Is there credible TLP news? (serious)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by UNDEADCRUSHER, Apr 2, 2022.

1. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

Does anyone have actual credible news on what the new TLP format will be? I see a lot of ideas and such but i want to know if there is any real idea on what they are doing next.

I am partial to team PVP and classic no trade loot.

If they make two servers, one team PVP and one PvE that would satisfy everyone IMO.
    Ginix, Hekkthebank and HekkHekkHekk like this.
  2. Zealot1340 Lorekeeper

I heard that soon you’ll have to pay one krono prior to posting any new thread about TLP formats. Should fix all the problems.
  3. coltongrundy Augur

Frank promised it would be announced in April. It's April and there's no announcement.
  4. Haak Augur

Honestly a PvP server might be the the most effective place for the Mischief ruleset. A glut of gear on a PvE server is excessive, but on a PvP server with item loot enabled it would make both looting and recovering after a loss fairly interesting.
    Hekkthebank likes this.
  5. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

There are a lot more days in April. Patience.
  6. Captain Video Augur

Yes, there is credible TLP news. There will be two new TLP servers launched. One of those will be credible, and the other will be incredible.
  7. Arclyte Augur

It's pretty annoying to see posts asking for EQ PvP, especially with looting. It's like a child asking for brussel sprouts and fish for dinner. Every adult in the room knows they won't like it, and it will just be a waste of time and money.
  8. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

If you make two servers people can pop over to look for a fight when they want and go back when they want to farm hill giants.
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  9. Haak Augur

I'd agree if I had never experienced EQ PvP before. However, once you get a real taste for it, at high level, it's the best MMO PvP you'll ever find. Every other game made the mistake of instancing raid bosses, which are the creme de la creme of PvP goodness. Coin-only though if it's a standard loot rule, but item loot if it's Mischief since that pinata just spits loot out in such large quantities the server would never run out of fodder.
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  10. Protagonist Tank

The only actual announcement is that there will be a new TLP in May. That announcement was made here: https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-2022-roadmap

Anything other than that is speculation, rumors, nonsense, or wishful thinking.
    Soylent likes this.
  11. Houndsy Journeyman

DAoC = Best PvP. Not even a contest.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. HekkHekkHekk Augur

But this child has tasted brussel sprouts and, baby, they are DELICIOUS.
  13. Corydon Augur

This man is right.

On top of that: Why would I want to play on an EQ PvP server when literally everyone is boxing 2 to 6 chars or even a couple groups.
    I am a non-boxer and would never have a good fight.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Stagentti Augur

As others have said - DAOC is better. Not even close.

No one has played EQ PVP in the current environment. Both with QoL changes and class changes as well as mass boxers running around.

The PVP experience people had ages ago isn't going to be what they get now.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Stagentti Augur

Pop over for a fight?

You're going to get immediately destroyed by someone playing mainly on a PVP server if you're splitting time between that and PVE.
  16. Barder-mangler Augur

Server will launch May 25th. That date has historical precedence and Holiday timing on it's side. Unless something specifically forces a delay, it's coming out May 25th.
  17. Protagonist Tank

18. Barder-mangler Augur

Krono bet? I'll give 2x1 odds.
  19. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

Not true. If its item loot and your character is level 15 with an 8 level PVP range you can hunt people in Crushbone or Unrest. I did it all the time even with a zone full of elves you can run in kill someone and run out before the alarm is sounded. Then the only way they can get at you in Gfay is if theres a ranger near by whos willing to track.
  20. rangerous Elder

May 4th 11th 18th and 25th are the release day options.

If we dont get an announcement within the next 48 hours you can pretty much scratch the 4th off since they usually give 30 days in order for people to arrange their schedule.