TOL Partisan rewards.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Maedhros High King

Not to get into how ridiculous the exp from Overseer is, but I was able to hit 120 by just doing overseer and the 4 missions. I have done ZERO progression because we have a 4 month old child and are in the middle of a house remodel. I don't even think I have killed 100 mobs in the expansion because there is just no time.
    So anyways, I look at the zone partisan rewards and notice that its a massive chuck of regular exp when you complete it but just............................. 18aa.
    I imagine someone who has done the math already could give us some clarity here, but 18aa is just, wow, thats just completely nothing.
    My guess, based on the 100 mobs I've killed in TOL is that it would take approximately 1000 kills to do 12.8% of regular exp at level 120.
    But those 1000 kills would be just a few more than 18aa.
    Need to adjust that AA reward number imo.
    [IMG]
    Shindius, Yinla and Skrab like this.
  2. Alnitak Augur

You need to reevaluate your viewpoint. Patrisan achievement reward is 12.8% of level experience AND 9.6 merc AAs AND 18 AAs.
    Those 18 AA's are just a cherry on top of 12.8% level experience cake.
    A little tip for your effort on top of the main check.
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Should at be worth 1 rank of the Synergy AA line as a reward.
  4. Tappin Augur

It’s fine considering they are using progression tasks to offset the horrible kill exp for levels. The AA exp from mobs is ok as it is.
  5. Elemental Augur

The grind is real I love it already got 8 toons lvl 120
    MageGuy likes this.
  6. Alnitak Augur

As you wish!
    Dear DPG, please replace the current reward for Partisan achievements in ToL with just 200 AA reward, as Skrab requested.

Indeed, replace the reward equivalent to killing 270 ToL trash mobs, with the reward equivalent to killing
    150 ToL trash mobs. Skrab really wants it, so dear DPG, please honor his wishes and even rename Partisan achievements in ToL to Skrab's achievements.

And for those who missed the sarcasm - yes, that was it.
    And to those wanting to get 180 AA in addition to 270 AA they already receive - sense of entitlement much? Do you need participation trophy too?
  7. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You are one very insecure individual. The OP is discussing the reward for completing content. A rank worth of the Synergy line is a pretty fair reward to those that complete it.
  8. Alnitak Augur

Yeah, you are very secure yourself. It takes balls to demand 180 AA in addition to 270 AA you receive.
    Like Richard Gere in The Pretty Woman: "I've invented wanting more!", Or like Richard Geko "Greed is Good!"
  9. Cicelee Augur

The reward for completing content is the XP. I see where someone would want to make the XP and AA rewards equal, but devs have other ideas.

Thing is this- playing the game, whether it be achievements or missions or grinding or overseer, should get you to 120 within a couple months... say 4 months at most for someone who is actively playing. That leaves 20 months to obtain AA. And AA flows easily enough through grinding and collects and achievements that it is not necessary to increase partisan AA rewards.

If the devs came out and said when completing a partisan that XP and AA would be equal weight, then there is an issue. But they have not said that, and they are probably happy with how they have it.
  10. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Keep up with the times, AA inflation in EQ is crazy. Plus, it's not really that many AA relative to modern standards while still making the player feel rewarded.
  11. Alnitak Augur

Can you feel rewarded with 270AA or do you insist on 450AA ?
    And AA inflation or not - 200 AA (1 rank of Synergy) is a "pocket change" these days (2 hours or less, shortened time if bonus exp running). I'll trade 200 AA for 12.8% of the level without blinking.
    My crystal ball forecast - come January we'll see many people with maximum AA's loitering around.
    Including myself, and I do not grind for AA's very often.

And nevertheless, you wanted to get 180 AA tip on top of 270 AA paycheck. Kinda high even by posh downtown restaurant standards.
  12. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Why so much huff and puff over "pocket change" then?
    Shindius likes this.
  13. Maedhros High King

If we could use the number of kills to achieve 12.8% exp, vs 18aa I would counter that a much better analogy is more like going out to a fancy restaturant with a large party and leaving a $1 tip on your $999 bill.
  14. Alnitak Augur

Approximately 260 trash kills to get 12.6% of the level.
    Approximately 14 kills for 18 AA.
    About 5.3% tip, not 0.1% tip in your example.
  15. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Thanks for showing that even 1 rank worth of Synergy would still be significantly below value.
  16. Aneia Master

Most trash mobs in ToL give 0.05% regular XP or 1 AA (without potion, LotD, or RAF bonuses).
    So, 18 AA is equivalent to 18 trash kills,
    and 12.8% regular XP from each partisan achievement is equivalent to 256 trash kills,
    and 6.4% regular XP from each mercenary achievements is equivalent to 128 trash kills,
    and 19.2% regular XP from champion achievement is equivalent to 384 trash kills,
    and 22.4% regular XP from each hero achievement is equivalent to 448 trash kills.

If you leveled from 115.999 to 120.001 by killing trash mobs in ToL alone, it would take approximately 8000 kills. Obviously things like collections and overseer reduce that amount, but at 1 kill per minute it's roughly 5.5 days of continuous killing.

Personally, I did the achievement XP route like everyone else, mostly duo, but teaming up with others for missions and a few zone tasks. It took six days, playing 4-5 hours each night, to finish the champion achievement and hit 120. That's a reasonable amount of time invested for the reward, regardless of the method.

I haven't checked my logs, but I estimate there were 300-500 trash mobs killed while completing missions and champion. This brings me to my point. The regular experience rewards tied to the achievement system are so disproportionately high compared to npc kills that they effectively eliminate npc kills as a viable path to gaining regular experience. If you're killing trash mobs, for whatever reason, it's better to allocate the XP to AA instead of your level bar. My opinion is that achievement XP should be halved and/or npc kill XP doubled to reduce the disparity. Everquest has always been a game about options.
  17. Cicelee Augur

Some deals are BOGO, such as you buy a sandwich you get one free. That is what you are wanting, XP = AA.

Some deals are buy five doughnuts, get one free. That is what is going on with partisan rewards, where XP > AA rewards.

I think that devs want people to play in the content and storyline they created. The incentive for partaking in that is the XP rewards. They probably also hear lots of stories about players being max AA several months into an expansion, so their thought process is that we don't need to boost AA because it flows so freely for most/all.

Just be glad you are 120. Some of us won't be by the January raid date :(
  18. Alnitak Augur

Not exactly accurate estimation. All achievement rewards in ToL combined add up to 260% of the level or so. About 140% short from max level 120.
    All of the CoV collection rewards (opened up from Overseer dispensers since ToL launch and if you haven't collectem them yet) add up to about 60% of the level.
    Still 60% short - gotta grind or do overseer experience reward (which is about 10% of a level per day on average)

ToL questing alone does not bring you to 120. Overseer collections alone do not bring you to 120. Overseer experience rewards do not make you 120 in a week. A player should combine all the availabe methods together.

However, some people demand grinding to be "npc kills as a viable path to gaining regular experience" exclusively.
    It is, it is a viable path. Just not a shortcut. If someone decides to progress by a very inefficient method and complaints about its inefficiency, then it is not a valid complaint. Combine warfare - the direction the World has moved in for almost a century.

In my personal opinion, I would accept it if trash monster killing gives exactly 0% of level experience. AA's only. And leveling done by other means (with some adjustment, of course).
    People will still need AA's and loot and they will still group and grind, meanwhile automated and power-play groups would be affected disproportionally. I am all for it.
  19. Maedhros High King

Not enough overseer bro!
  20. Maedhros High King

Thanks for doing the math.
    Also a 5% tip is very poor.

I'd prefer these quest and mission rewards to be dramatically less, and gain more exp from killing.
    Wish this hadnt become the new standard.
    I really did not get any fun or thrill at all out of leveling on Overseer and 4 missions.