TOL Partisan rewards.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Alnitak Augur

Yup, that's why you should have done group progression for 140% of level reward (about 2 weeks of Overseer quests) and not just 4 missions, and you would experience all new zones, new mobs, new game lore, saw all those new and old weird-looking mobs and collect nice tradeskill loot for gear upgrades at 120.

I, on another hand, would prefer mob-killing level experience go to 0% (only AA's earned) while quest experience reward to bump up in some fashion (say, Mercenary (kill) tasks go back to having level experience reward at 0.5%-1% and be repeatable like in older expansions). Something like kill 7 vampires - get 0.5% of the level after hailing the NPC. And not just 6.4% for Mercenary achievement just once.

See, we have different preferences, so we just have to agree to disagree.
  2. Cicelee Augur

He would have done progression, but he is the father of a four month old. Which means priorities have slightly changed for him.

Back in the day, I would have been max level and had progression done by this time. Now with a wife and a six year old, in addition to multiple weekend family trips and holidays coming up (Santa Workshop up North, Christmas, week at Disneyland) combined with 10-12 hour days at the office... I too am relying on overseer far more than I would prefer.

But such is life!
    Maedhros and Yinla like this.
  3. Alnitak Augur

Well, "RL > EQ" is a powerful formula.
    Back in the days I quit EQ, put my child through school and University, and then when stars aligned again I've returned to EQ.
    Yay! Fun time again!
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I’m lucky I still have/had tov and CoV to go. Tov t1 (missions were done) got me to 116/117. Just started working on CoV. I realize t2 missions only give hero. I figure 118 I’ll do ToL to finish me up to 120. The AA does seem small however 1 zelniak in UP gives 1.5aa you need 12 for the merc task. 3 tasks with 12 ish kills =. 54aa plus the merc achievement. Seems almost effortless.
  5. Biltene Kingslayer

Which is a valid reason for altering your playstyle, and/or the amount of time you're able to spend in game. If you're not able to play as much or as frequently as you like, or as other people, that does have consequences.

Maed explained that he had gotten 120 solely off missions and overseer. Knowing him, I surmise mostly because he wanted his limited in game time to be laser focused on acquiring type 5 aug upgrades. That was his choice. He didn't do the progression, even though it's obviously meant to be the primary source of achieving 120, something I'm sure he is keenly aware of, and again that was his choice. He chose the option that worked best for his current life situation. And now, since that quest experience is mostly useless for him, he wants the option to be able to claim enough AA to roughly equate the amount of kills it would take to earn the regular XP, even though that's not an option, nor would I think he would have expected it to be, but who knows?

We could have a debate on whether or not that's a valid request, however, my issue with it would be, if you chose the route that Maed did, and were to get the equivalent AA xp to the amount of regular XP awarded for the achievements, you'd most likely be max AA(if not, definitely max relevant AA) as soon as you finished progression. Some people might think that's great, but I think that would severely decrease the lifespan of the expansion for a lot of players.
    Maedhros likes this.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

The most useless aa line ever!

Andarriel
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I was disapointed to see I can no longer choose my reward from collects, I will be at a point before I finish them that I no longer need the exp or the merc AAs.

Merc AAs seem way out of whack as a reward compared to normal AAs.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Because the merc AAs are based on a percentage of the normal XP your toon gets. Since all levels are now hell levels, the xp percentage reward is A LOT, so the percentage that goes to the merc goes up as well...meaning more merc AAs. There's a noticable jump in merc AA rewards from 110 to 111.
  9. Biltene Kingslayer

You're still getting the AA reward you would have gotten. I'm not sure why you would be disappointed to get the AA+reg xp+merc xp. You're literally losing nothing, and gaining more.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.