New TLP request

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by itiswhatitis, Feb 21, 2022.

1. itiswhatitis Elder

If it wasn't true box we wouldn't be having this discussion buddy.
  2. itiswhatitis Elder

Velious - pop are good expansions to spend longer amounts of time on.
  3. EQEnzo New Member

I personally have no interest in any tlp starting before Luclin. There's not enough interesting content, raids are all tank+spank with the occasional AE to joust. We've done it a dozen times, there's no more excitement in getting your epic 1.0 for the 10th time, there are no AA to keep you occupied outside of raids and many classes suffer without them.

These long months in early content are a real snoozefest, and I'd personally like to see a healthy server pop for expansions beyond PoP before everyone gets bored and quits. I could see myself playing on another selo-style server with fast unlocks, ideally with the increased loot drop rates of mischief instead of Selo's 1/2 lockout durations.
  4. jeskola pheerie

start it in TSS and no truebox and I'll take it
    Shui and code-zero like this.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

Love the idea of a TSS start, it's a new era for many people, but not so far ahead like Miragul was that things were too overwhelming.

Neither here nor there on the Truebox thing though, maybe one of each
    Shui likes this.
  6. Hdizzle Augur

The last time they made a TLP with long unlocks they released a new server in the middle of Kunark Lol.
    Nolrog likes this.
  7. Poydras Augur

Why do poeple vote in a certain president then protest about how much they hate him??? In this case, that can be addressed by launching different options at the same time like I said, rather than trying to please everyone with the same ruleset. It's what they're doing after all.

As for RF/LJ, that wasn't planned well in retrospect, but then they can never be sure how big a hit something will be. It was only the second recent TLP as I recall. But we know a lot more know. As I recall there was a big gap after fippy meaning a lot of pent-up interest from all types of players. They made the LJ clone because of the insane queues. Then phinny came soon after but with raid instancing and truebox which very attractive to everyone but especially the more casual players who would want slow unlocks.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

Because the president isnt doing things he said he would do. Also, RF/LJ was a lifetime ago, the TLP crowd has grown a lot since then.
  9. verbatim Elder

Six months of velious would be horrible. 6 months of killing tunare, 6 months of Ntov- why would you want this lol? Two months was more than enough, maybe too much.
    Nolrog and Shui like this.
  10. Risiko Augur

I just can't imagine going back through Kunark and Velious again with a long unlock period. That sounds horrible.
    Shui likes this.
  11. coltongrundy Augur

I learned from Captain Video that it's their game they can do what they want with it so you're not allowed to make any requests.
  12. code-zero Augur

In an interview with Bard McQuaid on the subject of sunsetting games he explicitly stated that he expected people to play EQ about 2 to 4 months and they had no expansions planned at the beginning. That instead they'd already begun designing EQ2 as the sequel

link

In the modern era there's really not even 2 months worth of content in the original game. I can't imagine playing for a couple of years in classic and it's pretty obvious that no one else really does either.

A TSS launch server that had Crescent as the only starting city would likely be a super high energy server, that could be fun
    Shui likes this.
  13. Houndsy Journeyman

I never really played past Luclin. Mostly interested in classic and the first handful of expansions, but it's not make or break for me where a lock is, if there is one, I guess.

My ideal server would prob be:
    - PoP-locked.
    - 2 months from Classic-Kunark, 3 months per expansion after.
    - Slightly faster than Classic XP
    - When PoP goes live, break the population down into three factions.
    - When PoP goes live, introduce a HUGE PvP zone whereby players can PvP to earn something like AA (or "Realm Points" for "Realm Abilities" like DAoC).
    - Add some end-game zones PvP-enabled that are locked to the current dominating PvP faction.

Essentially... Add some fun and spice to end-game. Mostly-optional PvP with several elements of Dark Age of Camelot's RvR system (Realm abilities, Keep sieges, Darkness Falls, Extra end-game zones...)

Prob never going to happen, but I think that would be a lot of fun. I've played EQ PvP, so I know it has some issues. The open-world, few-limits PvP of Red servers is a turn off to many, but I think a more structured environment would allow a much larger group of people to explore and enjoy the PvP side of EQ.
  14. Shui Butai

TSS starting point, 2 to 3 month unlock, FV/Mischief loot rules. Now that might be something to think about.
    Risiko and code-zero like this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They already have a PoP locked server that sounds like it would be a great place for you as they will never do a PvP server as there is no proven demand for one.
  16. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

I can only speak for myself, but starting at TSS, I would want a longer time before the first expac unlock after TSS.
    Shui likes this.
  17. Poydras Augur

Oh I'm pretty sure people are protesting the president doing exactly what he said he would.
  18. Abundant Elder

We just had a bizarre customized server. The only server even remotely acceptable is a phinny-like server or something even more classic and close to real EQ. This is absolutely unfathomable people are requesting another free trade or random loot server. It is the most unclassic ridiculous server ever created. Servers like that are once in a blue moon and absurd with all due respect.
  19. Abundant Elder

We also JUST got Aradune a 2 box limit which limits the number of subs the company gets from a server. Another oddity server which creates a plethora of new issues to GM. We need cheating dealt with. We don't have time for GMs to spend making sure people are playing 1 or 2 characters. Aradune was definitely a mistake and I didn't quite realize the time involved for GMs to go into that so I apologize. We need in house salary based GMing and cheating addressed as the more recent public post by the company addressing cheating addresses. The company will almost certainly choose a server where people can sub 1 char per PC or laptop the way almost every server has been, and has been the most successful business model for the company. We need to understand that anything they can do to keep the game alive longer is also a wise choice. Frankenstein servers are rare, and should not be anything of the norm.
  20. Tanire New Member

what burns me out is when the server changes expansions before i even get to the end of the expansion. i don't have 10 hours a day to play like i did as a teenager. tlps progress too fast for me, the casual adult player.
    tikles likes this.