OK here's the word I'm hearing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, Jan 20, 2022.

1. birdsong_pawn Augur

This is the correct thing.
    yepmetoo and Shui like this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Next TLP is teams PVP... you pick either GME or AMC. Ironman rules as well.
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  3. coltongrundy Augur

Well if Rcbauer is saying it, then it's confirmed: It will not be a velious start. It will not have all classes unlocked at start. There won't be a random loot server.
  4. Corydon Augur

You gotta check your ears mate.
  5. Zinth Augur

pretty much the ruleset I have asked for, for ages. call it "no-boxing" and not trueboxing... and the other server for "boxing"

all classes (also zerkers to make Skuz happy), Velious (aka trilogy start) would open up so many great places for lower levels that get zero use since everyone is max level when they open up

forget random loot... bury it... the rest is GREAT
    epics in era? if you start with velious epics ARE in era (they are Kunark so would be live from the start) unless you talk about 1.5 2.0 and 2.5?
    TheBudkai likes this.
  6. Zinth Augur

yeah give it like 3-4 months atleast and then move on with the usual 2-3 months per expansion
  7. Thewiz Augur

I know this subject is revived every year and we all chirp in about it. So i will chirp in and say that a velious start with all classes unlocked on a boxing and non boxing server would be a fun thing. The sort of thing that opens my middle aged wallet.
    Bailen likes this.
  8. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Unfortunately, that would close my wallet. Let's do a classic start with yearly unlocks. Loot random no trade.
    Siah and verbatim like this.
  9. Hirbow Augur

I actually hope they make two servers and of them being a PvP ruleset, so the majority of the toxic players from p99red and TLP's get baited and go there and leave the second phinny clone server in peace :)
    Nighthawk likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm 100% in favour of a PvP server, I just wish there was enough players to justify it being made, which there aren't.
    I would also enjoy some PvP "scenarios" or a PvP "sports game" being added to EQ, something like "Hutt-Ball" from SWTOR but EQ flavoured, or maybe something like Warhammer's "Blood-Bowl" or "speedball" - just please pretend Quidditch never existed.
  11. HekkHekkHekk Augur

A simple ctf variant would be cool.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

PvP sure I got some krono to waste to abuse some 3rd party program madness using warp, speed and ghostkill methods why the heck now would be fun. :D
  13. Arclyte Augur

classic or kunark launch w/ truebox that bans obvious box armies is all I really want

everything else is just icing
    Siah likes this.
  14. Gheed Is not reading your response

PVP server please

Just release it alongside another server. There was "enough of a population" to release Miragul. It really is weird people like Skuz "want" a pvp server but "just know" there aren't enough people to play it.

I wonder how many people played Miragul... hmmm... one guild of 50 including boxes? Literally a 2 box pvp server with 200 characters logged in right now and p99 red with 40. That alone is triple Miragul.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
  15. Triconix Augur

One mistake isn't a logical reason to do an inevitable second mistake
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

First mistake is just to set your expectations for the inevitable second.
  17. Febb Augur

A server where you start in the latest expansion, 3 month unlocks and you have to delevel your way back to classic.
    Lanffear likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

But I do actually know, so too do the devs, so does everyone else who was paying attention the last time a meeting of PvP TLP advocates was arranged, andf it was an abysmal failure then

The offer Absor Made is still very much an open door..

All you have to do is incredibly easy & simple....

If you want to show the devs how many PVP players want a PvP TLP just pick a date & time to all gather up on Zek, it is a completely Free to Play server so it will cost nobody a single cent to show up. The devs were present at the last attempt, they would be happy to be present for another one & perform a player count to gauge interest.

If you can raise enough players to gather together, let's suggest you all roll a brand new level 1 Troll Shadowknight & meet in Grobb and if you somehow, miraculously, gather so many you fill Grobb then start gathering in Innothule too.

Get enough players to show up & you do actually stand a chance of the devs saying - okay there are enough people who want this, we will do it.

But you won't, because you can't, they do not exist.

Prove us all wrong if you can, heck I will roll a toon & log in with you to help, or laugh at your dismal failure.

A TLP can comfortably host 4000 concurrent players, a Live server about half that so it's definitely not an impossible goal to make Zek hit High load & get the devs to make your server.
    Sendori and Treage_Imminent like this.
  19. Arclyte Augur

EQ PvP was a distant afterthought. Anyone with any sense knows this. It just doesn't work and isn't fun.
    coltongrundy and Nolrog like this.
  20. HekkHekkHekk Augur

HoodenShuklak likes this.