Who broke Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thewiz, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Thewiz Augur

2. Aiona Augur

It was going so well, too! (for me, at least haha)
  3. Achillez Elder

People that magically have over 100,000,000pp broke Mischief.

[IMG]
    Punchu, Zott and HoodenShuklak like this.
  4. Achillez Elder

Also just for fun to throw into perspective what it would take to generate 100,000,000pp at this point in the game.

If you killed every single mob in Sirens Grotto (slightly over 100 total) on every 20 minute spawn cycle, 24 hours a day non stop - it would take approximately 400 days to generate 100,000,000pp off of vendored loot from mobs.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

"BuT mOrE StaR RUBiEs ARe drOpping!"
  6. Gnothappening Augur

Where do you get your numbers from? I avoid SG other than to move through it so I have no idea on the drop rate and stuff. Also, are they still running 12 picks of SG? That would cut it down from 400 days.
  7. Achillez Elder

I cleared it on live and tallied the results. I think 1 clear was 105 mobs, 400pp in plat loot and 2900pp in vendor loot if my memory is correct (I posted these stats on a thread that had since been deleted). While I guess you can say 1 clear is not completely indicative of what you will make every time, but it's at least ballpark. Just to test Mischief, I also killed a few mobs on my ranger and loot is not much different (other than named of course, which as a whole do not sell for much at all to vendors).

What's your excuse as to how 1 person is openly flaunting they have over 100M by buying 777 krono at 135,500. Think it's just coincidence the price of krono jumped from 95k to 140k this week? Maybe GIG distributed their loot again and that caused it....
  8. Gnothappening Augur

I may be working from a false premise. I thought the post was made to suggest duping. While duping is a possibility, I was suggesting an alternative such as them having 6+ picks on autopilot farming 24/7. I don't know how many picks of SG are open because I don't go there. But if it is like prior servers, there would be 10 picks with 12 bots in each one, farming 24/7. That cuts 400 days down to 40 days using your numbers for amount of plat produced.
  9. Gnothappening Augur

One huge issue is that there is unlimited plat coming into the system and very little going out of the system. EQ is old and there just aren't any good plat sinks on TLPs. If the bazaar charged a % of sale price, that would help. But I honestly can't think of any way to fix inflation with more money constantly being printed every time we kill a mob. Not without rewriting core parts of the game.
  10. theonetheonly New Member

I don't recall seeing that many sirens picks open on this server. Besides, I'm sure they wouldn't sit on 100million or more platinum. People tend to try not to sit on huge quantities of plat for this very reason (uncontrollable inflation), so my suspicion is that anyone who is would be up to no good.

Even a week or more of Greed is Good raids does not produce this much platinum based on the numbers they shared recently.
  11. Gnothappening Augur

I really hope there isn't a dupe exploit. I don't like botting but even that would be better than duping.
  12. Achillez Elder

Well, to dig into this a little (we'll even discount the observation that there are only ever a few picks up of SG on Mischief which I also have seen) and explore this possibility. Someone posted a video of the SG botter once warping while killing, and during the 5 1/2 minute video with their group, they killed 3 mobs total. Lets say this group was actually slacking in the warping video, and has the ability to kill 1 mob per minute in SG.

If you botted each group killing 1 mob per minute you would need at least 5 groups to clear the 100+ mobs in the zone on the 20 minute spawn cycle, which is 30 toons total. Now let's spread this across 10 instances, you would need 300 toons total clearing mobs to keep up with clearing all instances on the 20 minute spawn cycle.

So yes, potentially 50 groups of boxed toons (300 boxes total) each killing 1 mob per minute in 10 instances of SG, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 40 days straight without any downtime or failure would net around 100,000,000pp of pure plat/vendor loot. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  13. Gnothappening Augur

They usually put 12 toons per instance. I have seen as many as 120 guys spread out over instances. It may not be easy to find, but someone posted a screenshot once of like 10 instances of SG having 12 people in each one. They then went to a few of them and they were bots.

I'm not saying duping isn't possible. But I really want to believe it is botting instead of duping. Botting is finite, duping is infinite. Botting, while it sucks for us, at least keeps the lights on. Duping doesn't help keep the lights on and also drives away players.
  14. Achillez Elder

Well if you come from the viewpoint of "I really want to believe" I guess it's kinda pointless to show statistics that may disprove the claim. Can't persuade a believer of anything using facts.
  15. verbatim Elder

We're well on our way to FV krono prices. :)
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Botting does drive away people from a server, just like duping if their efforts to gain gear becomes insurmountable due to high prices people will leave.

The issue has always been the game company does nada to fight the botters. So everyone starts to join the bots to gain plat / gear / krono. Why not right? DBG won't ban you for virtually anything.
  17. Gnothappening Augur

I never said duping isn't possible, I am just saying it isn't the only possibility.

Other possibilities are people coming from Thornblade with a fat stack of plat to buy gear due to TB having a lot less gear for sale. Another thing that produces plat are botters doing raids and selling the raid gear. It is possible that there is a dupe glitch, but hopefully there isn't.
  18. Achillez Elder

Thornblade has the exact same ruleset as Mischief but less players. Less players meaning less people to produce platinum. The opposite is actually happening where Thornblade is transferring items over to Mischief to be sold as Mischief has more platinum and more buyers. As stated many times, killing raid mobs and selling loot does not produce platinum, it redistributes existing platinum. Raid loot does not sell to vendors for platinum, group mobs that drop straight platinum, gems, or other valuables that vendors buy produces platinum.
  19. SecondStage New Member

So then why hasn't Krono been ridiculously inflated on past iterations of TLPs, if that's the case? SG picks on Mischief are at some of the lowest I've ever seen on a TLP, yet we've gone from 30k Krono to 140k Krono in the span of about 6 weeks.

If your theory is correct and it's just, "LOL LOOK AT ALL THOSE SGers!!", why hasn't inflation hit past TLPs this hard? In before..

"People just sat on 100,000,000pp in the past, but now that raid gear is sellable, obviously they're just plat dumping!!".
  20. Gnothappening Augur

Once again, I'm not saying it isn't possible that someone is duping.