Is ToL a secret Necro nerf?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Yarmeth, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Yarmeth Journeyman

Got your attention? heh ;)

I'd like some input on two things, Proclamation for Blood and the AA ability Mortifier's Unity.

Proclamation for Blood:

"Afflicts your target with a hungry toxin, causing 31,326 damage. Has a 25% chance of bestowing a temporary damage increase to your damage over time spells or a 1% chance for a damage decrease."

This spell procs:

Defiler's Synergy IV - "Increases the damage dealt by your critical direct damage and damage over time spells by 40%."

And it also can proc: Chaotic Power X: (pay attention here)

"Increase the base damage of 25 level 115 and LOWER damage over time spells with a duration of at least 24 seconds that deal at least 100 damage every 6 seconds by 60 to 190% for 0:01:00."

Proclamation for Blood is a level 120 spell. By the time you are using this why are you also using CoV spells? Well, that was my thought, however I note that when Chaotic Power X procs the counter on the icon does count down. I am not using any 115 level spells (or lower)

So, is this an overlooked typo or is it working off some other mechanic?

Now on the AA Mortifier's Unity. This AA casts the highest rank of Flesh to Venom, Shield of Shadow (lvl 116) and Lunaside (lvl 119) that you have scribed.

Flesh to Venom is a level 109 spell. Why did we NOT get an upgrade to Flesh to Venom in the ToL xpac? Flesh to Venom does not work (countdown) when ToL poison based spells are cast.

So, were these oversights, intentional nerf or the old standby, Performs as intended?

Yarmeth
    aka Drakimeon - lvl 120 Necromancer
  2. Szilent Augur

All just oversights.

You missed one, the AA Funeral Pyre.
  3. zleski Augur

They're known and acknowledged bugs
  4. Darkoon Journeyman

Because if you are using your type 3 augs from CoV, then your dots are doing similar if not more dmg than the ToL dots.
    Currently there isnt much of a reason to use the ToL dots.
    I have the augs and RKIII spells from CoV, they do more dmg for less mana then my RKII spells from ToL.

In my opinion, there isn't much of a reason to use ToL dots, until they put ToLType 3 augs in game.
  5. Yarmeth Journeyman

I've actually parsed out CoV Rank III spells, Tier 3 Raid Gear and all Type 3 augs plus any AA enhancment against my same CoV gear with ToL Rk. II spells and found that the damage was extremely similar with ToL spells being slightly better on average. I chose two mobs in Vex Thall, Va Dyn type mobs. I repeated the process changing out spell sets after each set of two. I performed this for 20 sets for each and parsed the damages using EQ Log Parser. I was surprised with my results because I thought that my CoV setup would kick the heck out of ToL spells. We are just entering T2 ToL raiding so getting ToL gear will take some time which should add more dot time and damage. None the less, I would like to get the two items above fixed. :)

I disagree with your assessment on the ToL dots. I should also mention that I am completely maxed out on all AAs.
    Szilent and Sup Rog like this.
  6. Yarmeth Journeyman

Thanks for bringing that one up. :) But I really only use that AA on raid mobs.
  7. Yarmeth Journeyman

I had not read that they had been reported. If you have a link where DEV has acknowledged it, I would appreciate seeing it. Thanks! :)
  8. Warpeace Augur

That might have been in a beta thread, but they didn't get to the type 3's for expansion launch.
    They didn't get to them 1 month after.
    They didn't get to them 2 months after.
    Maybe next months patch:(
  9. menown Augur

10. Darkoon Journeyman

Pyre of Klraggek RKIII Decrease Hitpoints by 16267 per tick, Mana 16756
    Pyre of Va Xakra Rk. II Decrease Hitpoints by 17945 per tick, Mana 20240

Toss in a
    Irae Faycite Shard: Pyre of Klraggek which increase spell damage by 2440.

Its an obvious choice. And I may not maxed out, but I have the dps AA, maxed.

(Sorry for the fonts, was just copying and pasting from websites.....)
  11. Kazint Augur

It's been discussed a lot lately but each DoT tick does not receive the 2440 damage. You have to divide by the number of ticks + 1. The new spell is the better choice. Just remove your arms or anything that makes your damage random and cast both. The values will make it pretty obvious.
    Yarmeth likes this.
  12. Darkoon Journeyman

So the 2440, is added to the overall dmg of the dot, not added to each tick?
    Wow....Now I have to test this.
  13. Darkoon Journeyman

Ok, I don't use parses myself.
    I use Pestilent Paralysis, and compare how much time is left on the root.
    And there is definitely a difference.
  14. Kazint Augur

So, if the duration is normally 5 it probably does 2440/6 extra damage per tick so like 406 each. But then with your crazy extended duration items/potions you might get 8 ticks worth of damage at 406 and end up with like 3248. But it's still nowhere near enough to match the new spell.
    Yarmeth likes this.
  15. Evurkvest Augur

You also need to make sure you have at least one rank of the ToL focus AA for the spell your testing or your ToL spell will do way less than the ToV/CoV version. Type 3s damage for spells dont add much, duno why ppl are so upset they are not implemented yet.
    Kazint likes this.
  16. Warpeace Augur

This depends on the class I guess. Looking at Paladin Crush of the Grotto rk III spell base damage is 1,371 + 871 from aug = 2,242 total damage and 25,427 agro. Our upgrade on the same timer Crush off the Twilight Sea rk IIproduces more agro @ 30,035 but less damage 2160:confused: .

Realistically agro and damage should have both been improvements over last expansions lvl III spells. I should not need a type 3 aug to just get a bit more dps to make it an improvement over the last expansions spell.

As you stated they don't really add much. But as a Paladin every point of dps counts.

Probably another argument to remove them from game.
  17. Evurkvest Augur

You can't just look at the base dmg of the spell. If you add your AAs you will find that the type 3 dmg is rather small when you look at the whole picture. The type 3 dmg is not added to the base dmg and then amplified by all the AAs.

Do this and compare:
    And i agree, the type 3s should be taken out of the game at this point.
  18. Sup Rog Elder

The only good Type 3's are the ones that extend your spells, like Mage Servant, really. I think the extra damage is before crit, but it's not much.
  19. Beergoggles Elder

You mentioned parsing in group game but you didn't parse using funeral pyre at all which is the biggest issue with using new dots. I only used new dots for 3 raid nights at the start of expansion and noticed a significant dip in DPS, especially when comparing to CoV raid parses. After swapping back to old dots there's really no comparison between old and new dot parses. Old dots in raids are better by a significant margin, and the shorter the fight the more glaring the issue becomes. Even on longer fights it's more than a 120k sustained difference.
  20. ShadowMan Augur

I think you’re missing some focus AA. ToL dots are upgrades over CoV. Everyone’s just stuck in a group bp until they can get a new raid bp.
    Kazint and Szilent like this.