Plane of Growth trash dropping Vulak Loot needs to be fixed ASAP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JohnnyBgood, Aug 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MischiefTLP Augur

Kunark you had 11.5 mobs with similar loot tables, Faydedar's loot table was tinkered with during the expansion. 6 of those mobs required a considerable keying effort so a "casual" guild probably killed 3.5 mobs with top tier loot per week (VS, Tal, Sev, Fay) and maybe joint raided with another "casual" guild to get 2 more mobs per week (Trak, Gore).

Then you had another tier: Drusella, Chardok Royals, Dark Elves in Kith, Ragefire and probably some other Epic related mobs. This tier is mainly Epic drops, along with the Urn for the Spirit Wracked Cord and Cleric Gloves most notably.

Plane of Growth has 16 mobs which can drop almost any piece of raid gear from Velious, around 12 of which are roughly the difficulty of the Drusella tier. Then you also have most notably West Wastes and around 100 raid mobs in the expansion.
  2. Crabman Augur

Literally the only thing I'd like to see is for fear 1.0 stuff to stop dropping in Velious. Woushi to Vulak to PoG minis to AoW... I dont really care. But please just let it be Velious loot and not classic loot. When we were in ST 2.0 around midnight last night every mob we killed we just kept praying for no more classic loot. And just about every mob had some puppet strings or a dawnfire on it... Feshlak loot, great. Woushi, not great but thats mischief. Zland, heh thats funny to get an ST key in ST. All of those point to "hey, thats mischief". But classic loot just kinda sucks the life out of you...
    Dono27, Aelfwine and Froger like this.
  3. Gnothappening Augur

Almost every post in favor of keeping it the way it is comes down to, "I don't want to put in the effort to form a successful raid guild, but I want the best loot."

Here is an idea, keep the loot as random but remove AoC's so that people are competing for loot again, rather than going to their bread line to be given some loot. I think that would be a great compromise. Then everyone would have a shot at everything like they want, but there would still be a sense of accomplishment because people would be competing.

EDIT:

Funny thing is, I'm arguing against what is best for my own toons as I could easily down POG mini's with the help of a friend who also boxes. Why? Because I think there should be some challenge to the game and a certain amount of risk vs reward.
  4. HekkHekkHekk Augur

The server has been a bread line since the beginning. No one is there to compete for anything. Don't kid yourself.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So what about the prechange Warders?

Can we get their loot added to some raids?
  6. Sunriver Journeyman

All these things are available on a variety of other servers.

People don't want to compete in open world for spawns (and you kid yourself if you think it will be anything but the top OW guild gobbling everything). They want to be able to get good loot with the people they are able to group/raid with. I don't think it would be good for the game for there to be no time investment vs reward, but risk only happens when the raid is small. As someone else mentioned, there's literally no risk in a 72 person raid -- it's all reward.
    Faydark and Kahna like this.
  7. Elite_raider Augur

So your idea of forming a "successful" guild is getting 72 warm bodies so you can steam roll any encounter with no skill? I think most of us disagree with you on what defines success
    Lemaitre and Kahna like this.
  8. Kahna Augur

On both the "Sense of Accomplishment" scale and the "Risk vs Reward" scale.

Killing Woushi with 10 people > killing Vulak with 72.

Do tell me where the risk is in killing Vulak with a full raid these days?

This was a chance for the devs to create a server with a different meta. One where small guilds were more beneficial than large ones. I know that has never been the way of EQ, but why can't it be for a single server? No one is asking for this to be changed on every server, but what is so horrid about playing EQ in a different way? Think outside the box. Shake things up more than, "will this dragon drop one of three mob's loot tables?" Take some risks. If everyone hates the "bread line loot" then they would leave the server and they can go back to the same old same old, but if people enjoy being able to play an old game in a fresh way then they will stick around. I know which one I am betting on.
  9. Atomos Augur

Please stop acting like Everquest has any amount of challenge. If you cared about challenge you sure as hell wouldn't be playing Everquest, especially during the easiest part of the timeline. After you come to terms with the fact there is no difficulty in the first place, try figuring out what your real argument is, and then maybe present that instead.

Look at all these people who chose to play on a server where casual nobodies can get the same loot as the ones who don't exist outside of Everquest, and then gets upset when the casual nobodies can get the same loot as the ones who don't exist outside of Everquest.

Honestly have to question why some people even play when they will do whatever they possibly can to never be satisfied with anything.

It is Mischief. Sometimes you should kill Avatar of War and get garbage. Sometimes you should kill Lodizal and get amazing loot. The whole point is that there is so much randomness and such a wide pool of items that you could kill one easier mob and get harder to obtain loot. But you could also kill something harder and get easier to obtain loot. The keyword is could. You're not going to get crappy loot every time and you're not going to get good loot every time. That's the way it was meant to be. It really shouldn't matter if a few of the easier kills are dropping harder to get loot SOMETIMES. If that is happening all the time or too often, then we have a problem.

I've always agreed with a tier based system for Mischief BUT I also don't think there should be very many tiers. Probably just 2 is fine. If you cared that AoW loot is dropping on something easier to kill then you are playing on the wrong server in the first place.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

No, but pretty much anything can be done with 54, and a lot of targets don't take that many.
  11. Gnothappening Augur

VULAK COUGARS!!!!!
  12. Kahna Augur

You never did say what was "difficult" about killing Vulak. I am willing to bet that many a newb has put forth more effort to kill those cougars than folks have to kill Vulak. But if the slippery slope logical fallacy is your only argument fine by me.
  13. Gnothappening Augur

I can't kill vulak yet, so for me it is very difficult/impossible. Best me and friends can do is about 24 toons between us.
  14. Siah Elder

I'm gunna play devil's advocate here, since I don't play on the server and don't really care what happens one way or another. But after reading this entire thread, if all mobs shared 1 loot table then what would ever be the point to kill the harder mobs in the expansion? You could just perma-farm Vindi and Zlandi, or perma-spawn Dain.. No one would wanna bother ever clearing NToV to spawn Vulak.. Or perhaps later expansions like PoP.. Who would care about getting time keyed and killing Quarm when you could just kill Grummus and get Quarm loot, or to work your way all the way to Quarm(even though its incredibly easy) to just get Grummus/Carprin loot... I honestly don't care what happens either way but just thought I'd point that out..
  15. theonepercent Augur

Because the more mobs you kill the more chances at good loot you get. And I know this will be hard for some people to believe but there are people who actually enjoy raiding and want to kill those bosses for fun.
  16. Kahna Augur

Because you can only kill so many mobs in a non-respawning instance and every mob you kill is another roll of the dice. Vindi or Zland are just as likely to give vindi or zland loot as they are Vulak.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There is a 5 level spread that shares loot tables, well there is until Monday. Then who knows what Ngreth has decided on .
  18. Elite_raider Augur

You are forgetting, since it is random, you may just get Grummus loot when killing Grummus, that is why you still need to kill all the mobs to increase your chance of getting the good loot. It just gives the smaller guilds a "chance" at good loot from the mobs they can kill as well.
    theonepercent and Lisard like this.
  19. Hythos Augur

People who don't raid, are not any more likely to raid.
    To say *anything* about killing Vulak (honestly, I have never seen Vulak, so I have no idea who/what it is, and I have *redacted* years playtime across my accounts) is irrelevant, yet alone saying anything about whatever quarm is. For people like me, there'd be some enjoyment to doing more, seeing more, getting something more than the same loot to be had from at a maximum, group-mobs, on live servers.

Some of us have played since 1999, and have to listen or read about all the cool/fun stuff other people get to do.

Was it not the entire purpose of something like these two servers to allow more people to experience what the game had to offer?
  20. Triconix Augur

Not really. You can easily 2 group Grummus. Just split the raid into 10.
    Siah likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.