Mouse Wheel Zoom Not Working

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mosharie, May 4, 2017.

1. Mosharie New Member

I am having an issue with the mouse wheel. Specifically, normally when I am in first person view I can use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out when in first person perspective to obtain a third person perspective. I have tested the mouse wheel scrolling in Windows and it works fine so it's something in Everquest. I also checked the mouse settings in options and Mouse Look, Mouse Wheel Zoom and Turn Zoom Camera are all selected. Does anyone have any idea how to fix please?
  2. Brudal Augur

Are you using the new quest overlay? Using the mouse wheel when in the box surrounding only impacts the overlay. Try moving the pointer out of the overlay to see if that resolves the issue.
  3. Gorkeyah New Member

I just had that problem. It was working. Then it wasn't. I restarted EQ and it was working again. When it wasn't looking to zoom in and out, it still could scroll chat windows, and it worked it the rest of windows.
  4. Lenolian New Member

You may have inadvertly switch camera mode (default hotkey is F9). Most camera modes are fixed position so mouse wheel no longer work.

Try switching again several times until you get back to the free camera mode.
  5. Baliaan New Member

Mine will scroll for anything outside of eq but when in game I can't scroll out of first person which I hate playing in lol. It worked one day then didn't the next. Everything in options is checked and so forth.
  6. Zipon New Member

I can not scroll or use vendors or bank, they will not open.

I box and one toon is working well and the other is not.

I play in Window mode, when I change to full screen everything works fine. I do not want to play in full screen mode. Maybe I have a setting wrong, did the F9 thing but not work.

Please help.
  7. svann Augur

Reinstall your window.
  8. Xeris Augur

Bumping this up -- I am having the same issue. I have a mouse and I can't use the mouse wheel to go to 3rd person. I do not have this problem on any PC #1 or Laptop #1, just Laptop #2 it doesn't work.

Anyone actually have this problem/have solved it? Mouse wheel works everywhere outside of everquest.
  9. Froger Lorekeeper

Did anyone find a fix for this? Same issue on one of my laptops would love any input.
  10. Nekk Augur

Have you pressed F12?
  11. Lexchess New Member

12. CrazyLarth Augur

I had that issue once I just replaced my Mouse and it started working for me.
  13. Twink New Member

I've been having this problem on my lap top and it's driving me crazy. It used to work. The same mouse works on my main PC, it just stopped scrolling on my lap top. I've tried disabling the mouse pad as suggested. I've swapped to another mouse. It doesn't scroll for anything not just first person zooming (I.E. chat box scrolling or map zoom in and out) I've rebooted, updated drivers, uninstalled reinstalled mouse.
  14. whoop New Member

Do you have a mouse physically connected to the computer that won't zoom with the mouse wheel?
  15. Aeromen Master Looter

reinstall windows? are you a total 1d10t? Dont tell people to reinstall the complete OS just for a failure within a program...
  16. CrazyLarth Augur

I think I had that issue once I just went and got a new mouse.
    Things wear out.
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

My fingers are a bit stiff today and my back and knees are sore...

Oh, I am screwed.
    Barton likes this.
  18. gulbinator New Member

so i am having a similar issue. When i am in free camera mode i can scroll backwards out of first person, BUT it is only scolling about half the distance it used to. Yesterday it scrolled all the way out for a few hours and then again it was only letting me go half. Am i inadvertently pressing a button? it is driving me nuts ! help is appreciated.