Plane of Growth trash dropping Vulak Loot needs to be fixed ASAP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JohnnyBgood, Aug 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahna Augur

I for one am less than overjoyed to be playing some random player's vision of what the mischief server should be. (No offense Bobbybick, but the Devs shouldn't need you to figure out how to design their own game).

Thanks for ruining the uniqueness of the server.

Guess now I am going to have to join yet another 72 man guild just like every other server and enjoy boring evenings listening to people I hardly know prattle on about random garbage while we faceroll the content.
    Lemaitre likes this.
  2. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

I just don't see it. You're still going to have more Abashis (to continue to use the same example) than any server ever has before. And the PoG minis will probably still be a great place to get OP loot. It's an incremental change to prevent things from going full wacky shack.
  3. Kahna Augur

I dunno about you, but I signed up for full wacky shack. Not Mischief, but only kinda.
    Lemaitre likes this.
  4. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

If there were some kind of randomization code involved, so that the wacky shack locations would alternate every few days, then I would love to see Abashis raining from the sky.

If it's just going to be in one place, though, I really don't want to be on the server where it's just a bunch of camping nonstop at arbitrary locations because that's where the devs happened not to look too closely at what the random loot code would do.

In other words: I only want wacky shack if it's full-on wacky shack. (As in, every zone's a possibility, things could change at any moment.)
  5. SkieWynd New Member

Yea, we get it. Players that only care about min/maxing loot efficiency pair extremely well with developers that only know how to conform to RvR that someone else designed. Neither of those things addresses FUN. This server had the unique characteristic of rewarding players that went out and did things that they enjoyed, rather than forcing themselves to do things they hate so they could maximize loot. It didn't take it to the extreme, but Kunark was an awesome window into an entirely new way to have fun playing the game, and you're arguing that the game should only be about figuring out the fastest way to get the most, best loot.
    Lemaitre and Polekn like this.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You seem like you're pretty invested in ways people get the "best loot" versus fun. I mean, really, if you're having fun on the server this won't change that. If your only fun was in farming best in slot loot off of joke mobs, then I guess your fun was slightly lessened. Its not the end of the world.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  7. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Hekketh1:21, “Naked came I out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord of Mischief gave, and the Lord of Mischief hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Bristlebane."
    Duder likes this.
  8. SkieWynd New Member

Getting good loot allows you to progress on to more challenging things with fewer people. This server allowed a fewer number of people to do things they couldn't do before because they had access to rewards that are usually reserved for harder content. So week one you could only kill Wuoshi and Lodizal and some PoG trash. Then week two you could do all of that, and jump in and kill a couple mobs in NToV. Then week three Derakor and Statue and Idol go down. Then week four you can try things like Tormax and Dain and Yelinak. It allowed for people to actually have fun in a new way - not the exact same way that every other TLP has gone (i.e., join a huge guild w/ a bunch of random people and faceroll content in the exact same way it's been done for a decade now).
    Faydark likes this.
  9. Sunriver Journeyman

Yay, an EQ addict and hardcore raider who only plays in the top OW guild on every server he plays on decided what was best for the game. As usual, the interest of casuals gets the backseat.

This is a guy who flipped loot constantly from all the OW targets his guild hit and entered Velious with one million plat. Wonder why he'd want to keep the loot rare...

I'll reserve judgement on the specific changes until I see them but I'm not hopeful if that spreadsheet is the guide. Can't wait to have a bunch of symbols and no tears, heh. If hard tiers must be a thing, having only two would have been better than this excessive stratification.

My suggestion for further expansions: Weighted chance tiers instead of hard tiers, with tier floors.

So, tier 4 has a 5% chance of a tier 1 drop and increases some for each tier. But tier 1 couldn't have any loot lower than tier 2. Still maintains "balance" but allows for the excitement of something great for the lower targets.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

I'll use the example that so many New Members are using. Let's extend it to the logical conclusion and have Vulak loot drop off of snow cougars in Iceclad Ocean. I mean, I'm sure that person soloing cougars is working just as hard as the two people killing Lodi or the 72 killing Vulak. Right?

Risk vs reward is there for a reason. When there is no risk, rewards lose all gratification. Why do you think they added things like MOTM and such to raid mobs? If anything, I think a large portion of the community would like it if everything were harder, especially raid mobs.
  11. HekkHekkHekk Augur

I don't think anyone playing on Mischief wants to do anything hard.
    Yinla and Gnothappening like this.
  12. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Uh, no. What I said was that I wanted it to be so random that it would not reward try-hards.

Jesus Christ, the internet has really ruined reading comprehension.
  13. Kahna Augur

I was the one suggesting that, and I am far from a new member.

Also, there is so little risk in this game for a 72 man raid it is laughable, and yet they get all the rewards.

Taking on raid mobs with a small force is high risk, far higher risk than taking on raid mobs with 72 people, they most certainly earned the loot. Now to earn Vulak loot I have to join a guild and participate in a far lower risk fight. A boringly lower risk fight. I can't remember the last time I was in a TLP raid guild that wipe to anything and I was in some pretty middle of the road guilds.

Random is supposed to be random, why homogenize it and make it more of the same old thing? Where is the fun in that?
    Lemaitre likes this.
  14. Gnothappening Augur

They said from the beginning that there would be tiers of loot. Also, using random is supposed to be random, I should get Vulak gear off of the cougars.
  15. Kahna Augur

No, they never said there would be tiers. They said raid mobs of similar level would share loot. That leaves out the cougars.
    Faydark and Yinla like this.
  16. suinegEQ Elder

No they said same levels, tiering isn't the worst way to do it but level was said not tier.
    Faydark and Yinla like this.
  17. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

Killed our first ancient, almost all fear loot, feelsbadman, also a couple zlandi things.
  18. Phabled Lewts Rodd

Seriously, all this garbage Fear loot out of Sleeper's Tomb? This needs to get fixed:

[Fri Aug 20 23:12:14 2021] Kildrukaun the Ancient has been slain by Constantine!
    [Fri Aug 20 23:13:01 2021] --Crabby has looted a Black Marble from Kildrukaun the Ancient's corpse.--
    [Fri Aug 20 23:13:01 2021] --Crabby has looted a Cracked Claw of Zlandicar from Kildrukaun the Ancient's corpse.--
    [Fri Aug 20 23:13:02 2021] --Crabby has looted a DawnFire, Morning Star of Light from Kildrukaun the Ancient's corpse.--
    [Fri Aug 20 23:13:02 2021] --Crabby has looted a DawnFire, Morning Star of Light from Kildrukaun the Ancient's corpse.--
    [Fri Aug 20 23:13:03 2021] --Crabby has looted a Flawed Chrysolite from Kildrukaun the Ancient's corpse.--
    [Fri Aug 20 23:13:03 2021] --Crabby has looted a Monsoon, Sword of the Swiftwind from Kildrukaun the Ancient's corpse.--
    [Fri Aug 20 23:13:04 2021] --Crabby has looted an Opalescent Black Dragon Scale from Kildrukaun the Ancient's corpse.--
    [Fri Aug 20 23:13:04 2021] --Crabby has looted a Primal Black Dragon Fang from Kildrukaun the Ancient's corpse.--
    [Fri Aug 20 23:13:05 2021] --Crabby has looted a Slime Blood of Cazic-Thule from Kildrukaun the Ancient's corpse.--
    [Fri Aug 20 23:13:06 2021] --Crabby has looted a Soul Leech, Dark Sword of Blood from Kildrukaun the Ancient's corpse.--
    [Fri Aug 20 23:13:22 2021] --Mini has looted a Frakadar's Talisman from Kildrukaun the Ancient's corpse.--
    [Fri Aug 20 23:13:36 2021] Constantine grabbed a Puppet Strings from Kildrukaun the Ancient.
    [Fri Aug 20 23:13:38 2021] --Constantine has looted a Puppet Strings from Kildrukaun the Ancient's corpse.--
  19. Kahna Augur

All these people coming to a random loot server and complaining when the loot is random.
  20. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

Complaining when the loot is 2 expansions old is different than complaining about it being random.

But thanks for coming out
    Faydark likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.