new Past Expansion Collector's Edition Bundle in the Marketplace this month

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

So in 1 year and 4 months, you too can get outdated items for "free." (Assuming that it's available then).

They would have done much better at a hard currency rate, half the price, and add the items to /claim. Since TLP's are EQ's "big draw," the fact you can't use these in-era on a TLP is just silly. It's 100% possible, within the existing code, to not only take a marketplace item and add it to /claim (E.G. Fippy Overseer pack) and it is possible to increase the numeric properties of any existing item on /claim. (I don't have a good example, but they did it a while back with a big expansion bundle.. as I have dupes of several 1-time only /claims from big box expansions).
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Sure but are you excited about saving up 16 months of DBC for this stuff? If you are then you're in the minority. Current expansion collector's, premium and F & F versions are way too expensive too but at least it is current. While my intent isn't to be rude there comes a point where we as customers have to say something because these previous expansion "deals" are not a deal and not worth what they are asking for digital items that are already created.

There's no reason for a long term player to spend $80 or 8000 dbc by whatever means it was obtained to purchase these items when there are so many other options out there that are way more "bang for your buck" and that's not even considering the fact that we're still in the middle of a pandemic with all the issues that brought about financially for almost everyone.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It is not simply concern for sales of past collector edition items but it is also about ensuring a balanced pricing structure as not to destabilize and undermine their current offerings. Darkpaw's point of reference seems to be the pricing for current Collector ($90) and Premium ($140) Editions. You may not personally agree with my argument (moral hazard) but it is the most logical explanation.

Obviously, this thread can extend for many pages because we can argue about each bundle's subjective value. We can disagree until we all turn blue because x person believes 8000 DBC is justified, y person thinks $40 is fine, and z person wants it for $1-$10. It's human nature; most are going to want it for the lowest possible price (even free) but we need to understand that Darkpaw operates a business.
  4. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Agreed, this thread can extend many pages and its in DPG's best interest to adjust to the market based on sales numbers.
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. Majyster New Member

not worth the money... 8000dbc for 2 port keys, 3 faction enhancers, and junk
  6. Tygart Lorekeeper

I would love to buy TDS collector's for the pirate ship house.
  7. Leerah Augur

Give us something we can use! We need to replace Guild Hall Porting Devices (Since you've treated wizard and druid port spots so badly.) People leave. They move servers. These devices should be available in the market.