Still Relevant in CoV

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MischiefTLP, Aug 24, 2021.

1. MischiefTLP Augur

What's the earliest by expansion spell/song/disc still relevant to your class?
  2. Cicelee Augur

Not sure I understand the question, but if you are asking the lowest level spell/AA that is used at level 115...

Magician call of hero, level 55

If that is not what you are asking, then I am confused and I apologize.
    Accipiter and Yinla like this.
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

For rogue burns (and correct me if I am wrong), one of our skills is Twisted Chance (level 65, LDoN), followed by Frenzied Stabbing Discipline (level 70, Omens).
  4. MischiefTLP Augur

Earliest by expansion that is still relevant in CoV, so Classic, Kunark, Velious.... CotH is Kunark but you do not cast the 55 spell. What expansion for those Rogue discs?
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

I edited my post with the expansions :)
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Bard level 30 song- Amplification
  7. Alnitak Augur

Most, if not all, classes still use spells/skills/discs from RoF and CoTF since those were discontinued/replaced later one. Group CoTH for mages, Shared Merciless Ferocity for Beastlords, Brutal Discipline for zerkers, almost all swarm pets for non-pet classes come from CoTF.
    Some classes use some spells/disciplines coming from as early as Luclin (BST Protective Spirit Discipline lvl 55 for example) which never been upgraded
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I feel like someone doesn't want to do research.

But generally the most useful spell is Gate, level 4-5, for casters. Sure, there's an aa ... but Gate AA fails far too often and the aa refresh is atrocious (for a level 4-5 spell).

The sense spells (dead and animals) were used in GD mission when folks didn't have a tracker and those are low level.

All tanks have discs from the Kunark era that they use (Deflection and Fortitude being chief among them). And most (all?) melee still use discs in their rotations from GoD and prior (65 and under).

The better question to ask is ... for each class, which spells have never received an upgrade in levels 111 to 115. That would tell you what you needed to make sure you went back and got.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

level 85 Seeds Mag/Dru/Wiz Twincast
    level 84 Seeds Enc Twincast Aura
    RPoo, Svann2 and Yinla like this.
  10. quakedragon Augur

Twincast aura?

Learner aura hasn't been upgraded too.
  11. Ozon Augur

Harm Touch lvl 1
    Aneia likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Bind affinty - level 14 classic.
    Invis and IVU but these have AAs now also.
    RPoo and Ozon like this.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

/bonk self

I've seen you make reference to this before and I always forget it. I see Amplification is a Luclin spell. We just entered Velious on Mischief so I have some time to get it right this time.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Shadowknight level 70 spell Theft of Hate. It's 120ish attack gain for the group.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  15. Hardtry New Member

Deflection for paladins is good in CoV level 60.
  16. Lubianx Augur

SK Harm Touch and Pally Lay on Hands, both level 1
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

Stacks with everything except shaman/beastlord stuff. I use the clicky BP all the time.
  18. MischiefTLP Augur

Group CotH and Bind Affinity are AAs, HT/LoH is an ability like Backstab or Flying Kick as far as I know and really specific uses like a Cleric tracking the only SK/Nec mob in a zone by casting Sense Dead to find it's pet isn't something I consider relevant. Earliest by expansion, I don't care what Level it is.

Bard - Luclin, Amplification
    Cleric
    Paladin - Seeds, Deflection
    Shadow Knight - Omens, Theft of Hate
    Warrior - Kunark, Fortitude

Berserker - Gates, Ancient Cry of Chaos
    Ranger - LDoN, Twisted Chance
    Rogue
    Shaman

Beastlord - Luclin, Protective Spirit Discipline
    Druid - Seeds, Twincast
    Monk

Enchanter - Seeds, Twincast and Learner Aura
    Magician - Seeds, Twincast
    Necromancer
    Wizard - Seeds, Twincast
  19. Lubianx Augur

If you want to just stick with spells and discs.
    For a pally, Holyforge Disciple - level 55 Velious (according to ZAM)

Also a couple of misconceptions. Group CoTH is a spell. Single CoTH is a spell and an AA.

HT and LoH are activated AAs, not automatic like backstab.

If you are talking about specific uses, quite a few of those you lists are also specific uses (a warrior wont use Fort unless he has too many mobs to handle)
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Tucoh Augur

Warrior taunt, level 1. Not a disc but come on, warriors want to play this game too. Otherwise furious discipline, level 56.