Best Multi Named Camps?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jontrann, Apr 27, 2021.

1. WokeCat Augur

Idk.. I played on FV back in the day and Planar loot was super cheap..
    As someone who raided a lot of planes recently on p99 I don’t think ppl realize how much planar loot rots... and that’s without instances content... almost feel like planar loot will be cheaper than crafted, ravenscale, lambent, dark forge, totemic etc.
  2. Numiko Augur

Don't forget the rare spawn are going to be less rare on these servers too, part of this is they are increasing the spawn rate of "rare spawn" mobs
  3. Juskov Lorekeeper

I'm starting to think we'll be so awash in loot that there won't be anyone left to sell the extras to.
    radclifc likes this.
  4. Krizem Augur

Yeah, probably won't be much of a market for group gear. It will be like those bots that undercut everyone with the ornate armor when PoP drops. The groupable raid loot will be where it's at for awhile. That will probably get saturated too, but then the unlocks are pretty fast on these servers initially.
  5. Baratu New Member

Speculation: what if mobs will have a chance to drop 2 items? 1 from their normal loot table and 1 from a new random loot table.

Wishful thinking, but that would be dope.
  6. Kylo Classic Augur

I'll be happy when a cloak of flames drops off Fippy Darkpaw.
  7. Recondojoe Lorekeeper

It would almost be necessary to encourage players to attempt harder content.
  8. Ronzark Augur

AE groups will be rare as the enchanter nerf has limited the stuns. They will exist, but not as much as before cus you'll need at least 3 if not 4 chanters... that leaves room for only 1 wizard and a cleric. maybe 1 more spot for a puller if you live dangerously. With only 3 stuns though (and lag), a few resists (or lag) means dead chanters.
  9. Bardy McFly Augur

The goal on this server is to get *something* to drop. The odds of you getting the drop you want randomly will be very, very, VERY low. What is going to happen is most people will acquire the gear they want via trading market. The trade market on this server is going to be insane. Until Bazaar opens, EC tunnel is gonna be chaos.
  10. Bardy McFly Augur

Quag is a quest mob. If they keep to quest mobs retaining their loot tables, then Quag will only ever drop the bard horn and maybe vendor trash. If they let quest mobs also drop random valuable loot, good luck ever getting a quest done without doing so via the trade market. I hope DPG has put some thought around quest mobs, as that has been my biggest concern with this ruleset.
  11. TheTone Elder

I feel like Plat will be king on this server. Giants are going to be super contested...I wonder if <Paul> will drum up his bot army and lock down the Ice Giants for 6 months straight again.

But as others have mentioned, group gear not tied to epics will very quickly drop in price in the first few weeks as guilds raid-gear out their toons. It might not happen that way in classic since it's only 1-month long, but certainly by the time Kunark drops, Classic raid-loot will dominate the EC tunnel and group-gear will be super cheap. I expect the class-specific classic group quest armor (Crafted / Lambent, etc) to be worth less than the gems needed to make it.
  12. Bardy McFly Augur

Tradskilling will take a huge hit on this server, so be sure to support your tradeskill friends that enjoy tradeskilling simply for doing it, not for profit. Group items won't have any profit to make them worth creating beyond the skillups. Tradeskills will mostly be delegated to required items for quests or initial raid gear creation. Jewelcrafting might be the one exception due to hp/resist jewelry not easily replaced by drops and cheap cost/reward for twinks.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Of course. It was just my opinion.
  14. coltongrundy Augur

You're all confusing "named" with "rare".
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

And you are stuck on one word.
  16. coltongrundy Augur

Why are you pretending you don't know what that word means?
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

/ignore
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

As much as we'd love for everything to be perfectly sorted and make sense history has shown us that is not the case. Like the Fabled for example, they aren't /con rare, but someone felt there were special enough. We don't really know how thorough DBG was or was not or how they accounted for the mobs until we get into it. And even then they left themselves a way out by not explicitly explaining the mechanic ("Learn") and by including the line "We may add other special case randomization". So even if on launch it's perfectly 100% of /con rare mobs only, and they decide that some piece of loot is dropping too much or not enough or whatever they can change it and just point to that.
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Imagine if they put the SONH and Kaesora VP Key groundspawns to randomly also drop from named in those zones.

NIENTE......
  20. Sansvisage New Member

Will items like the manastone, rubi and guise still drop with the quick roll out of expansions, gonna need to understand what mobs might have a chance to drop these.. I’m keen to get a guise for my bard, but probably better off just waiting til it changes to mask of deception and trading for it as it will be dirt cheap. It will be interesting to see what items like guise of the deceiver sell for.