What QOL things would you like to see added to EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gyurika Godofwar, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Or if we're never getting rid of / seeing improvements to purity augs that arent +5 sometimes, move those mods to slot 13's as a secondary effect.

We're probably due for an easier-to-obtain benchmark (tradable currency obtained) slot5 Aug that isn't TBM.

Fish scale deconstruction. The number of subcombines it takes to get to the usable piece is still so awful. Going through 40 stacks of fish over the course of 18 hours (and thats when autocombine isn't stopping every 3-6 combines) to have so few combines in the end is still awful.

It actually works really well in that game.

You are always considered to be 50/160, and all gear at your level scales to the stats they would be at that level, with gear under your level scaling down.

It makes one of the most consistent ways to level going zone to zone collecting skyshards, so you arent having to always go low level to high level zones and spending days at max level having to collect those to have a functional build.

You also never totally overpower a zone until you have CP, at which point you start massively overpowering open world stuff.

Its a pretty awesome system.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Won't anyone think of the fishing grubs?
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Awesome idea but it'll have to be right after /starbucks.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

This one won't make the cut, but it always annoys me when as the group leader I accidentally disband myself. Usually it's when trying to disband someone else, particularly an offline player. Maybe a confirmation box.
  5. Stymie Pendragon

If EQ where to do it anything like WoW I can say it really isn't fun. Levels may as well not exist at all in that game. From 1 to max it's all pretty much the same hp sponges. I haven't tried ESO though so maybe they do it well. I'm skeptical since level scaling can be very hard to pull off while still making levels feel meaningful.
    Joules_Bianchi and Skuz like this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Some players like it others don't, it's really very hard to get away from levels and still have meaningful player progression even though levels present their own issues - like EQ has with catching up to the main population - Funcom's The Secret World is where they tried making a game without levels but its skill system is just levels under another system really & in ESO even though players may be scaled to the same level the veterans are substantially more powerful than the acolytes and some of the content is just going to smush actual lowbies.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Angahran Augur

Take the 'other' filter out behind the barn and shoot it, then burn the body and spread the ashes over separate bodies of running water!
  8. Angahran Augur

Add a confirmation option to the 'mail to owner' for housing items.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

'Trophy' item type filter for item find to locate placeable tribute trophies.
  10. Ravanta Suffer Augur

#1 There could be a customizable color for the character name for people in your own guild. We have blue, purple, and red for players, yellow for mercs, and if I remember correctly green for gm's. The visual spam from keeping /shownames 3 on to display guild tags can get pretty bad. It would be cool if people in the same guild as you would have their names appear as a certain color that you could choose.

#2 Several chat filters are still after all these years horrendously bad. Why is there so much stuff that goes to say? Say should have it's own filter setting. There is so much stuff in say that you are forced to either see that spam, or not see anything that someone actually says to you.

#3 I don't care that someone killed Phinigel. And I won't care that someone killed a fishlord in powater either. This needs some adjustment.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Tweakfour17 like this.
  11. KaldaryeRZ Greon's better half

Wish List - Increase the cleric ward damage in pvp. It is a defensive ability and we are supposed to be the favored agents of our deities. I think that defensive ability should smack back for hard enough to potentially kill someone if attacked in pvp. If you make the extra ward damage pvp only then it won't cause an unbalance in raids and it would add some intrigue.
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I think most of these have been posted but.

Return to the previous filtering of critical heals, DoTs and Nukes to their respective areas. Bundling them together as a single critical filter is stupid

Make forage and fishing result in items in your personal loot filter in the advanced loot window rather than on your cursor. This would allow us to never or always need some items.

Make all PoK, Nexus, Guild Lobby and all housing areas and guild halls no attribute and no food consuming areas. It sucks to afk and eat hard to obtain food and lots of tribute

Change food and drink be a consumable that grants a buff based on your metabolism that persists through death. Having to top slot your stat food and add a macro to use item your junk food is sort of lame and doesn’t encourage continually getting new food

Add old group currency bundles to the overseer vendor. Loyalty vendor has all the group currencies up to Underfoot. With overseer being level 85+ it makes sense to add in HoT and onward expansion currencies. It would offer a good route for returning players to fill out type 5 augs.

Either allow us to “lock” an inventory or bag slot so that only one specific item. So either this one item goes there or the slot remains empty and is skipped by anything else you autoloot. Alternatively a bag that only hold equippable items like weapons and gear.

A quest NPC in PoK that will accept unique bags and in return expand your dragons hoard capacity. This would be a really cool achievement tab to ad to each expansion. Bag hunter.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

@Darchon, you've got some great suggestions there.

Only one I really don't like is the food one. Unless they make mat gathering less ridiculous (in general), then I would be open to it. And, if they're truly consumable, then up the durations a bit.

Oh, and one thing to add to your group currency suggestion.... add newer group currencies to the allowed payments for real estate upkeep. Gotta do something with this 40k+ Marks of Valor ;)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.
  14. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Making Overseer totally account bound takes away the rite of passage of ding 85. it also forever blocks trying the other paths of recruting,or on one collecting coin, etc.

It still should be tied to chatacter, but not reset on a move. progress is progress in game too. Flags move, OS should be the same.
  15. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

One massive QoL issue:

PLEASE< for the love of

[ Insert favorite Norrath deity here ]

move all ORIGIN points to the City zone in.

Seriously. Rivervale Vs Neriak 3rd gate qualifies as a racial penalty. Racial penalties were removed with prophecy of Ro. ;-)

I have a gnome mage who had a broken origin point many years ago, it happened to a lot of people at the time, GMs allowed a once per character reset to affected characters. My mini mage's origin lands him at the entrance to Ak'Anon because the GM I got wasn't totally sure where it was supposed to be, so improvised. Other gnomes...eh, not so much.
    Bobokin, Dre. and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Cornucopia = stacks of 20, Everfount, stacks of 1,000.

Make stacks consistent. Holding control vs holding shift while buying and selling and player trading trading should always point to the same stack sizes.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

It would be nice to have a bag that only accepts tradeable items to collect various attunable/tradeable drops from named/missions while letting the no-trade stuff fall through to a bag that can be looked into for tribute.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No thanks!

The only time I use origin is to visit my guild master or thw spell vendors which are right at the origin spot. I hit level 5 and get origin and then move my bind closer to where I am fighting. As a gnome or as a DE, I origin in, get new spells and gate back out to my chosen fighting area without having to run through multi zones in the case of the DE or through winding coridors in the case of the gnome.
  19. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

"gate"

"Set my bind"

OK, now roll a shadowknight.

and once PoK opens?

The Origin is how ground pounders go home to guild hall and PoK.

Over the lifetime of a character 1-115, by far, more trips will be for going home > guild master who can train you to 21 in a skill.

Be real lol.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

In 21 years, across dozens of characters, I've used Origin may three times. Non-issue, as far as I'm concerned.

With the changes from a year or two ago, where skills catch up to current so much more quickly, who needs guild masters? Rolled some new chars last fall, they're in the 90s now, never needed the guild master for any of them.

Just being real lol.
    Stymie and Joules_Bianchi like this.