Cannot Reproduce RoS Strikethrough Damage

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Wuvarien, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Riou EQResource

1% per block of 25, we don't know the soft capped values above 4000
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That is not how it works.

Yes, exactly.

The (Riposte) tag means the damage hit is from a riposte. The (Strikethrough) tag means the hit is either a heroic or normal strikethrough. (Riposte Strikethrough) is not "Riposte Strikethrough". It is "Riposte" + "Strikethrough".

It's possible that the recent change broke something to where it is tagging NPC hits as (Riposte) that aren't ripostes, but the (Strikethrough) part isn't wrong.

I'm not sure what you mean by maxing out hdex. The 4000 cap only became a thing when they merged mod2 stats with heroics and it only applied to that aspect. It has (or had at the time) nothing to do with how the heroic bonuses (1% per 25 points) works.
  3. Micker Augur

So Beimeith, you are saying that my SK has a 100% chance to block all attacks because of heriocs? You are also saying that the mobs have such high strikethrough, that they hit me like they normally would if I didn't have the extra heroic abilities? If that is true, don't you think that the combat system is very broken? What the heck is the point of giving a 100% chance to block, then about a 100% chance to strikethrough that blocking mechanism for mobs, why bother putting that in to being with? I'm getting quad strikethrough hits constantly on my end game raid geared SK, by a light blue mob, 4 expansions back. That sounds normal to you?? Not saying it isn't true, but if it is, that is so broken, I don't even know where to start. It is broken either way and needs to be looked at.
    Fenthen and Velisaris_MS like this.
  4. Riou EQResource

The joys of inflating stats in the combat system without knowing what they do :p

and pretty much now it is too late to do a full revamp to fix it so you get this as a bandaid "fix"
    Treage_Imminent likes this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

What would you think would happen when you have a mechanic that gains a small % chance to avoid incoming melee compounded over 20+ years?
  6. Wulfhere Augur

For the past many years, most NPC have top line stats for: accuracy, attack, and strikethrough.

NPC swings rarely miss, their hits are mostly crunchy, their hits always land.

You AC mitigation is roughly 2-5 times your AC avoidance with typical gear. The hardest stat to raise for most classes (enchanters excluded) is AC avoidance. Focusing on Agility and Heroic Agility can achieve some meaningful AC avoidance. Like in the 10% better range because it's the low bar vs NPC stats.

Other then that, combat melee is saturated and has degenerated to simplest terms. I.e it's a broken flat tire.
    Treage_Imminent likes this.
  7. Micker Augur

That's why you make it a % increase of your chance, not a % increase to do the skill. That way you never hit 100% chance to do something. A 100% increased chance, is not the same as a 100% chance to do something. I can't even believe that combat is that broken and they haven't revamped it, what a crappy band aid.
  8. Ratalthor Developer

After investigating this issue, we can confirm the strikethrough is working as intended and is not 100%.