Who broke Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thewiz, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Machen New Member

Unless you mean vendoring the raid gear, that doesn't create plat.
  2. Masror Audacity

Wasn't there a bug that allowed someone to place barter orders for a higher quantity than they have the money for?
  3. Gnothappening Augur

No, I just said it incorrectly. I meant it gathers plat to a single person. It doesn't create platinum in the system, but it does transfer plat to the person selling the item.
  4. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

I just want to add a small bit of info to the Masters in E-conomy on this thread.

Kronos are still worth roughly 45.000pp on Agnarr (the POP locked server), and trade of them is nowhere instant. If the money generated was solely bot farming related, it would also affect that server.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Imagine if you could sell items in stack between two /barter traders and sometimes the stack of items ends up on both sides... I wonder if there was a bug that they fixed recently.
  6. Thewiz Augur

So I started this post jokingly. But come now, what the heck is going on?
  7. superman Augur

your fault thewiz, we blame you !
    Thewiz likes this.
  8. Masror Audacity

Mischief is down again...lol man. I don't even know what to say at this point.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

Wouldn't that either rule out a plat dupe or make it freetrade specific? If someone could easily run around duping plat why not hit all the servers? Sure 4mil or whatever on live doesn't sound cost effective, but 45k on Agnarr shouldn't be much of a hurdle if you can actually dupe it easily.
  10. Puntsize New Member

It's the same guy bots on Aradune that are on Mischief. The same people are responsible. The ones on Aradune have moved to farming spell runes.

He's even using the same merchant names as he uses on Aradune. It pisses off 95% of the server, yet nothing is done. It's kind of ridiculous at this point, as it totally screws the economy, and makes purchasing krono for platinum a lot more difficult for the casual player.

With that being said, it make a whole lot of sense why DBG doesn't do anything about this.
  11. Machen New Member

I don't know anything about whether there is a dupe or not, but I can think of at least a couple possible reasons why a dupe may be possible on Mischief/Thornblade but not Agnarr or other servers. For starters, some dupes historically have been made possible by the character transfer system. Not saying that there is a dupe, but it's possible that if there is, it's only achievable when characters transfer from Thornblade to Mischief. Since you can't xfer to Agnarr, no possibility of a character transfer dupe.

Something specifically related to free trade might be another possibility.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

True, but you can free transfer between live servers too, although I guess itd be alot harder to dupe up 777 krono worth of plat at 4m a pop. There is a hard limit at like a billion plat isnt there?
  13. dentalplan lisa needs braces

Is it even possible via legitimate means for this much plat to exist on a server under 6 months old?
  14. Gnothappening Augur

Depends on legitimate. With bot groups farming seb and then SG yes. But that is assuming they weren't spending it on kr all along.
  15. tollo New Member

the volume of krono being sold on Agnarr is a fraction of what it is on Mischief/Thornblade, and Aradune/Rizlona to a lesser extent.
  16. Deloehne Augur

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the source of this information? The 135K entry in the third column looks very much like the going rate for Kr on Mischief. Since Kr can be transferred across servers, 777 may have been accumulated over the course of several years. I watch bid/ask prices as a matter of interest only, as I have no use for Kr, although having thought about the inflation hedge inherent in owning Kr, I sometimes regret that choice. Nonetheless, to affect that strategy would require buying Kr, which I choose, as a matter of playstyle, not to do.

Just as an aside, it would be very hard to monetize that many Kr in any reasonable amount of time on Mischief without hammering the bid/ask.
  17. Lemerian Elder

The screenshot is from a buyer. That means they had a hundred million plus in plat to be able to put that offer out there.