry, but from an outsider view, your guild update didn't look humorous, especially when reading reactions of some players probably of your guild on these boards.
  18. The real Sandaormo Augur

Township Rebellion also sits and meds and does loot after each raid on Opening day lol This is not taken into account in your chart!!
    Leex, Proximoe and Ozon like this.
  19. Nudia Augur

The ones in our Discord and that raid with us on alt nights and stuff thought it was funny enough. We got the meme from them.

Lighten up a bit, pal.
    Emilari and Meckwell like this.
  20. quicky New Member

I'm not sure how saying factual things is a violation of terms of service. Rule's are there but not enforced. Like wanting to put someone on performance review but leadership afraid because their spouse might get upset/leave. SO they accept subpar performance because they are married to an officer. Telling people if you use 3rd party software they will be booted; and then 10+ people (including raid leader/officers) all get suspended multiple times and not a single person is kicked out. Meanwhile they won't let other people re app for various reasons that have nothing to do with violating rules or performance. Think it's fair to explain the toxic environment to outsiders so they know what they are getting into (caveat emptor for people considering joining). Rules are set in MS but enforced sparingly/not at all depending who you are/ who you are married to. So far away from when we beat mearates prenerf to the current day was the main point of my post.